The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandycane

I rest my case.

Oh yeah, that. I did say that.
It was said in jest.
It ain't gonna happen.

... but, believe what you will, you are still wrong about me being some kind of alter ego for Freelight.
I don't even know who's on which side of the fence here yet. Christians bickering with the UBers, Christians bickering with other Christians. Nothing has changed except the names.
:devil:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It was said in jest.
It ain't gonna happen.

... but, believe what you will, you are still wrong about me being some kind of alter ego for Freelight.
I don't even know who's on which side of the fence here yet. Christians bickering with the UBers, Christians bickering with other Christians. Nothing has changed except the names.
:devil:

You need to know Christian forum is spiritual war zone.

And we will be judged according to what we spread.

it is very serious thing.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes, what you did was slander. You just don't remember.

I'll take that as a no.

Are you pro-military?

11 And I saw heaven opened , and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war .

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written , that no man knew , but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written , KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I am guessing you are, because many Christians get offended by my anti-military threads.

Those folks may get offended, I dont know, did you ask them if they were offended?

Or did you assume they were because they told you truth that you dont believe?

I know TOL is a harsh environment at times, but tough love can be misconstrued as anger.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'll take that as a no.

11 And I saw heaven opened , and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war .

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written , that no man knew , but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written , KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

How do you read them? Do you think Jesus approve of His followers join the military and kill their enemy?

Those folks may get offended, I dont know, did you ask them if they were offended?

Oh, come on, don't pretend to be naïve. It is obvious by their vicious comments.

Or did you assume they were because they told you truth that you dont believe.

Read the above. Do you really think most members here showing love and respect of their opponents?

I know TOL is a harsh environment at times, but tough love can be misconstrued as anger.

Read the above.

blessings.

Sandycane

You need to know Christian forum is spiritual war zone.

And we will be judged according to what we spread.

it is very serious thing.

Trust me, I've logged in many, many hours on Christian forums... i know exactly what they are all about.

It's a shame some folks need to be threatened with eternal damnation in order to behave like decent human beings... not you, specifically, just some folks.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's a shame some folks need to be threatened with eternal damnation in order to behave like decent human beings... not you, specifically, just some folks.

It is mainstreamers, trinity believers, who believe in hideous and cruel God.

I am Jesus' follower and I don't believe in such god. The Bible says God is love and Jesus says the same. I believe God is love.

And of course they call me unsaved and non-believer too because I don't agree with their doctrines..

If Jesus does not teach God is love, I will not be His follower.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
How do you read them? Do you think Jesus approve of His followers join the military and kill their enemy?

blessings.

I believe this is something between each individual believer and God.

Each man must be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Some believe you can eat anything some dont.

Some believe you can drink, some dont.

Each has their own praise of God in themselves.

When anyone tries to beguile somebody else of their reward they may get bit.

We cannot judge God's servants, for it is God who is able to make us stand.

We cannot impose what God has laid on our heart as law for everyone else.

This is not a contest.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I believe this is something between each individual believer and God.

Each man must be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Some believe you can eat anything some dont.

Some believe you can drink, some dont.

Each has their own praise of God in themselves.

When anyone tries to beguile somebody else of their reward they may get bit.

We cannot judge God's servants, for it is God who is able to make us stand.

We cannot impose what God has laid on our heart as law for everyone else.

This is not a contest.

Jesus followers have responsibility to protect Jesus' teachings. Pro-military churches are disgracing Jesus' name as hypocrite.

Jesus clearly says to love your enemy. Pro-military churches are dishonoring His command.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus followers have responsibility to protect Jesus' teachings. Pro-military churches are disgracing Jesus' name as hypocrite.

Jesus clearly says to love your enemy. Pro-military churches are dishonoring His command.

What do you mean by pro- millitary?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
civil discussion...............

civil discussion...............

It was said in jest.
It ain't gonna happen.

1Mind1Spirit has a way of misconstruing things. If you read this thread, you'll see who the nay-sayers are. I don't think he was referring to you as an alter-ego of me, but added a separate address at the end, just to belittle me.

Well,...a 'battle' only exists to those who 'assume' there is an 'enemy' of some kind to resist or expose. I've addressed this 'mentality' before, which some of the fundies here indulge themselves in (demonizing 'this' or 'that'), since anyone assuming they are 'right' (a posture of 'orthodoxy') must by their 'position' set up a system of 'apologetics' to defend their dogma, creed or religious belief-system,...when such is unnecessary to a more liberal religionist, who values intellectual freedom and diversity within the religious-spectrum.

