The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

journey

The story of Adam and Eve in the Hebrew narratives never made much sense to me, but the UB does validate that their was such a pair. This revelation explains where they came from, how and why they are created, what their function is on an evolving world, when and why they arrived in earth when they did, what hapened, what the disastrous effect was and where they are now.

But first, what is an Adam and an Eve who arrived in our previously populated world.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-51-planetary-adams

The ub doesn't validate anything because it isn't a standard for truth. God's Word is the Holy Bible, and the Holy Bible tells the TRUTH about Adam and Eve. Reminder - the ub is FICTION.

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The ub doesn't validate anything because it isn't a standard for truth. God's Word is the Holy Bible, and the Holy Bible tells the TRUTH about Adam and Eve. Reminder - the ub is FICTION.

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When Genesis was written they lived in a very different age, they had heard the older stories of those ancient times that had been carried by oral traditions.

The fall of Lucifer and his assistant Satan happened nearly 200,000 years ago. Adam and Eve arrived 39,000 years ago. So the old stories changed a bit before the Hebrew priest wrote Geneses in 600 BC. They didn't know about evolution and the age of the earth.

journey

When Genesis was written they lived in a very different age, they had heard the older stories of those ancient times that had been carried by oral traditions.

The fall of Lucifer and his assistant Satan happened nearly 200,000 years ago. Adam and Eve arrived 39,000 years ago. So the old stories changed a bit before the Hebrew priest wrote Geneses in 600 BC. They didn't know about evolution and the age of the earth.

So says the ub fiction I assume. I don't buy the theory of evolution either. Adam and Eve were created by God according to the Genesis account of Creation, and it wasn't 39,000 years ago.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So says the ub fiction I assume. I don't buy the theory of evolution either. Adam and Eve were created by God according to the Genesis account of Creation, and it wasn't 39,000 years ago.

You have faith and that's what is important. :thumb:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Creation includes an unfolding process of evolving life-forms.....

Creation includes an unfolding process of evolving life-forms.....

I don't buy the theory of evolution either.

The UB is primarily a cosmological revelation of 'theistic evolution' of the cosmos, and all souls in space and time who are progressing towards spiritual perfection and re-union with the Universal Father. These are most high and profound concepts, built on the logic of eternal progression, progressive revelation and the innate laws of life itself, which are 'evolutional' (creatively adaptive and potentialized) in nature.

All life in the realms of space-time creation is 'evolving'. Such is the intimate and synergestic relationship between 'creation' and 'evolution'. For more of my commentary on this go here.

Adam and Eve were created by God according to the Genesis account of Creation, and it wasn't 39,000 years ago.

Well, frankly nobody knows. Are there dates listed in the Bible, let alone any technical data that would indicate precise dating markers of any of the events listed, beyond human historical assumptions and other speculations? An old earth and universe has more scientific evidence on many levels than any supposed evidence of a 'young earth', and the UB supports a much older date for Urantia's existence than just 6 - 12,000 years old.

As to specifics to what the UB indicates on the creation of the cosmos and our planet,...those statistics can be researched on their own soundness, probability and logic, referencing all within a greater cosmological-context. Its just info.....one can accept it or not, or merely consider if it could be accurate or even near-accurate. One has to look at the info. objectively with an open mind, and explore such to see if the 'data' is probable/possible/logical/rational, etc.

On any subject, be a good 'student' or 'scientist'....look at the data, weight it, consider, test it out...subjectively/objectively.

Don't forget,.....you may not buy 'evolution' however you are defining it,....but look at creation. Consider the dynamic of creation itself. The seeds of evolution are innate in the very womb of creation! Life in the broader sense is undergoing a wondrous display of cosmic evolution. I find that to be pretty AWESOME.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The UB is primarily a cosmological revelation of 'theistic evolution' of the cosmos, and all souls in space and time who are progressing towards spiritual perfection and re-union with the Universal Father. These are most high and profound concepts, built on the logic of eternal progression, progressive revelation and the innate laws of life itself, which are 'evolutional' (creatively adaptive and potentialized) in nature.

All life in the realms of space-time creation is 'evolving'. Such is the intimate and synergestic relationship between 'creation' and 'evolution'. For more of my commentary on this go here.

Well, frankly nobody knows. Are there dates listed in the Bible, let alone any technical data that would indicate precise dating markers of any of the events listed, beyond human historical assumptions and other speculations? An old earth and universe has more scientific evidence on many levels than any supposed evidence of a 'young earth', and the UB supports a much older date for Urantia's existence than just 6 - 12,000 years old.

As to specifics to what the UB indicates on the creation of the cosmos and our planet,...those statistics can be researched on their own soundness, probability and logic, referencing all within a greater cosmological-context. Its just info.....one can accept it or not, or merely consider if it could be accurate or even near-accurate. One has to look at the info. objectively with an open mind, and explore such to see if the 'data' is probable/possible/logical/rational, etc.

On any subject, be a good 'student' or 'scientist'....look at the data, weight it, consider, test it out...subjectively/objectively.

Don't forget,.....you may not buy 'evolution' however you are defining it,....but look at creation. Consider the dynamic of creation itself. The seeds of evolution are innate in the very womb of creation! Life in the broader sense is undergoing a wondrous display of cosmic evolution. I find that to be pretty AWESOME.

pj

You being a, UFO kind of guy, how can anybody take you seriously?
I mean, come on?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Their are about a million of us around the world that have heard of the UB. The suggestion of the revelators was for slow growth, good roots. Christianity started out slow.

Ever watch Star Trek? Gene Rodenberry was a life long UBer and got ideas for the series from the UB.

The Urantia revelation began around 1911 by way of a man in Chicago that came in contact with Dr. Saddler and his wife Dr.Lena Saddler. The celestials used this man while he was in a sleeping state to communicate with the Saddlers and a commission put together to take notation and ask questions. The name of the sleeping subject was kept secret and will never be known.

The celestial authors of each paper are listed in the index as well as in each paper.

Did somebody else get the idea for "Bozo the Clown" from the Urantia Book too?

WizardofOz

I see Grosnick is in full troll mode. It's a sad state of affairs on TOL when the 'top poster' is one of the bigger trolls on the forum. 6 trolls posts all in a row that are nothing but personal attacks.

Pathetic :down:

Grosnick...:idea: get a life! Stop stalking. Just a thought...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I see Grosnick is in full troll mode. It's a sad state of affairs on TOL when the 'top poster' is one of the bigger trolls on the forum. 6 trolls posts all in a row that are nothing but personal attacks.

Pathetic :down:

Grosnick...:idea: get a life! Stop stalking. Just a thought...

Hey, mind my own business!

Status
Not open for further replies.