The Mystery of Christ

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
The Word was WITH God BEFORE The Beginning.

John 1 is not a fool-proof text. The “word” in the prior known translations was not capitalized and it was “it” not “he”. It was capitalised in the KJV of 1611 and “it” became “he”.

Besides, Jon 1 neither state that God is Trinity nor that Jesus is God. All began in 325 under the pagan Roman god’s “inspiration”.

Besides. the word was with God about eternal life for His people before the beginning.

Jesus and the NT writers almost always referred to prophets.

Which prophets you would say Jesus referred to in Jn1:1-3 if not to these?

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psa 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
Psa 33:9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

It is confirmed in the NT:

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word (rhema-never Jesus, always utterance) of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

The origin of Jesus is clearly stated here:

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

Peter declares it fulfilled here:

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

and Paul here:

Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Further by Krsto on logos:

We get our word LOGIC from LOGOS as well as biology (the study of life), anthropology (the study of man), psychology (the study of the soul), etc.

The second part of the definition of LOGOS (from http://www.biblestudytools.net. (The same can be found in a Strong’s Concordance):

2. Its use as respect to the MIND alone:
a. reason, the mental faculty of thinking, meditating, reasoning, calculating
b. account, i.e. regard, consideration
c. account, i.e. reckoning, score
d. account, i.e. answer or explanation in reference to judgment
e. relation, i.e. with whom as judge we stand in relation
1. reason would
f. reason, cause, ground

This definition of LOGOS can be clearly seen in the following usages where LOGOS is translated into the underlined words in all capital letters:

Ac 18:14 - Gallio said unto the Jews, “If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, REASON would that I should bear with you.”

Ac 10:29 - Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what INTENT ye have sent for me?

Ac 8:21 - Thou hast neither part nor lot in this MATTER: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Ac 15:6 - And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this MATTER.

Mt 5:32 - But I say unto you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the CAUSE of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery.

Mt 18:23 - The kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take ACCOUNT of his servants.

Lu 16:2 - And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? Give an ACCOUNT of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.

Heb 13:17 - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give ACCOUNT, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John 1 is not a fool-proof text. The “word” in the prior known translations was not capitalized and it was “it” not “he”. It was capitalised in the KJV of 1611 and “it” became “he”.

Besides, Jon 1 neither state that God is Trinity nor that Jesus is God. All began in 325 under the pagan Roman god’s “inspiration”.

Besides. the word was with God about eternal life for His people before the beginning.

Jesus and the NT writers almost always referred to prophets.

Which prophets you would say Jesus referred to in Jn1:1-3 if not to these?

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psa 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
Psa 33:9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

It is confirmed in the NT:

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word (rhema-never Jesus, always utterance) of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

The origin of Jesus is clearly stated here:

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

Peter declares it fulfilled here:

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

and Paul here:

Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Further by Krsto on logos:

We get our word LOGIC from LOGOS as well as biology (the study of life), anthropology (the study of man), psychology (the study of the soul), etc.

The second part of the definition of LOGOS (from http://www.biblestudytools.net. (The same can be found in a Strong’s Concordance):

2. Its use as respect to the MIND alone:
a. reason, the mental faculty of thinking, meditating, reasoning, calculating
b. account, i.e. regard, consideration
c. account, i.e. reckoning, score
d. account, i.e. answer or explanation in reference to judgment
e. relation, i.e. with whom as judge we stand in relation
1. reason would
f. reason, cause, ground

This definition of LOGOS can be clearly seen in the following usages where LOGOS is translated into the underlined words in all capital letters:

Ac 18:14 - Gallio said unto the Jews, “If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, REASON would that I should bear with you.”

Ac 10:29 - Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what INTENT ye have sent for me?

Ac 8:21 - Thou hast neither part nor lot in this MATTER: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Ac 15:6 - And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this MATTER.

Mt 5:32 - But I say unto you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the CAUSE of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery.

Mt 18:23 - The kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take ACCOUNT of his servants.

Lu 16:2 - And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? Give an ACCOUNT of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.