If you read thru the thread here, you'll see who the antagonists and disrupters are. With the UB being so diverse and all-inclusive, covering religion, philosophy, metaphysics, science, history (even if we exclude the Jesus Papers in Part 4)...there's plenty to discuss and explore, without anyone having to be rude or condenscending.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
popsicles......

popsicles......

Caino, you're mixing Scripture with Urantia trash! Why don't you
delete the urantia garbage from the Scripture?

Whats wrong with a paraphrased version of something?

Can you prove the canonized gospels have all the words of Jesus ever spoke?

Can you prove there can be no more additional revelation of truth given to mankind since the canonization of the NT?

:p

pj

God's Truth

Can you prove there can be no more additional revelation of truth given to mankind since the canonization of the NT?

pj

Luke 1:1-4 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Many denominations teach different doctrines, teachings that God does not say, teachings that are added, and contradict God’s word. Jesus says in Mark 7:7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.

We worship God in vain if it comes from the doctrines of men and not from God. As Peter told the Jewish council in Acts 5:29, “We ought to obey God rather than men”.

We are exhorted to check out teaching against Scripture (Isaiah 8:20; Acts 17:11.)

Jesus says that tradition keeps man from God’s truth:

Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

I really don't have to PROVE anything to you! Do I?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
1Mind1Spirit has a way of misconstruing things. If you read this thread, you'll see who the nay-sayers are. I don't think he was referring to you as an alter-ego of me, but added a separate address at the end, just to belittle me.

Wrong, you really meant.........

1Mind1Spirit's God stumped me at every turn.

I rue the day I ever asked this son of the most high God to look at my book.

I had to create a sock puppet for a buffer between me and 1Mind1Spirit because it was my last resort.

:chuckle:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Resurrection

(2020.4) 189:1.1 "At two forty-five Sunday morning, the Paradise incarnation commission, consisting of seven unidentified Paradise personalities, arrived on the scene and immediately deployed themselves about the tomb. At ten minutes before three, intense vibrations of commingled material and morontia activities began to issue from Joseph’s new tomb, and at two minutes past three o’clock, this Sunday morning, April 9, A.D. 30, the resurrected morontia form and personality of Jesus of Nazareth came forth from the tomb.

(2021.1) 189:1.2 After the resurrected Jesus emerged from his burial tomb, the body of flesh in which he had lived and wrought on earth for almost thirty-six years was still lying there in the sepulchre niche, undisturbed and wrapped in the linen sheet, just as it had been laid to rest by Joseph and his associates on Friday afternoon. Neither was the stone before the entrance of the tomb in any way disturbed; the seal of Pilate was still unbroken; the soldiers were still on guard. The temple guards had been on continuous duty; the Roman guard had been changed at midnight. None of these watchers suspected that the object of their vigil had risen to a new and higher form of existence, and that the body which they were guarding was now a discarded outer covering which had no further connection with the delivered and resurrected morontia personality of Jesus.

(2021.2) 189:1.3 Mankind is slow to perceive that, in all that is personal, matter is the skeleton of morontia, and that both are the reflected shadow of enduring spirit reality. How long before you will regard time as the moving image of eternity and space as the fleeting shadow of Paradise realities?

(2021.3) 189:1.4 As far as we can judge, no creature of this universe nor any personality from another universe had anything to do with this morontia resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. On Friday he laid down his life as a mortal of the realm; on Sunday morning he took it up again as a morontia being of the system of Satania in Norlatiadek. There is much about the resurrection of Jesus which we do not understand. But we know that it occurred as we have stated and at about the time indicated. We can also record that all known phenomena associated with this mortal transit, or morontia resurrection, occurred right there in Joseph’s new tomb, where the mortal material remains of Jesus lay wrapped in burial cloths.

(2021.4) 189:1.5 We know that no creature of the local universe participated in this morontia awakening. We perceived the seven personalities of Paradise surround the tomb, but we did not see them do anything in connection with the Master’s awakening. Just as soon as Jesus appeared beside Gabriel, just above the tomb, the seven personalities from Paradise signalized their intention of immediate departure for Uversa.

(2021.5) 189:1.6 Let us forever clarify the concept of the resurrection of Jesus by making the following statements:

(2021.6) 189:1.7 1. His material or physical body was not a part of the resurrected personality. When Jesus came forth from the tomb, his body of flesh remained undisturbed in the sepulchre. He emerged from the burial tomb without moving the stones before the entrance and without disturbing the seals of Pilate.

