The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I've always posed that the story is as imperfect as one would expect if it were true. First century, common Jewish fishermen, leaving their religion to follow a carpenter, friends with prostitutes and criminals, painting themselves often as dim, self centered, in opposition to the highest expectations of the Jewish ego, anti-hero's, doubtful, all capped off with hiding from conflict while the women were the first to discover and believe in the resurrection. These fishermen so committed to the rejected fraud that they went to their graves leaving their families in ridicule! If the Jesus story was a constructed fraud nothing seems consistent with any other fraud of men that we've come to be familiar with.

Charity

The Jerusalem bible: revelation 22:16 I Jesus sent his angel to make these revelations to you FOR the sake of the churches - oo that's us, the very important thing that Jesus didn't come to say himself was -
I AM OF DAVID'S LINE, the root of David, an the bright star of the morning.

I love that bright morning star too, so amazing, a planet we now know, visible by night, A planet like ours from a different view, most glorious at dawn is David's star, can be seen all from-way down under!

Charity

This is an example of what bible worship does to people, they are left in the insecure and highly defensive position of having to defend things written by the people who rejected the gospel of Jesus and killed him.

The scary part is the people that excepted jesus an befriended him got killed an the ones that destroyed jesus also killed the jews, an then they killed the Irish for being faithless pagans an not believing what they demanded about Jesus, his virgin Mother Mary having Gods Baby, an the Baby was God.

The Sad part is, we evolved from small children merely seeing with the eye's an hearing with the ears the parent That twas force convinced to confess Jesus was beaten up, spat on an killed for us, an the painting on wall is Jesus, who is, but really God. the Brain is then tied in a knot by the a-parents faith an number within church walls

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The scary part is the people that excepted jesus an befriended him got killed an the ones that destroyed jesus also killed the jews, an then they killed the Irish for being faithless pagans an not believing what they demanded about Jesus, his virgin Mother Mary having Gods Baby, an the Baby was God.

The Sad part is, we evolved from small children merely seeing with the eye's an hearing with the ears the parent That twas force convinced to confess Jesus was beaten up, spat on an killed for us, an the painting on wall is Jesus, who is, but really God. the Brain is then tied in a knot by the a-parents faith an number within church walls

The gospel that Jesus preached to the Jews and the personal religion that Jesus lived by, changed after they killed him.

The new gospel became that they killed him as a sacrifice.

* The original gospel that men and women are sons and daughters of God, already loved, already forgiven, with no need to earn love, no need to pay an erroneous sin debt inherited somehow from something Adam and Eve did....that gospel was lost, it was to simple for man to realize and accept in that age. A new gospel was written overtop of it quite innocently.

* So, the cross became the new message, that was something that man COULD understand especially since the Pagan Rome already had that idea in their religion. A marriage of religions occurred.

Charity

The gospel that Jesus preached to the Jews and the personal religion that Jesus lived by, changed after they killed him.

The new gospel became that they killed him as a sacrifice.

* The original gospel that men and women are sons and daughters of God, already loved, already forgiven, with no need to earn love, no need to pay an erroneous sin debt inherited somehow from something Adam and Eve did....that gospel was lost, it was to simple for man to realize and accept in that age. A new gospel was written overtop of it quite innocently.

* So, the cross became the new message, that was something that man COULD understand especially since the Pagan Rome already had that idea in their religion. A marriage of religions occurred.

:) Wether eye am wrong or write, It shows me on my pea sea, It shows me strait a weigh, If I make a miss steak, perhaps Its because I could knot sea - irish humor

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:) Wether eye am wrong or write, It shows me on my pea sea, It shows me strait a weigh, If I make a miss steak, perhaps Its because I could knot sea - irish humor

:p well, I was right, there was a "crabby creek" but no exit.........he he he

Last edited:

Aimiel

How could it, when Jesus knew exactly how and when He was going to die? He came to earth to do so. You, Freelight and anyone pushing this false gospel of the UB may be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How could it, when Jesus knew exactly how and when He was going to die? He came to earth to do so. You, Freelight and anyone pushing this false gospel of the UB may be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

....simple to understand, the followers of Jesus did NOT remain true to his original gospel.

What is absurd is the idea that Jesus preached "kill me for your sins" while simultaneously condemning the Jews for rejecting him. Christians claim that God came to be killed so God could forgive.

The NT books were written after the new gospel was being taught, that's why there are 2 different teachings mixed together.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia Book

Paper 195

After Pentecost

(2069.1) 195:0.1 THE results of Peter’s preaching on the day of Pentecost were such as to decide the future policies, and to determine the plans, of the majority of the apostles in their efforts to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom. Peter was the real founder of the Christian church; Paul carried the Christian message to the gentiles, and the Greek believers carried it to the whole Roman Empire.

