Theology Club: THE MISINTREPRETATION OF MATT 28:19 AND 20 !!

DAN P

Hi to all , and since the beginning of my learning , in Sunday School , I have been taught that the Great Commission is for today and was promoted Vigorously !!

My , conclusion is , CONTEXT and rightly-dividing !!

And I will list , why the So-called Great Commission is not for the Body of Christ !!

#1 , First the obvious , Its Context is all Jewish , Matt 28:18 !!

#2 , Of course , all those that promote , that the Great Commission is for today , skip over verse 20 , " Teaching them to OBSERVE whatsoever I ( Jesus ) have commanded you " .

#3 , That means that after Baptism , the disciples were to TEACH them all about the Law !!

#4 , Then in Acts 1:8 , Jesus , again , that after they would be witnessesin Jerusalem , all Judaea and Samaria and UNTO THE UTTERMOST part of the earth !!

#5 , The Apostles NEVER left Jerualem , Acts 8:1 and some 25 years later , Gal 2:1 , Peter is still near Jerusalem , talking to Paul , so much for being in ROME !!

#6 , NATION/ETHNOS does not always mean GENTILES !!

#7 , In John 11:48 , John writes , " and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and NATION /ETHNOS !!

NATION/ETHNOS here means the Nation of Israel , as does verse 50 .

#8 , And here is another important verse , in 52 , That God's was to GATHER in one the children of God that WERE SCATTERED ABROAD !!

Those that were scattered abroad were the Jews , scattered all though the Roman empire ,Acts 2:39 !!

There is a Near View , here , since the Nation killed there MESSIAH and the preaching of Repentance and Baptism was HALTED !!

#9 , Then God raised up SAUL/PAUL with the Dispensation of the Mystery and Grace that the Gentiles would be saved , Col 1:25 !!

When the DEPAPTURE/RAPTURE happens , and the " FULNESS OF THE GENTILES BE COME IN " ,

#10 , Then will begin the FAR VIEW , where the Gospel of Repentance and Baptism will again begin , Mark 16:15-18 !!

dan p