(2021.7) 189:1.8 2. He did not emerge from the tomb as a spirit nor as Michael of Nebadon; he did not appear in the form of the Creator Sovereign, such as he had had before his incarnation in the likeness of mortal flesh on Urantia.

(2021.8) 189:1.9 3. He did come forth from this tomb of Joseph in the very likeness of the morontia personalities of those who, as resurrected morontia ascendant beings, emerge from the resurrection halls of the first mansion world of this local system of Satania. And the presence of the Michael memorial in the center of the vast court of the resurrection halls of mansonia number one leads us to conjecture that the Master’s resurrection on Urantia was in some way fostered on this, the first of the system mansion worlds."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
2. The Material Body of Jesus

(2022.5) 189:2.1 At ten minutes past three o’clock, as the resurrected Jesus fraternized with the assembled morontia personalities from the seven mansion worlds of Satania, the chief of archangels — the angels of the resurrection — approached Gabriel and asked for the mortal body of Jesus. Said the chief of the archangels: “We may not participate in the morontia resurrection of the bestowal experience of Michael our sovereign, but we would have his mortal remains put in our custody for immediate dissolution. We do not propose to employ our technique of dematerialization; we merely wish to invoke the process of accelerated time. It is enough that we have seen the Sovereign live and die on Urantia; the hosts of heaven would be spared the memory of enduring the sight of the slow decay of the human form of the Creator and Upholder of a universe. In the name of the celestial intelligences of all Nebadon, I ask for a mandate giving me the custody of the mortal body of Jesus of Nazareth and empowering us to proceed with its immediate dissolution.”

(2023.1) 189:2.2 And when Gabriel had conferred with the senior Most High of Edentia, the archangel spokesman for the celestial hosts was given permission to make such disposition of the physical remains of Jesus as he might determine.

(2023.2) 189:2.3 After the chief of archangels had been granted this request, he summoned to his assistance many of his fellows, together with a numerous host of the representatives of all orders of celestial personalities, and then, with the aid of the Urantia midwayers, proceeded to take possession of Jesus’ physical body. This body of death was a purely material creation; it was physical and literal; it could not be removed from the tomb as the morontia form of the resurrection had been able to escape the sealed sepulchre. By the aid of certain morontia auxiliary personalities, the morontia form can be made at one time as of the spirit so that it can become indifferent to ordinary matter, while at another time it can become discernible and contactable to material beings, such as the mortals of the realm.

(2023.3) 189:2.4 As they made ready to remove the body of Jesus from the tomb preparatory to according it the dignified and reverent disposal of near-instantaneous dissolution, it was assigned the secondary Urantia midwayers to roll away the stones from the entrance of the tomb. The larger of these two stones was a huge circular affair, much like a millstone, and it moved in a groove chiseled out of the rock, so that it could be rolled back and forth to open or close the tomb. When the watching Jewish guards and the Roman soldiers, in the dim light of the morning, saw this huge stone begin to roll away from the entrance of the tomb, apparently of its own accord — without any visible means to account for such motion — they were seized with fear and panic, and they fled in haste from the scene. The Jews fled to their homes, afterward going back to report these doings to their captain at the temple. The Romans fled to the fortress of Antonia and reported what they had seen to the centurion as soon as he arrived on duty.

(2023.4) 189:2.5 The Jewish leaders began the sordid business of supposedly getting rid of Jesus by offering bribes to the traitorous Judas, and now, when confronted with this embarrassing situation, instead of thinking of punishing the guards who deserted their post, they resorted to bribing these guards and the Roman soldiers. They paid each of these twenty men a sum of money and instructed them to say to all: “While we slept during the nighttime, his disciples came upon us and took away the body.” And the Jewish leaders made solemn promises to the soldiers to defend them before Pilate in case it should ever come to the governor’s knowledge that they had accepted a bribe.

(2023.5) 189:2.6 The Christian belief in the resurrection of Jesus has been based on the fact of the “empty tomb.” It was indeed a fact that the tomb was empty, but this is not the truth of the resurrection. The tomb was truly empty when the first believers arrived, and this fact, associated with that of the undoubted resurrection of the Master, led to the formulation of a belief which was not true: the teaching that the material and mortal body of Jesus was raised from the grave. Truth having to do with spiritual realities and eternal values cannot always be built up by a combination of apparent facts. Although individual facts may be materially true, it does not follow that the association of a group of facts must necessarily lead to truthful spiritual conclusions.

