ECT The NT on Isaiah 40-66

SaulToPaul 2

Isaiah 60
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Accept correction from this Isaianic passage, Interplenary!!!!

musterion

Do you think IP is really an SDA?
I think he will glean from anyone, except the Bible itself.

Dunno. Maybe.

1. Some SDA sources believe the NC bypasses the 10 Commandments sabbath by going all the way back to the day of rest at creation, and so restores that 7th day of rest (which raises a whole other set of questions). IP sounded a little vague on the sabbath question.

2. The SDA are officially historicists -- not futurists as often portrayed. That means they view the events of Revelation symbolically as the ongoing history of the church (what a mess). Since it is NOT a literal interpretation and pretty much hates futurism, it's not impossible for one to have a historicist view and also be a partial preterist with regard to Israel...especially if one thinks (as with the SDA and all of protestantism) that they have replaced Israel.

3. IP is a student of Doug Bachelor, the current (afaik) main apologist for the SDA. I mean, knowledgeable about the guy's specific positions. Could be coincidence but it's really odd.

Added up, could mean nothing.

Danoh

Dunno. Maybe.

1. Some SDA sources believe the NC bypasses the 10 Commandments sabbath by going all the way back to the day of rest at creation, and so restores that 7th day of rest (which raises a whole other set of questions). IP sounded a little vague on the sabbath question.

2. The SDA are officially historicists -- not futurists as often portrayed. That means they view the events of Revelation symbolically as the ongoing history of the church (what a mess). Since it is NOT a literal interpretation and pretty much hates futurism, it's not impossible for one to have a historicist view and also be a partial preterist with regard to Israel...especially if one thinks (as with the SDA and all of protestantism) that they have replaced Israel.

3. IP is a student of Doug Bachelor, the current (afaik) main apologist for the SDA. I mean, knowledgeable about the guy's specific positions. Could be coincidence but it's really odd.

IP has always asserted justification by faith alone; and gave Faither the what for over it, more than once - I strongly doubt IP is SDA.

His Eschatology is more his own hybrid out of various sources - Reformed; Preterism; SDA; you name it.

Which reminds me - yo, IP, how come you no longer sing the praises of Steve Wohlberg? Ya did that purty regl'r, quite a spell there :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't know what the confusion is about the covenant for the nations. It can't mean anything else but Christ.
That clinches it, as this stock "answer," "the covenant for the nation" is Christ, can be used to explain/explain away any doctrinal point.

Tell us, Interloper, what is the dispensation of the grace of God, the mystery, the new heavens and the new earth, the age to come, the mystery of the gospel, the gospel of the kingdom, the sermon on the mount, a covenant with Abraham..............................................................................................................................................................

Let me guess: Christ.

Teach us...Please?

Interplanner

Dunno. Maybe.

You are very ignorant of me and devious from the text. I happened to hear one comment from a guest. I am not a student of. The reason his idea of spiritual Israel is wrong is because it validates the race later, which the NT does not.

The nations do not bow down to Israel; Christ is the Israel, and the Servant, and performs what the Servant is supposed to do; what Israel was supposed to do. They bow down to him, not in a millenium but as the ultimate outcome of history. You are very darkened and Christless in your understanding.

SaulToPaul 2

That clinches it, as this stock "answer," "the covenant for the nation" is Christ, can be used to explain/explain away any doctrinal point.

Tell us, Interloper, what is the dispensation of the grace of God, the mystery, the new heavens and the new earth, the age to come, the mystery of the gospel, the gospel of the kingdom, the sermon on the mount, a covenant with Abraham..............................................................................................................................................................

Let me guess: Christ.

Teach us...Please?

Yes, saint john, it's the magic wand that unbelievers use to splain away God's promises.

musterion

If present day Christendom has inherited Israel's position as preist-nation for the redemption of the world, then God is a liar and Christ is a complete failure. All Christendom has ever done is make things worse and driven people further AWAY from God.

Interplanner

If present day Christendom has inherited Israel's position as preist-nation for the redemption of the world, then God is a liar and Christ is a complete failure. All Christendom has ever done is make things worse and driven people further AWAY from God.

Who said anything about "Christendom"? Define your terms.

D'ism was invented to protect the Pope from the Reformation accusation that the Pope was AC. So your question is covered by those historical steps already taken.

Interplanner

The Christian evangelical mission is actually credited with tons of good around the world and in intellectual and social levels (sciences, treatment of women, ending of slavery). An obsession with the land of Israel and Judaism was concocted by many 19th century Jews but never really pulled off until they had people willing to be terrorists (Irgon), etc., to impose themselves into the caliphate. See FOYLE'S WAR next to last episode "Trespass." It has indeed 'destabilized' the region. But God is in control, and it is a wonder that the region has not yet vaporized.

SaulToPaul 2

The Christian evangelical mission is actually credited with tons of good around the world and in intellectual and social levels (sciences, treatment of women, ending of slavery). An obsession with the land of Israel and Judaism was concocted by many 19th century Jews but never really pulled off until they had people willing to be terrorists (Irgon), etc., to impose themselves into the caliphate. See FOYLE'S WAR next to last episode "Trespass." It has indeed 'destabilized' the region. But God is in control, and it is a wonder that the region has not yet vaporized.

See: Anything but scripture
IP's MO

SaulToPaul 2

You don't know anyone keeping the Great Commission. Zero.