ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm having my popcorn and eating it, too!

:popcorn:

HMwb1CL.jpg

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Danoh

You arent right there, you are assuming you are right, there is more than one meaning for the word, like heir clearly laid out for you.

Youre declaring you are right, and then posting you showing your claim about it, then saying because you made a claim, you are right, but doesnt mean you are.

Nope. My point was clear in my post to GD, that I had asserted the exact thing that GD had asserted it meant.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Job and Noah and Daniel were in communication with God, but they didn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

How do you know? How would these saints have access to God, apart or without the indwelling Holy Spirit?

They did obey God, and were quite successful at it

None of these O.T. saints were saved according to their obedience. Rather, their obedience demonstrated their faith in the covenant promises of God, proving their salvation was according to grace and the imputation of Godly righteousness, alone.

This silliness of labelling what you don't understand as "Pelagianism" is getting old.

God only knows how you define Pelagianism. Do you know and understand the history, definition, and Scriptural reasons Christians have always rejected it as heresy?

Or are you simply determined to make this the anti-Christian hill you will die on, only to stubbornly deny the absolute sovereignty of God?

Danoh

There is this...

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

But there is also this, some four years earlier than Pentecost...

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Just as there is this, many centuries earlier....

2 Samuel 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

But there is also this, many centuries later...

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

glorydaz

Speaking of recurring patterns, Tam, why is the Delete Post in the Edit Post feature missing again?

First it was there, then it was not a few days ago, then it was there, after I posted to Knight, and now it is not again.

You'd better not go delete your posts where you said conversation was talking back and forth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speaking of recurring patterns, Tam, why is the Delete Post in the Edit Post feature missing again?

First it was there, then it was not a few days ago, then it was there, after I posted to Knight, and now it is not again.
Might be one of those CLUB members messing with ya from behind the curtain.

glorydaz

You guys need to get your story straight...

Sometime ago, when I posted that very definition of "conversation" together with various passages showing that is exactly what "conversation" refers to, various of your little club on TOL high-fived one of your club member's error posted to me that the word refers to today's definition - of people talking to one another :chuckle:

Well, that thread had some very telling things in it. :chew:

Heir did NOT say, as you claimed, that the word "conversation" refers to today's definiton - of people talking to one another. That's an outright LIE. She used scripture, as she always does, and if you misread what was written, that's your bad. She knows GM, not just by talking to him, but by fellowship around the word of God. 1 Corinthians 1:9KJV The verses she provided were referring to being able to know the person through what they reveal from the abundance of their heart. With GM, it's clearly a love of the Gospel.

Your claim, apparently, was that in order to really know GM, we would have to look at his life. That's error. You were so anxious to find fault that you ignored the context of the verses she provided. Your motive in that tells us more about you than anything else does.

What I saw was you being your typical know-it-all self. You lose...eat crow.

glorydaz

Nope. My point was clear in my post to GD, that I had asserted the exact thing that GD had asserted it meant.

Nonsense. She wasn't even talking about this text. :nono:

Ephesians 2:2-3KJV
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.​

glorydaz

How do you know? How would these saints have access to God, apart or without the indwelling Holy Spirit?

God talked to them. Haven't you read the OT?

They didn't have the indwelling Spirit...the Comforter had not yet come.
The Holy Spirit would come and go as needed.

None of these O.T. saints were saved according to their obedience. Rather, their obedience demonstrated their faith in the covenant promises of God, proving their salvation was according to grace and the imputation of Godly righteousness, alone.

I didn't say how they were saved, did I?

So, you're saying this is a lie?

Ezekiel 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

God only knows how you define Pelagianism. Do you know and understand the history, definition, and Scriptural reasons Christians have always rejected it as heresy?

I don't worry about defining anything except the meaning of some word I find in Scripture.

I've heard of lots of things being heresy, including being saved by faith alone.

Or are you simply determined to make this the anti-Christian hill you will die on, only to stubbornly deny the absolute sovereignty of God?

I'm simply determined to fight the unholy doctrine of TULIP, and such other kinds of nonsense that have no support from Scripture. :cool:

glorydaz

There is this...

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Yep

But there is also this, some four years earlier than Pentecost...

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

That's not the Comforter that indwells and never leaves.

Just as there is this, many centuries earlier....

2 Samuel 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

But there is also this, many centuries later...

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Departing from the faith has nothing to do with the Comforter (indwelling Spirit).

Danoh

Yep

Departing from the faith has nothing to do with the Comforter (indwelling Spirit).

The point of all four quotes was the same.

That the Spirit is depicted working in some capacity throughout the Scripture.

Not how, but merely that He is.