The Mystery of the "Frozen Mammoths"

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
Bob b is a liar and your attempts to deflect that fact by bringing religion and false accusations into this [non-religious] discussion is proof that you are just like him.
[Psssst, I'm not an atheist.] :BillyBob:

Apparently, BillyBob has "lost it" by calling me a liar, because the information I have posted comes from Walt Brown's website which includes numerous credible references.
Thus, to be logical BillyBob should also include Walt in his unwarranted and irresponsible liar accusation.

Walt has explained why merely having hair does not equip animals for a wintry climate, and has backed up his explanation with references from professionals. The fact that the frozen mammoth mystery has been explained incorrectly in the past by people jumping to conclusions based on the presence of hair does not excuse BillyBob from considering Walt's careful analysis and worse, in effect calling me and Walt liars.

Damian

bob b said:
To me this sounds like the most reasonable solution to the enduring mystery of frozen mammoths and the amazing depth (in some spots exceeding 450 meters) of the frozen ground (permafrost) in many areas of the arctic. In other words some of the water (and mud along with it) squirted into the upper atmosphere by the fountains may have become "supercooled" and as the mixture fell back to Earth suffocated and buried many mammoths that were later found frozen in an upright position with food still in their mouths and undigested in their stomachs.

What happened to the two mammoths on Noah's ark?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
bob b said:
Apparently, BillyBob has "lost it" by calling me a liar, because the information I have posted comes from Walt Brown's website which includes numerous credible references.
Thus, to be logical BillyBob should also include Walt in his unwarranted and irresponsible liar accusation.

No, I called you a liar because you said: "Actually all you have done is post links where people give their opion or you make silly refutations like wooly mammoths have hair (implying that this shows they lived in a very cold climate that would be able to freeze them solid before decay set in)."

That is a lie, it has nothing at all to do with Walt Brown and all to do with the fact that you are a liar.

Walt has explained why merely having hair does not equip animals for a wintry climate, and has backed up his explanation with references from professionals. The fact that the frozen mammoth mystery has been explained incorrectly in the past by people jumping to conclusions based on the presence of hair does not excuse BillyBob from considering Walt's careful analysis and worse, in effect calling me and Walt liars.

I never called Brown a liar, he is just a quack.

:sozo: Pay Attention!!!

Damian

bowhunter said:
Are mammoths clean or unclean?

I don't know. What sayeth you?

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is cloven-footed, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

4 Nevertheless, these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean
Leviticus 11:1-8

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Damian said:
What happened to the two mammoths on Noah's ark?

Mammoths had long been extinct by the time of the flood.

In fact, they had been extinct for a few thousand years before 'creation'.

Damian

BillyBob said:

I suppose you subscribe to the alleged gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Do you care to elaborate?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Damian said:
I suppose you subscribe to the alleged gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Do you care to elaborate?

No, I subscribe to the alleged gap between science and religion.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
bowhunter said:
He knows this because he is older than Bob B. and was a stowaway on the Ark.

I realize you have absolutely nothing to offer to this discussion about Woolly Mammoths, but what does my age or anyone elses have to do with anything?

Damian

BillyBob said:

Please explain how the mammoths became extinct before they were "created."

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Damian said:
Please explain how the mammoths became extinct before they were "created."

Mammoths became extinct about 10,000 years ago. The last I heard, 'Creation' happened about 6,000 years ago.

bowhunter

BillyBob said:
I realize you have absolutely nothing to offer to this discussion about Woolly Mammoths, but what does my age or anyone elses have to do with anything?

Well you claim to know like you were there, and since everyone else is a liar, I would have to give the devil his dues! How much is the ante?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
bowhunter said:
Well you claim to know like you were there,

No moreso than bob b or Walt Brown.

and since everyone else is a liar,

I never said that, you lied again.

I would have to give the devil his dues! How much is the ante?

With your 'batting average', I would stay as far away from Vegas or any other gambling establishment if I were you.

Now, you wanna talk about Mammoths or are you content to just continue with your mindless babbling?

Damian

BillyBob said:
Mammoths became extinct about 10,000 years ago. The last I heard, 'Creation' happened about 6,000 years ago.

Are you going to share your theory with us?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Damian said:
Are you going to share your theory with us?

What theory?

I am comparing what science says about the extinction of the Mammoths to what creationists say about the age of the Earth. Isn't that the real point of this thread and every other thread bob b has started?

Damian

BillyBob said:
What theory?

I am comparing what science says about the extinction of the Mammoths to what creationists say about the age of the Earth. Isn't that the real point of this thread and every other thread bob b has started?

My apologies. I was confusing you with "bob b."

The Berean

death2impiety said:
Mammoth meat is surely the rarest delicacy in the world. Do you think any post-flood humans have gotten to sample it?
I'm sure it tasted like chicken. :chicken:

bowhunter

BillyBob said:
What theory?

WHOA, whoa, whoa, wait a minute. You guys constantly criticize science as not being exact and constantly reevaluating itself when we show you flaws in the timelines, data, and coding, yet you accept this particular dating? Something dosn't smell right and it ain't the rotting mammoth meat.