Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the subject at hand..............

the subject at hand..............

The Bible NEVER discussed the "Urantia Book!" If you believe it
did, give us the chapter and verses? And, remember, the verses
and chapters MUST mention the Urantia book, by title!

If you'd like to re-read the commentary on the Spirit of truth, it might do you good, since that is what the subject is about. If you have any points or criticisms to make on the text, you're welcome to comment.

Your assumption above is most absurd,...since the Bible does not need to mention a religious text by name coming out several centuries after its own writing, since these people had no knowledge at the time of such a thing. They got their knowledge/revelation during their times, and progressive revelatioin allows for new insights and revelations coming later, as man is able/capable and ready to receive them. - enter: dispensational revelations, in this case a new epochal revelation.

Its so silly and ignorant really to assume that the Bible has to mention the very name 'Urantia' for the Urantia Papers to be accepted. Again, a religious writing or any commentary on anything is to be taken upon the merit of its own content, but you are not considering or learning the actual content discussed in the papers, but creating a straw-man image to attack and belittle at every turn.

pj

Aimiel

Nobody, I mean nobody can be, "Enlightened" by the Urantia Book!
It's considered a work of fiction (not to you and Caino) on this and
any other Christian based forum! So, besides yourself, Caino, and
perhaps, Zeke(he's a strange one, for sure) the Urantia book is
not inspired of God, and therefore, of no importance to any "true
believer" in the written word of God! (the Bible)

See, YOU consider the UB to be of GREAT importance, but why
should we? Have you read the Book of Mormon? Probably not!
Why? Because, you're not interested in the Mormon faith! Have
you read, "Dianitics" by L. Ron Hubbard? If not, you probably don't
consider it to be pertinent?

Just because you and Caino attach importance to the UB doesn't
mean the rest of the world are inclined to do so! A Christian only
needs to read a very small portion of the UB, to know it didn't come
from God! How? discernment! The UB adds to the Bible! There's
only one written word of God to we Christians! Whether or not
you think it's logical doesn't make any difference!
Excellent post!!! :thumb:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paul is gay, in case you didn't know.

Whether I'm gay, bi, trans or queer, bears little on the discussion or subject-matter. We're all God's children. Saying 'dearie' was a tactical nuance of language, whether it sounded gay or not.

If he wants to discuss, spiritual discernment by the Spirit of truth, the papers expound plenty about that, hence sharing some passages about it.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Whether I'm gay, bi, trans or queer, bears little on the discussion or subject-matter. We're all God's children. Saying 'dearie' was a tactical nuance of language, whether it sounded gay or not.

If he wants to discuss, spiritual discernment by the Spirit of truth, the papers expound plenty about that, hence sharing some passages about it.

pj

Well, if you are truly a homosexual, you have a, "sinful lifestyle
situation" going on in your life! However, you don't claim to be
a Christian so, being involved with a sinful lifestyle probably
doesn't bother you! What does your Urantia book say about
homosexuality? The Bible says, it's an abomination!

Letsargue

Paul is gay, in case you didn't know.

I AM not Gay!!!!!!!!!! -- Or Anything!!!!

I have NOT - Touched ANYONE - in a sexual manner in over 25 years!! -- ((( Not EVEN THE WIFE OF MY OWN FLESH )))!! -- Now what are all your desires, or "WEAKNESSES"???????

Paul, David -- 082814

Letsargue

pj

(( ALL SINS are the Same to God, "BUT", Lying IS The Number SIN of ALL sin.

Paul, David -- 082814

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I AM not Gay!!!!!!!!!! -- Or Anything!!!!

I have NOT - Touched ANYONE - in a sexual manner in over 25 years!! -- ((( Not EVEN THE WIFE OF MY OWN FLESH )))!! -- Now what are all your desires, or "WEAKNESSES"???????

Paul, David -- 082814

He wasn't talking about you! Pay attention!

Letsargue

He wasn't talking about you! Pay attention!

AND YOU Nosey stack of a Cursed NESCIENCE Garbage, (((( Stay Out of MY Business, and Away from ME ))))!!!!!!!!

It's NONE Of You're Cursed Business!!!!! - You cursed (( Snooper and "STALKER" of ME!!!!! ))!!!! -- You Cursed ~spiritual son of a unmarred female harlot!!!!

There IS nothing of Me that IS ANY OF YOU'RE CURSED BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, David -- 082814

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Addressing points.................

Addressing points.................

Well, if you are truly a homosexual, you have a, "sinful lifestyle
situation" going on in your life!

Homosexuality and even the subject of 'gender' itself as it exists in the psyche of man is a more complex subject, and being 'homosexual' or even 'trans-gendered' does NOT equate to 'living a sinful lifestyle', since one's psychology is innate (a human condition), and the matter of 'sin', how its 'defined' and expressed is another matter. Heaven knows there have been enough threads on homosexuality here, - I have a portal-page on this subject, see here.

Also See:

The Queen James Bible thread

God's all inclusive love

However, you don't claim to be
a Christian so, being involved with a sinful lifestyle probably
doesn't bother you!