(2069.2) 195:0.2 Although the tradition-bound and priest-ridden Hebrews, as a people, refused to accept either Jesus’ gospel of the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man or Peter’s and Paul’s proclamation of the resurrection and ascension of Christ (subsequent Christianity), the rest of the Roman Empire was found to be receptive to the evolving Christian teachings. Western civilization was at this time intellectual, war weary, and thoroughly skeptical of all existing religions and universe philosophies. The peoples of the Western world, the beneficiaries of Greek culture, had a revered tradition of a great past. They could contemplate the inheritance of great accomplishments in philosophy, art, literature, and political progress. But with all these achievements they had no soul-satisfying religion. Their spiritual longings remained unsatisfied.

(2069.3) 195:0.3 Upon such a stage of human society the teachings of Jesus, embraced in the Christian message, were suddenly thrust. A new order of living was thus presented to the hungry hearts of these Western peoples. This situation meant immediate conflict between the older religious practices and the new Christianized version of Jesus’ message to the world. Such a conflict must result in either decided victory for the new or for the old or in some degree of compromise. History shows that the struggle ended in compromise. Christianity presumed to embrace too much for any one people to assimilate in one or two generations. It was not a simple spiritual appeal, such as Jesus had presented to the souls of men; it early struck a decided attitude on religious rituals, education, magic, medicine, art, literature, law, government, morals, sex regulation, polygamy, and, in limited degree, even slavery. Christianity came not merely as a new religion — something all the Roman Empire and all the Orient were waiting for — but as a new order of human society. And as such a pretension it quickly precipitated the social-moral clash of the ages. The ideals of Jesus, as they were reinterpreted by Greek philosophy and socialized in Christianity, now boldly challenged the traditions of the human race embodied in the ethics, morality, and religions of Western civilization........UB 1955
http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-195-after-pentecost?term=Christian%20church#search-jump-result-0

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Urantia Book

Paper 195

After Pentecost

(2069.1) 195:0.1 THE results of Peter’s preaching on the day of Pentecost were such as to decide the future policies, and to determine the plans, of the majority of the apostles in their efforts to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom. Peter was the real founder of the Christian church; Paul carried the Christian message to the gentiles, and the Greek believers carried it to the whole Roman Empire.

(2069.2) 195:0.2 Although the tradition-bound and priest-ridden Hebrews, as a people, refused to accept either Jesus’ gospel of the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man or Peter’s and Paul’s proclamation of the resurrection and ascension of Christ (subsequent Christianity), the rest of the Roman Empire was found to be receptive to the evolving Christian teachings. Western civilization was at this time intellectual, war weary, and thoroughly skeptical of all existing religions and universe philosophies. The peoples of the Western world, the beneficiaries of Greek culture, had a revered tradition of a great past. They could contemplate the inheritance of great accomplishments in philosophy, art, literature, and political progress. But with all these achievements they had no soul-satisfying religion. Their spiritual longings remained unsatisfied.

(2069.3) 195:0.3 Upon such a stage of human society the teachings of Jesus, embraced in the Christian message, were suddenly thrust. A new order of living was thus presented to the hungry hearts of these Western peoples. This situation meant immediate conflict between the older religious practices and the new Christianized version of Jesus’ message to the world. Such a conflict must result in either decided victory for the new or for the old or in some degree of compromise. History shows that the struggle ended in compromise. Christianity presumed to embrace too much for any one people to assimilate in one or two generations. It was not a simple spiritual appeal, such as Jesus had presented to the souls of men; it early struck a decided attitude on religious rituals, education, magic, medicine, art, literature, law, government, morals, sex regulation, polygamy, and, in limited degree, even slavery. Christianity came not merely as a new religion — something all the Roman Empire and all the Orient were waiting for — but as a new order of human society. And as such a pretension it quickly precipitated the social-moral clash of the ages. The ideals of Jesus, as they were reinterpreted by Greek philosophy and socialized in Christianity, now boldly challenged the traditions of the human race embodied in the ethics, morality, and religions of Western civilization........UB 1955
http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-195-after-pentecost?term=Christian%20church#search-jump-result-0

More "garbage" to throw on the heap!

Charity

He came to earth to do so. You, Freelight and anyone pushing this false gospel of the UB may be accursed.

Any other gospel depends on who's walls your roots are counted in.
He was taken as Lamb an preached to the slaughter, cut off from the living, an he new not that the planed evil against him.
dose not agree with....

an you said.
.... Jesus knew exactly how and when He was going to die? He came to earth to do so.

So why not agree that the words have done MIRACLES talking for jesus, thoughtfully covering a numbered of beliefs. a fine attempt to bring together the nations under one catholic apostolic church with many branches that draw life from the same root.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Occultists/cultists think they have a modicum of truth but, when push comes to shove,
they find out quickly, they don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the truth!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh you scientific spirt you, an such a noble adjustment right after God
separated the figments of heaven an earth!
You get back to spitting in the mud an smearing it on everyone's eyes! :)

Forget the mud! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.