ECT The most accurate understanding of why the need for the New Birth from above

Jerry Shugart

Eternal life comes from God, and the eternal life that we receive in this life time is the blessing of the Holy Spirit who brings us from death to life. But we are to remain in God's goodness and turn from sin for God to stay with us, God won't stay with someone who loves the flesh and world before him.

The Christian already possesses eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life "shall never perish" (Jn.10:28).

According to your ideas believing is not enough because someone can perish after he receives eternal life. Your "works" salvation denies the words of the Lord Jesus.

You obviously do not believe the gospel of salvation, the gospel of grace, because you do not even understand what being saved by grace is about.

marhig

The Christian already possesses eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life "shall never perish" (Jn.10:28).

According to your ideas believing is not enough because someone can perish after he receives eternal life. Your "works" salvation denies the words of the Lord Jesus.

You obviously do not believe the gospel of salvation, the gospel of grace, because you do not even understand what being saved by grace is about.
1 Peter 4

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that OBEY NOT the gospel of God? AND IF THE RIGHTEOUS SCARCELY BE SAVED, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Jerry Shugart

1 Peter 4

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that OBEY NOT the gospel of God? AND IF THE RIGHTEOUS SCARCELY BE SAVED, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "obey not" is "to refuse or withhold belief."

According to your bankrupt ideas Paul and those with him were in error when they answered as they did here:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

You need to flee from those who have told you that "grace" and "works" are compatible because those two things are mutually exclusive. And until you come to that knowledge you are not believing the gospel of grace which saves all those who believe it.

DAN P

. . . . is for us to understand why faith is not a gift of God for understanding Ephesians 2:8,9.

Substitution

"He hath made Him to be sin for us, … that we might be made the righteousness of God."… 2 Cor. 5:21.

The modern view of the death of Jesus is that He died for our sins out of sympathy. The New Testament view is that He bore our sin not by sympathy, but by identification. He was made to be sin. Our sins are removed because of the death of Jesus, and the explanation of His death is His obedience to His Father, not His sympathy with us. We are acceptable with God not because we have obeyed, or because we have promised to give up things, but because of the death of Christ, and in no other way. We say that Jesus Christ came to reveal the Fatherhood of God, the loving-kindness of God; the New Testament says He came to bear away the sin of the world. The revelation of His Father is to those to whom He has been introduced as Saviour: Jesus Christ never spoke of Himself to the world as one Who revealed the Father, but as a stumbling-block (see John 15:22–24 ). John 14:9 was spoken to His disciples.

That Christ died for me, therefore I go scot free, is never taught in the New Testament. What is taught in the New Testament is that “He died for all” (not—He died my death), and that by identification with His death I can be freed from sin, and have imparted to me His very righteousness. The substitution taught in the New Testament is twofold: “He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” It is not Christ for me unless I am determined to have Christ formed in me.

Oswald Chambers

Hi do you explain Gal 2:20 , where it says I am crucified along with Christ ??

How does that happen ??

Rom 6:4 says we have been PLACED into the DEATH of Christ ??

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi do you explain Gal 2:20 , where it says I am crucified along with Christ ??

How does that happen ??

Rom 6:4 says we have been PLACED into the DEATH of Christ ??

dan p

But, Romans 6:14 is infering, one must be born again for that to be made effective.