Heb 13:17 - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give ACCOUNT, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief.

i understand and respect your views. i can see how people can make those conclusions. i see something else. most of the scriptures above display nothing to disprove Jesus Is God Incarnate. when i know this to be True, i see it when i read the OT as well. thanks :up:

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
i understand and respect your views.

Since when quoted texts are my views?

i can see how people can make those conclusions.

Where exactly you see my conclusions since I quoted from God's word?

most of the scriptures above display nothing to disprove Jesus Is God Incarnate.

Perhaps you should read it before making such a blasphemous statement.

...i know this to be True, i see it when i read the OT as well.

If you were not indoctrinated from the pulpit you would see/know the blasphemy.

Levolor

I am only pointing to God's word. Study the Bible and you will not ask me for "my thoughts".

You know far too little to present your ideas about God’s word on the international forum. Changing what God said once for all is called blasphemy in the first place.

Some are called to teach and most are not. Don't make it my problem because you can't teach.

Not everyone receives the same revelations. If we all could only find it in our hearts to share with one another what we have had revealed to us in peaceful harmonious communication then this religion called Christianity might grow instead of decrease in numbers.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some are called to teach and most are not. Don't make it my problem because you can't teach.

Not everyone receives the same revelations. If we all could only find it in our hearts to share with one another what we have had revealed to us in peaceful harmonious communication then this religion called Christianity might grow instead of decrease in numbers.

absolutely. i don't know Latin or Greek, nothing but english, but if we break down the word communication. you get to "commune" - communion - communicate. this should be a place where the best of us comes out. not the negative accusatory dialogue. i realize Faith and belief is a very emotionally charged topic, but i wish people would try to be the loving, understanding Christians we all want to be. if we can't do it here, how can we do it in our everyday life ? wishful thinking i know. :baby:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Since when quoted texts are my views?

Where exactly you see my conclusions since I quoted from God's word?

Perhaps you should read it before making such a blasphemous statement.

If you were not indoctrinated from the pulpit you would see/know the blasphemy.

i absolutely love this forum. i laugh harder than any comedy show. funny stuff ! i am serious. i am lol'ing now i cant stop - you are drawing conclusions, and apparently you hate churches

keypurr

i absolutely love this forum. i laugh harder than any comedy show. funny stuff ! i am serious. i am lol'ing now i cant stop - you are drawing conclusions, and apparently you hate churches

I am glad your here. Hope you stay. I do not agree with you but I understand your thoughts. Are you using a PC or a Tablet friend?

If your using a PC I suggest you get the free Bible program at
www.e-sword.com

It is easy to learn and most things you can add to it are free.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am glad your here. Hope you stay. I do not agree with you but I understand your thoughts. Are you using a PC or a Tablet friend?

If your using a PC I suggest you get the free Bible program at
www.e-sword.com

It is easy to learn and most things you can add to it are free.

thanks key ! good to be here - noguru got banned ? anyway, who creates e-sword ? i use a pc for now:patrol:

keypurr

thanks key ! good to be here - noguru got banned ? anyway, who creates e-sword ? i use a pc for now:patrol:

A nice man named Rick Myers made it about ten years ago for the PC. He also made an iPad version but it is not as good. HE HAS ADDED ON TO IT EVERY YEAR AND IT IS REALLY A GREAT PROGRAM. Try it out if you have a PC you will not be sorry.

Levolor

absolutely. i don't know Latin or Greek, nothing but english, but if we break down the word communication. you get to "commune" - communion - communicate.

Yes! :) One of my favorite verses has 'communed' in it. It's from after the crucifixion, and it's:

And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. Luke 24:15

How can this not be loved?

When we commune with one another... Jesus Himself draws near! :cloud9:

this should be a place where the best of us comes out. not the negative accusatory dialogue.

Indeed.

i realize Faith and belief is a very emotionally charged topic, but i wish people would try to be the loving, understanding Christians we all want to be. if we can't do it here, how can we do it in our everyday life ? wishful thinking i know. :baby:

Not totally wishful thinking. It can start here, mature and then go into the world with it.