(2023.6) 189:2.7 The tomb of Joseph was empty, not because the body of Jesus had been rehabilitated or resurrected, but because the celestial hosts had been granted their request to afford it a special and unique dissolution, a return of the “dust to dust,” without the intervention of the delays of time and without the operation of the ordinary and visible processes of mortal decay and material corruption.

(2024.1) 189:2.8 The mortal remains of Jesus underwent the same natural process of elemental disintegration as characterizes all human bodies on earth except that, in point of time, this natural mode of dissolution was greatly accelerated, hastened to that point where it became well-nigh instantaneous.

(2024.2) 189:2.9 The true evidences of the resurrection of Michael are spiritual in nature, albeit this teaching is corroborated by the testimony of many mortals of the realm who met, recognized, and communed with the resurrected morontia Master. He became a part of the personal experience of almost one thousand human beings before he finally took leave of Urantia.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Resurrection

(2020.4) 189:1.1 "At two forty-five Sunday morning, the Paradise incarnation commission, consisting of seven unidentified Paradise personalities, arrived on the scene and immediately deployed themselves about the tomb. At ten minutes before three, intense vibrations of commingled material and morontia activities began to issue from Joseph’s new tomb, and at two minutes past three o’clock, this Sunday morning, April 9, A.D. 30, the resurrected morontia form and personality of Jesus of Nazareth came forth from the tomb.

(2021.1) 189:1.2 After the resurrected Jesus emerged from his burial tomb, the body of flesh in which he had lived and wrought on earth for almost thirty-six years was still lying there in the sepulchre niche, undisturbed and wrapped in the linen sheet, just as it had been laid to rest by Joseph and his associates on Friday afternoon. Neither was the stone before the entrance of the tomb in any way disturbed; the seal of Pilate was still unbroken; the soldiers were still on guard. The temple guards had been on continuous duty; the Roman guard had been changed at midnight. None of these watchers suspected that the object of their vigil had risen to a new and higher form of existence, and that the body which they were guarding was now a discarded outer covering which had no further connection with the delivered and resurrected morontia personality of Jesus.

(2021.2) 189:1.3 Mankind is slow to perceive that, in all that is personal, matter is the skeleton of morontia, and that both are the reflected shadow of enduring spirit reality. How long before you will regard time as the moving image of eternity and space as the fleeting shadow of Paradise realities?

(2021.3) 189:1.4 As far as we can judge, no creature of this universe nor any personality from another universe had anything to do with this morontia resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. On Friday he laid down his life as a mortal of the realm; on Sunday morning he took it up again as a morontia being of the system of Satania in Norlatiadek. There is much about the resurrection of Jesus which we do not understand. But we know that it occurred as we have stated and at about the time indicated. We can also record that all known phenomena associated with this mortal transit, or morontia resurrection, occurred right there in Joseph’s new tomb, where the mortal material remains of Jesus lay wrapped in burial cloths.

(2021.4) 189:1.5 We know that no creature of the local universe participated in this morontia awakening. We perceived the seven personalities of Paradise surround the tomb, but we did not see them do anything in connection with the Master’s awakening. Just as soon as Jesus appeared beside Gabriel, just above the tomb, the seven personalities from Paradise signalized their intention of immediate departure for Uversa.

(2021.5) 189:1.6 Let us forever clarify the concept of the resurrection of Jesus by making the following statements:

(2021.6) 189:1.7 1. His material or physical body was not a part of the resurrected personality. When Jesus came forth from the tomb, his body of flesh remained undisturbed in the sepulchre. He emerged from the burial tomb without moving the stones before the entrance and without disturbing the seals of Pilate.

(2021.7) 189:1.8 2. He did not emerge from the tomb as a spirit nor as Michael of Nebadon; he did not appear in the form of the Creator Sovereign, such as he had had before his incarnation in the likeness of mortal flesh on Urantia.

(2021.8) 189:1.9 3. He did come forth from this tomb of Joseph in the very likeness of the morontia personalities of those who, as resurrected morontia ascendant beings, emerge from the resurrection halls of the first mansion world of this local system of Satania. And the presence of the Michael memorial in the center of the vast court of the resurrection halls of mansonia number one leads us to conjecture that the Master’s resurrection on Urantia was in some way fostered on this, the first of the system mansion worlds."

Come on that's not all, quote the part where the other weirdos sped up the corruption of Jesus' dead body.

You know, the one David said never saw corruption.

I can dig it out if you deny it.

I see it no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.