I don't need to claim being a 'christian' (as define by some) to have Christ-like values or principles, and aspire to live as Jesus lived (holding the ideals of the religion of Jesus as my own). He came to be our example, way-shower, 'revelation' of God...the proclaimer of his kingdom. The notion of a 'sinful lifestyle' is likewise dismissed with the assumptions that come with any 'bias' behind typically associated with traditional-orthodox forms of Christainity. Got lots of 'assumptions' and 'preconceptions' to sort thru and re-evaluate there, besides seeing what the Bible really says or does NOT say about 'homosexuality' as we know and define it in this modern age (links above go over this).

What does your Urantia book say about
homosexuality?

The papers belong to humanity, like any other religious document given for the benefit of all. It can be accepted or rejected at any point in time. The word 'homosexuality' is not found in the papers, neither is it in the Bible, and in general holds the familial relationship and parenting of a biological 'father' and 'mother' as the most ideal arrangement for rearing children, as 'families' are the foundation of society.

See:

Homosexuality

Does God approve of homosexuality?

The Bible says, it's an abomination!

The links above should 'treat' that assumption. I'd do some more research before going into 'witch-hunt' or 'posse' mode, since biblical verses regarding 'homosexuality' are to be 'interpreted' within the context of modern-day knowledge of the subject, since the 'cultural-context' of those times differed, and knowledge of conditions were also more limited.

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Sanity bytes......

Sanity bytes......

AND YOU Nosey stack of a Cursed NESCIENCE Garbage, (((( Stay Out of MY Business, and Away from ME ))))!!!!!!!!

It's NONE Of You're Cursed Business!!!!! - You cursed (( Snooper and "STALKER" of ME!!!!! ))!!!! -- You Cursed ~spiritual son of a unmarred female harlot!!!!

There IS nothing of Me that IS ANY OF YOU'RE CURSED BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, David -- 082814

Please deal with anger or insanity issues off the forum, before you post, as anything 'negative' you put out only comes back to adversly affect yourself, as well as others being subject to your posts. We either raise the vibrations of the world, or depress and discourage the souls around us. Consider the power of the written and spoken word. We are judged by our words.

My name is Paul too, if you didn't know, - so the claim that I'm gay was being made towards me, NOT you. Since I transcend labels or denominations, but can play with any I so choose, 'terms' have no affect-ion for me, unless I invest some emotional energy into them, or identify with them in some way. I am not the body, nor the mind, nor any concept/label or name,....for I simply 'AM'. (pure awareness itself). - all else is an ad-venture of words.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
why do Christians here always want to turn every thread into a gay discussion?

seems like a Freudian slip to me.

ALWAYS is a mighty big word! Have you kept track of ALL the
posts on this site? Perhaps, you tend to exaggerate a bit, Huh?
Yeah, I'll bet that's it! Jeremy is exaggerating! Could it be that
you exaggerate your importance on this forum, as well? I'll wager
you do?

jeremysdemo

ALWAYS is a mighty big word! Have you kept track of ALL the
posts on this site? Perhaps, you tend to exaggerate a bit, Huh?
Yeah, I'll bet that's it! Jeremy is exaggerating! Could it be that
you exaggerate your importance on this forum, as well? I'll wager
you do?

well no I haven't read them all...but the few I do post in would be the qualifier for the always.

I don't know what gave you the idea I hold myself in high regard or importance on this forum.

If it helps you at all think of me as lowly as I am. :cloud9:

jeremysdemo

Just out of curiosity, how come you call guys; "Dearie?" That's unusual?

no stranger than the Holy Kiss Jesus gave his disciples, and Peter taught his as well, 1 Peter 5:14.

do you not love others and speak of them fondly just because they are of the same gender?

you sound a bit twisted, and not at all like Jesus and his followers to ask such a silly question or live in fear of what others think of you.

Zeke

Oh how quickly we forget the sludge from whence we came....

Did I degrade you while you were yet blind Zeke?

you should be shining the light on the path brother, helping the lame to walk, etc,

somehow I doubt calling GM names is going to do that, ya catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....:cool:

it may go down sweet, but it will turn bitter in the belly, ya dig?

That's funny Jerm, you may be blind as well so don't saddle that tall horse with me again because you are not my guru then or now! so I will swap ego with the fly if I feel like it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
no stranger than the Holy Kiss Jesus gave his disciples, and Peter taught his as well, 1 Peter 5:14.

do you not love others and speak of them fondly just because they are of the same gender?

you sound a bit twisted, and not at all like Jesus and his followers to ask such a silly question or live in fear of what others think of you.

Well, I don't call guys sweetie, sweetheart, darling, honey! Why,
because I'd sound like some sort of "SWEETIE" myself! If you
get my drift? Now, if you think it's perfectly acceptable to use
those terms when speaking to guys, have at it! I choose not
to do that! It's socially unacceptable! And, I don't wish to be
thought of as a, "Fancy boy!" But, then again, that's just me!

Status
Not open for further replies.