THE NEW RAPE RULES WHICH WILL INFANTILISE WOMEN AND CRIMINALISE INNOCENT MEN

GFR7

From Breitbart.com:

The new rules in the UK are as bad as in the US and this is bad, bad, bad policy for men and women, both!!! aaargh:nono::madmad:

What about presumption of innocence? Probable cause? Due process?????

A word of advice, chaps. The next time you head off for a night out on the tiles, don’t forget to take everything you might need with you.

Wallet, phone and, if you hope to get lucky later on, maybe a packet of condoms and, of course, a legal consent form, an alcohol breath test kit, two independent witnesses, preferably female, and a lawyer to verify that the lady in question has indeed consented to sex and also that she was in a condition to give that consent knowingly and soberly.

Thanks to the newly announced overhaul of how the Crown Prosecution Service should treat rape cases, this is what a typical Friday night out will soon involve for any man who doesn’t fancy facing rape charges the morning after the night before. According to Alison Saunders, the Director of Public Prosecutions, the concept of “No means No” just doesn’t hack it anymore.

It turns out that Yes sometimes means No too, particularly when a woman is judged to be too inebriated to be capable of making a conscious decision. If she’s three sheets to the wind, then the new rule is that she is not capable of consenting to get between the sheets.

Even if she has said Yes and has even undressed herself or initiated the sexual advances. Even if she at no point suggested she had changed her mind or asked the man to stop. Even if she blatantly enjoyed herself at the time.

This is patently absurd. And yet this is precisely what the DPP has announced.

Unlike any other offence, where the onus is on the prosecution to prove that the accused is guilty of a crime, this puts the responsibility squarely (if not fairly) on the shoulders of the accused to prove that he is innocent. In one fell swoop, Mrs Saunders has turned a fundamental principle of our justice system – the presumption of innocence – on its head.

Instead of requiring evidence of non-consensual sex, the CPS will now look only for the absence of evidence that there was consent.

Under these new rules, without a legal consent form being signed in front of witnesses (unlikely in most circumstance, I think we can all agree) a drunk man will be held 100% responsible for anything he does during any sexual encounter with a woman. From the first kiss to the zipping up of his trousers, he is culpable for all of his actions – and hers too.

A drunk woman, by contrast, will have zero responsibility and culpability for anything that happens between the two of them simply by virtue of her consumption of alcohol.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...fantilise-women-and-criminalise-innocent-men/

GFR7

It would be bad if what was stated the article was policy, its currently unclear what is going to policy, but I doubt its what is claimed.

an interesting article and some interesting comments

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/29/cps-rape-guidelines-victims-practice
There can be needed and deserved protections of rape victims without destroying due process, presumption of innocence, probable cause---I have my doubts about how "good" these changes will be.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any rules that protect rape victims and punish RAPISTS are good rules.

GFR7

Any rules that protect rape victims and punish RAPISTS are good rules.
You didn't read the OP. This is about possibly punishing many, many innocent people, and infantalizing women. It is awful - a violation of jurisprudence. This is a new form of rape.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You didn't read the OP. This is about possibly punishing many, many innocent people, and infantalizing women. It is awful - a violation of jurisprudence. This is a new form of rape.

I *did* read the OP. Sounds familiar. Protect accused rapists. Make it more difficult for rape victims to come forward. Put the victims on trial.

"Infantalize women". Pffftt.

This Charming Manc

I have concerns, but we need to see more detail and how it will work out.

currently the balance of justice is massively with the accused, and the victim is often the one who receives rough or no justice.

the status quo is not an option.

There can be needed and deserved protections of rape victims without destroying due process, presumption of innocence, probable cause---I have my doubts about how "good" these changes will be.

GFR7

I *did* read the OP. Sounds familiar. Protect accused rapists. Make it more difficult for rape victims to come forward. Put the victims on trial.

"Infantalize women". Pffftt.
If you believe in the highlighted parts, I must part company with you. I believe in justice for all, and fair laws.

GFR7

I have concerns, but we need to see more detail and how it will work out.

currently the balance of justice is massively with the accused, and the victim is often the one who receives rough or no justice.

the status quo is not an option.
If that's true, then yes, the status quo must change. This, however, is not the change that's needed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you believe in the highlighted parts, I must part company with you.

Considering how many times you have gone out of your way to trivialize rape, that is no great loss.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I've never done that. Sorry.

When is the last time you have focused on the atrocity of rape instead of suggesting that rapists are victims ... OR blaming the victims.

OR let's take it a step further. Two friends are at a bar and both are drunk. They have a verbal altercation and one pulls out a gun or other weapon and seriously injures OR kills the other friend. Who is responsible?

Daniel1611

I'm for capital punishment for rapists. Just throwing that out there. I know a girl that was drugged and raped multiple times by her stepfather who was convicted with photographic evidence, and spent like 4 years in the county jail and is free right now. I'm for the execution of these hell-bound reprobates. And not "lethal injection" like you do to put your pet down. We should burn these scumbags at the stake in public or stone them or something.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm for capital punishment for rapists. Just throwing that out there. I know a girl that was drugged and raped multiple times by her stepfather, and was convicted with photographic evidence, and spent like 4 years in the country jail and is free right now. I'm for the execution of these hell-bound reprobates. And not "lethal injection" like you do to put your pet down. We should burn these scumbags at the stake in public or stone them or something.

:BRAVO:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that an agreeable clap or a sarcastic clap? So hard to decipher an inflection in text or emoticons.

:chuckle: Agreeable, of course. I am an advocate for utilizing the death penalty for rapists and child molesters.

GFR7

When is the last time you have focused on the atrocity of rape instead of suggesting that rapists are victims ... OR blaming the victims.

OR let's take it a step further. Two friends are at a bar and both are drunk. They have a verbal altercation and one pulls out a gun or other weapon and seriously injures OR kills the other friend. Who is responsible?
The person with the gun. But that has nothing to do with two people consenting to sex, and one later calling it rape. That is evil.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The person with the gun. But that has nothing to do with two people consenting to sex, and one later calling it rape. That is evil.

Making the assumption that the woman MUST be lying is evil.

GFR7

I'm for capital punishment for rapists. Just throwing that out there. I know a girl that was drugged and raped multiple times by her stepfather who was convicted with photographic evidence, and spent like 4 years in the county jail and is free right now. I'm for the execution of these hell-bound reprobates. And not "lethal injection" like you do to put your pet down. We should burn these scumbags at the stake in public or stone them or something.
But this post is NOT about the evil stepfather whom you describe above. It is about decent, innocent, non-raping men. So what you post above is irrelevant: We are all of us against such a man as you describe, but that is another topic altogether.

Daniel1611

:chuckle: Agreeable, of course. I am an advocate for utilizing the death penalty for rapists and child molesters.

:up: I assumed so, but hard to tell online. When we are both commenting on these politics threads, you and I seem to be in agreement for the most part. You know what they say about great minds. :cheers: