The new evangelism (gospel)

glorydaz

That you are a hypocrite.

I stand, without shame, or fear of contradiction, for the truth and the trust. Those that have been set free and love the truth recognise it. Those that live by trust will rejoice at the witness of it.

You are perishing, and so for you, all that I am and for all that I stand in and for is the aroma of death.

2 Corinthians 2:16kjv

2 Cor. 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.​

So, I notice the Luster is corrupting the word of God....being unable to actually engage in a reasoned debate.

It's the same thing God's UNtruth does but with a different set of verses.

Epoisses

No.

Persons constructing straw men of the Calvinist's views by claiming we operate from the same presuppositions they do and therefore believe about our beliefs what they believe about our beliefs leaves no hope for honest discussion.

If persons would avail themselves of a scripturally accurate summary of our beliefs, e.g., WCF, with a nice exposition of the same here, much clarity would ensue. Unfortunately some prefer to just parrot others in discussion forums and not dig deeper.

Had you dug deeper, you would find that it is invariably the Calvinist that would declare that the elect are a great multitude no man can number (Rev. 7:9), while the anti-Calvinist is always going on about how few will actually be saved, misunderstanding their favorite narrow and wide gate verses.

For example, it appears that no more than one third of the angels fell (Rev. 12:4 and following). Should we suppose that God, who made man in his own image, and the Son of God, who took upon himself not the nature of angels but the seed of Abraham, should have purposed to redeem a lesser percentage (one-third) of men than angels were kept from apostasy? This seems to misrepresent the claim that God's redemption of men is more exalted than his upholding and confirming of the elect angels (1 Pet. 1:12 and forward).

There is no war going on within the heart and mind of the non-believer, for the non-believer is not able to do other than sin more or sin less (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Further your notion ends up in the sad conclusion that those that choose wisely apparently have something special within themselves than does those that choose poorly. After all, if as you say, God the Holy Spirit is speaking to all humanity, then the only reason one chooses rightly and another does not is but based upon their own merits, thus making God out to be a debtor to man's wise choices. Nonsense.

Go into your private space, think, pray and study, while honestly answering why it was that you chose wisely and your neighbor did not. What was so special about you over your poor foolish neighbor? There is only one correct answer that gives all glory to God without robbing Him of His sovereignty: "because God first acted (Eze. 36:26), for had He not so acted, I would never ever choose rightly."

Do not be one of those that lift up this sort of boastful prayer:

[FONT=&]
“Lord, I thank thee that I am not like these poor, presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free will; I was born with a power by which I can turn to thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace as I have, they might all have been saved. Lord, I know that thou dost not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves… it was not thy grace that made us differ… I made use of what was given me, and others did not—that is the difference between me and them.”​
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Src: Spurgeon, Sermon on John 5:40 “Free Will a Slave” The New Park Street Pulpit, 1855- 1856, Volumes I & II (Pilgrim 1975), 395-402.
[/FONT]​

Next time you want to make an accurate statement about what Calvinists believe, read our Confession (see above) or ask an actual Calvinist. :AMR:

AMR

Nice deflection from the topic at hand but then you are an expert at that. Jesus is the 2nd Adam and savior of the world to the Clavinist's dismay.

Truster

The thing that most disgusts me about Calvinism is their adherence to the law. In doing so grace does not avail them. They have the creeds, the confessions and they have Moses, no room for anyone else.

popsthebuilder

The thing that most disgusts me about Calvinism is their adherence to the law. In doing so grace does not avail them. They have the creeds, the confessions and they have Moses, no room for anyone else.
I find Calvinists? to have doctrine stemming from scriptural understanding. But like you, they deny free will, which too is biblical. This seems to contort their perceptions to some extent.

I'd rather speak with a real Calvinist their doctrines, than you.

At least they can back their class with scripture, and amazingly, are generally less prideful than you.

They don't generally make up their own definitions to words in order to force there doctrines to seem scriptural like I've noticed some doing.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

I find Calvinists? to have doctrine stemming from scriptural understanding. But like you, they deny free will, which too is biblical. This seems to contort their perceptions to some extent.

I'd rather speak with a real Calvinist their doctrines, than you.

At least they can back their class with scripture, and amazingly, are generally less prideful than you.

They don't generally make up their own definitions to words in order to force there doctrines to seem scriptural like I've noticed some doing.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

All denominations and cults have doctrines that are based on scripture and that is what appeals to the masses. We did a Bible study last night that culminated in visiting the websites of a couple of local evangelical denominations. As I pointed out, the statements of "faith" look fine on the surface, but when they were stripped down they were doctrinally unsound. They included lots of scripture, but the context in which the scriptures were used was proof of there being no understanding.

musterion

All denominations and cults have doctrines that are based on scripture and that is what appeals to the masses. We did a Bible study last night that culminated in visiting the websites of a couple of local evangelical denominations. As I pointed out, the statements of "faith" look fine on the surface, but when they were stripped down they were doctrinally unsound. They included lots of scripture, but the context in which the scriptures were used was proof of there being no understanding.

Please post your church's SoF so we may examine it.

musterion

My statement of trust is this:

I have been converted.

Why are you hiding it? If you are a scripturally correct as you claim, you have nothing to fear from us. You don't have to name your church. Just post the text of the statement of faith please

Truster

Why are you hiding it? If you are a scripturally correct as you claim, you have nothing to fear from us. You don't have to name your church. Just post the text of the statement of faith please

I have done so.

There is only one ecclesia and I was added to that ecclesia the moment I was converted.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Conversion is just the beginning. After that you need to grow into maturity. You haven't reached that stage yet.

It seems that he never grew, in fact, he learned to glorify himself.

He is not the only one. there are many churchgoers like him.

There are many of them in this forum.

Epoisses

It seems that he never grew, in fact, he learned to glorify himself.

He is not the only one. there are many churchgoers like him.

There are many of them in this forum.

You need to grow up too, law-keeper! Faith is the one Talent that the Lord required his servant to increase by usury.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You need to grow up too, law-keeper!

I grew because I strive to obey Jesus' teachings.

If you claim to be a Christian, you ought to appreciate Jesus' teachings. Why do you claim to be a Christian if you don't honor His teachings, His law?