The Mark

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Wasn't the tribe of Dan from one of the Germanic tribes? As you may recall, Abraham's relatives were from beyond the river of Euphrates. The Vikings used that river for a trade route to Babylon.

Nope! Dan the origin of the tribe of Dan, was born to Jacob and Bilhah, while Jacob was working for his relative Laban, in the land that is the present day 'Turkey.'

Zeke

It's a pictorial/allegorical story about the crucifixion that happens within man. The skull/Golgotha/Calvary etc clues to the place it takes place seeing the kingdom is in man and comes without observation, the letter kills when taken literal as in secular history the heart is the scroll of the spirit 2Cor 3:6

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

CherubRam

Nope! Dan the origin of the tribe of Dan, was born to Jacob and Bilhah, while Jacob was working for his relative Laban, in the land that is the present day 'Turkey.'

I could be mistaken, but I think I read that Europe had a Danite tribe some where around Turkey.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
It's a pictorial/allegorical story about the crucifixion that happens within man. The skull/Golgotha/Calvary etc clues to the place it takes place seeing the kingdom is in man and comes without observation, the letter kills when taken literal as in secular history the heart is the scroll of the spirit 2Cor 3:6

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

O Lord, are you listening to the rubbish that some on this forum spew out?

Listening to them, one would think that you were not an historical figure, and that you were not really crucified, that your body did not taste death and that you were not resurrected to physical life again by our heavenly Father.

beameup

Wrong, try again. Here is a hint, Dan the giant was sterile as was Sampson one of his descendants, who himself, was only born with the help of an angel of the Lord. Dan adopted his younger sister who had been sired by Reuben the first born son of Israel who raped Bilhah the mother of Dan.
Making stuff up persuades no one, except the naïve and foolish.
The facts are contained in Holy Scripture... ever heard of it?

We see that Dan is given a portion of land in the Millennial Kingdom:
Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan. Ezekiel 48:1
ezekielland_mil.gif

CherubRam

Opposite of a single pole is the cross.

Sign of the cross.
The Byzantine sign of the cross made with the right hand.

The Byzantine sign of the cross is made with thumb and the first two fingers of the right hand joined at the tips. The third and fourth fingers are closed on the palm.

The Byzantine way of making the sign of the cross predates the Latin style used by the Roman Catholics.

The sign of the Trinity and Cross are both on the right hand, and the mark of the cross is made on the forehead with ash during Lent.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]What is the mark of the (beast / nation?)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Revelation 13:16
It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,

Revelation 13:17
so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the (name / title) of the (beast / nation) or the number of its name.
I
Revelation 14:9
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Revelation 16:2
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Yahshua and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

What is the seal of God?

Revelation 7:2
Then I saw another (angel / messenger) coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea:

Revelation 9:4
They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Only humans are given the seal of God. There is no need for the people in heaven to be sealed.[/FONT]

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Making stuff up persuades no one, except the naïve and foolish.
The facts are contained in Holy Scripture... ever heard of it?

We see that Dan is given a portion of land in the Millennial Kingdom:
Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan. Ezekiel 48:1
ezekielland_mil.gif

From the last Testament of Reuben to his children; "10 Pay no heed to the face of a woman, Nor associate with another man's wife, Nor meddle with affairs of womankind. 11 For had I not seen Bilhah bathing in a covered place, I had not fallen into this great iniquity. 12 For my mind taking in the thought of the woman's nakedness, suffered me not to sleep until I had 13 wrought the abominable thing. For while Jacob our father had gone to Isaac his father, when we were in Eder, near to Ephrath in Bethlehem, Bilhah became drunk and was asleep uncovered in her 14 chamber. Having therefore gone in and beheld her nakedness, I wrought the impiety without her 15 perceiving it, and leaving her sleeping I departed. And forthwith an angel of God revealed to my father concerning my impiety, and he came and mourned over me, and touched her no more.

From the Testament of Benjamin to his children; " 1. The record of the words of*Benjamin, which he set forth to his sons, after he had lived a hundred and twenty years. And he*kissed*them, and said: As*Isaac*was born to*Abraham*in his hundredth year, so also was I to Jacob. Now since*Rachel*died in giving me birth, I had no milk; therefore I was suckled by*Bilhah*her handmaid.

Wasn't Benjamin lucky to have Bilhah, who had been barren for some 14 years, lactating at the time of his birth.

Dan was actually the 5th born son of Jacob, but because the 6 sons born to Leah, the only true wife to Jacob, had to receive the first six blessing from their father, Dan received the 7th blessing, he also received the 7th allotment of Land in Canaan. But Dan was unable to remove the original inhabitants of the coastal region, and they were forced to live in the hill country with their brother tribe Benjamin.

[Abi, means 'Jah is Father'] Actually, Abitub, through who the tribe of Dan is counted, was one of the two sons born to Hushim, the adopted daughter of Dan, and they were sired by Shaharaim, a man from the tribe of Benjamin. So in fact Dan and Benjamin are brother tribes.

After the tribe of Benjamin was destroyed, by the other tribes, See Judges 20: 48; and the land of Benjamin was later divided up, the 600 surviving Danites, who fought with Benjamin against the other tribes, and who were given 400 virgin wives from the daughters of Dinah, and two hundred more virgins who were dancing at the festival in Shiloh, then took their wives, children and all their belongings, and after coercing Jonathan the grandson of Moses to go with them and be their priest, and stealing the silver Idol of Micah, which I believe was an Eagle, they travelled north into the land of Sidon and slaughtered all the peaceful inhabitants in the town of Laish, then renamed it 'DAN.'

Later they moved to the coast burning those villages and stealing their ships, then in the ships of Dan, they became seafaring merchants.

From the Testament of Dan 7: "Nevertheless, as*Dan*had prophesied*unto them that they should forget the*law*of their*God, and should be alienated from the land of their inheritance, and from the race of*Israel, and from their*kindred, so also it came to pass.

CherubRam

From the Testament of Dan 7: "Nevertheless, as*Dan*had prophesied*unto them that they should forget the*law*of their*God, and should be alienated from the land of their inheritance, and from the race of*Israel, and from their*kindred, so also it came to pass.
Very good, but it is off topic.

beameup

Wrong, try again. Here is a hint, Dan the giant was sterile as was Sampson one of his descendants, who himself, was only born with the help of an angel of the Lord. Dan adopted his younger sister who had been sired by Reuben the first born son of Israel who raped Bilhah the mother of Dan.
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth,
and shall be turned unto fables.
- 2 Tim 4:4