You know when Jesus said to be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect? That word perfect doesn't mean to be flawless... it means to be mature.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1 JOHN 4:17

That's being mature, I'd think.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned

I am only quoting from God's word where God did all the teaching.

Not everyone receives the same revelations.

We aren't in Paul's time when the NT wasn't, when the Bible wasn’t commonly accessible.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes! :) Once of my favorite verses has 'communed' in it. It's from after the crucifixion, and it's:

And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. Luke 24:15

How can this not be loved?

When we commune with one another... Jesus Himself draws near! :cloud9:

Indeed.

Not totally wishful thinking. It can start here, mature and then go into the world with it.

You know when Jesus said to be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect? That word perfect doesn't mean to be flawless... it means to be mature.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1 JOHN 4:17

That's being mature, I'd think.

beautiful. that's what i came here for. i came across TOL just looking for GOD SEEKING, reasonable, intelligent, HONEST, courteous, respectful, unbiased, curious, fearless, soul-searching, conversation. humor is also a must for me. probably impossible anywhere online. we can disagree and still have interest in, and respect for other peoples' wisdom, experience, interpretations, and most importantly their Spiritual Walk In Christ, or whatever they do. like i said, if we can't be loving, caring, sharing, understanding Christians on TOL, how can we possibly do it in our everyday life. that should be quote of the day. or year. lol. we may not agree on every detail, but i like you, Levolor ! - peace - :think:

Last edited:

Levolor

beautiful. that's what i came here for. i came across TOL just looking for GOD SEEKING, reasonable, intelligent, HONEST, courteous, respectful, unbiased, curious, fearless, soul-searching, conversation. humor is must for me. probably impossible anywhere online. we can disagree and still have interest in and resect for other peoples wisdom, experience, interpretations, and most importantly their Spiritual Walk In Christ, or whatever they do. like i said, if we can't be loving, caring, sharing, understanding Christians on TOL, how can we possibly do it in our everyday life. that should be quote of day. or year. lol. we may not agree on every detail, but i like you, Levolor ! - peace - :think:

Amen.

Same here.

I think you know that I like you too, but if not, know now that I like you, Patrick. Love you, too. :)

God bless.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned

Some love Muslim others Indian "Churches".

What made you to "love Christian" Churches?

Isn't the barbarism through which they "received their revelations"?

Levolor

Amen.

Same here.

I think you know that I like you too, but if not, know now that I like you, Patrick. Love you, too. :)

God bless.

LOL!!! I made a typo! I changed the word not to now... lol, now corrected/edited! <insert red faced emoticon>

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Amen.

Same here.

I think you know that I like you too, but if not, know not that I like you, Patrick. Love you, too. :)

God bless.

yeah, maybe we can meet halfway someday. my brother goes to Mizzou. ROTC - Army. he's only 18. i'm 45, old enough to be his dad. long story, maybe a football game. he's only a freshman, we got time. lol. yes, another fine son of Missouri, whooped 'em again Josie ! ! :cheers:

Levolor

I hope you have seen my edit of the post you quoted.

yeah, maybe we can meet halfway someday.

I truly believe that we won't be judged on what we believe and think, but instead on how well we have loved one another... despite differences of opinion. Halfway sounds great! :)

my brother goes to Mizzou. ROTC - Army. he's only 18. i'm 45, old enough to be his dad. long story, maybe a football game. he's only a freshman, we got time. lol. yes, another fine son of Missouri, whooped 'em again Josie ! ! :cheers:

That's cool! :cheers:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

I didn't know you had this thread. It seems to be doing well. What a shocker. I thought that the only thread you had was called 'Threads.' Well, I'll try to post more often once I see what it's all about. I will find time to check it out soon. Kudos to you, PJ!! Hang in There!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Levolor,

How are you doing lately? Well, we finally connect with a mutual friend!! Cool! This is the type of stuff that I'm interested in. But, right now, I need to get something to eat (a hamburger). Will be back soon!!

Praise God!!

Michael