ECT The Mark, The Number and the Name

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
As is the notion that someone is a "futurist". An ostrich with its head in the ground runs the very real risk of being smacked in the rear by a truck.

I didn't say you were a Futurist. I called attention to "we'll see" as a Futurist presupposition. I well know you don't really take a structured position on eschatology. But most have Futurist leanings that come out in various ways at times.

fzappa13

I didn't say you were a Futurist. I called attention to "we'll see" as a Futurist presupposition. I well know you don't really take a structured position on eschatology. But most have Futurist leanings that come out in various ways at times.

... and my point was, the very notion of a "futurist" presupposes, to varying degrees, that someone is inclined to believe most if not all of biblical prophecy has been fulfilled. This precludes any inclination to look around for the possibility of a future fulfillment ... and then there is the notion (to which I personally subscribe) that all holy days are prophetic and have a threefold fulfillment.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
... and my point was, the very notion of a "futurist" presupposes, to varying degrees, that someone is inclined to believe most if not all of biblical prophecy has been fulfilled. This precludes any inclination to look around for the possibility of a future fulfillment ... and then there is the notion (to which I personally subscribe) that all holy days are prophetic and have a threefold fulfillment.

Futurists believe much prophecy is yet to be fulfilled in the future.

Interesting last sentence.

Interplanner

Why threefold?

fzappa13

Why threefold?

That's just the way it seems to be working out. Now, I know my bud PPS would point out that this notion is indicative of a futurist supposition but if you will take the time to graph out the Biblicly and prophetically significant events contained in the Bible you'll find they keep falling on the same days and their duration is of similar time periods.

I offered the Passover as one case in point in that, hopefully, even the dimmest of bulbs can discern that the Lamb without spot was sacrificed exactly when He should have been. Want to know when those that are gathered to Jesus happens? First fruits. The list goes on. God has told us what He is going to do and when He will do it if we but have ears to hear.

Yes, Yes, I know, "no man know the hour or the day" but you were also told that day would not come upon you unawares ... that is if you read your Bible.

fzappa13

Before leaving the subject of the Passover, remember the first occurrence? Guess whom the angel of death passed over and why.

There is another such sealing spoken of in Revelation. Care to hazard a guess when it will happen?

That would make a threefold fulfillment of that prophetic ordinance if it happens. If I were a betting man I would bet it does.

Interplanner

Before leaving the subject of the Passover, remember the first occurrence? Guess whom the angel of death passed over and why.

There is another such sealing spoken of in Revelation. Care to hazard a guess when it will happen?

That would make a threefold fulfillment of that prophetic ordinance if it happens. If I were a betting man I would bet it does.

Well try this question: the ancient and first century destructions of Jerusalem occurred or climaxed in the same week of the year in our August. If Christ said the 1st century destruction fulfilled all the judgement that was written about it, why would he do it a third time? If he doesn't do that a third a whole slough of other things fall apart as "prophecy" in the sense you are using it, which I don't accept.

fzappa13

Well try this question: the ancient and first century destructions of Jerusalem occurred or climaxed in the same week of the year in our August.

Okay, and that's got what to do with the Passover?

If Christ said the 1st century destruction fulfilled all the judgement that was written about it, why would he do it a third time?

I seem to have forgotten that verse. Perhaps you could refresh my memory.

If he doesn't do that a third a whole slough of other things fall apart as "prophecy" in the sense you are using it, which I don't accept.

Yep.

Interplanner

Luke 21.

Don't make too many generalizations about the bible when you don't even know where Christ said that the destruction of Jerusalem in his generation was the 'time of wrath in fulfillment of all that is written'. We must make maximum use of the Bible's/Christ's own self-organizing statements.

fzappa13

Luke 21.

Don't make too many generalizations about the bible when you don't even know where Christ said that the destruction of Jerusalem in his generation was the 'time of wrath in fulfillment of all that is written'. We must make maximum use of the Bible's/Christ's own self-organizing statements.

Got yourself a couple of verses picked out and now you think you've got the whole thing worked out. You are in waaaaaaaaaaay over your head. You haven't even got one side of the Rubik's cube the same color yet.

fzappa13

Anyway, where were we? Ah, yes ... the biometric identifier.

“I’m not sure I’m the millionth, but we’re close. I’m issuing one for myself since I don’t have one yet. It’s the right and safe thing to do – there is nothing to worry about. There is nothing more secure than this database. People can remain calm, I can say with certainty – we have a secure database. Everything we do is for the benefit of our citizens,” he declared.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.728256

ThreeAngels

Three different things by which commerce will be controlled by the Beast.

The Mark:

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0002859676

http://www.biometricupdate.com/201210/anz-to-examine-use-of-biometrics-for-everyday-banking

The Number:

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v69n2/v69n2p55.html

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askc...g-account-without-social-security-number.html

I haven't figured out what the name is yet. Though I know Zeke thinks it's our signature I think that too easy to fake to fit the bill as a positive personal identifier.
The mark of the beast is Sunday keeping. The Pope is the beast. The mark of the Pope's authority over God is his change of God's Sabbath to Sunday. When Sunday keeping is enforced by national law, the crisis of the mark of the beast will have come. Anyone profaning the day of the sun will then be forbidden from buying and selling.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The mark of the beast is Sunday keeping. The Pope is the beast. The mark of the Pope's authority over God is his change of God's Sabbath to Sunday. When Sunday keeping is enforced by national law, the crisis of the mark of the beast will have come. Anyone profaning the day of the sun will then be forbidden from buying and selling.

SDA myopia.