The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
AW, but he did say, His sheep hear His voice,

how we will know his sheep (not by any mantra or religious dogma btw)

Have you looked at any of these to see if they have what Jesus said they would to know if they are his? :think:

or are you using your own criteria outside of what Jesus said?

I'd be interested in your answers.

This is a good question.

Another brother and I have been mulling this over for awhile.

By phone, he's comin' up this week, it's kinda like the Lord has paired him and I up.

As to yer question......

We know we are his children and that we have the spirit of God when we love the brotherhood.

It is not such a cut and dried deal discerning spirits and who is in the brotherhood.

Here is one way I reckon.

Luke 6:45 KJV
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh .

Matthew 12:34 KJV
O generation of vipers, how can ye , being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh .

Hebrews 13:15 KJV
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is , the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Isaiah 57:19 KJV
I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

I believe if one is not confessing Jesus to the glory of God along the way, good deeds fruits are tasteless.

Same token, talk without deeds is also vanity.

All we can do is talk here on this forum, but be that as it may, fruits can be gleaned. :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
My commentary stands on its own, based in the actual contextual knowledge and insights of the subject at hand, unlike your meanderings, whose purpose here it to 'troll' the thread, marginalize the subject and spit out ad hominems. For those actually interested in the papers, they have a few good expounders here on some of its key concepts, which is what this thread is actually about. No ad hominems needed to shoot your way, since one's ignorance or knowledge of the material will be seen eventually by those who do the research ;) :thumb: I think you're 'expertise' is the former is rather obvious.

pj

I had already seen that bit of subterfuge in the link you provided, and recognized it for what it was.

Subterfuge.

A rather sloppy job of track covering to the experienced mountain man, sonny. :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus being the Creator-Son of our local universe and planet

Jesus being the Creator-Son of our local universe and planet

I agree that Jesus is our brother because He said so. But I don't agree that Jesus is God.

I am surprised that you are making Jesus' simple word so complicated like the rest of the trinity believers.

Hi meshak,

We've covered about 'Creator Sons' here, which are an order of divine Sons who are creators of local universes, so in this regard, a 'Creator-Son' is 'God', 'Lord' and 'Savior' of their particular universe-systems and planets (with their planetary children), although there is forever only One Universal Father who is the Supreme 'God' of all sentient beings.

One must understand the cosmology and 'heirarchy' of personalities explained in the papers. This extends beyond a traditional-orthodox Christian concept of the 'Trinity' (since the papers define an original Paradise Trinity, but Jesus is not the 'Eternal Son' in that eternal original Trinity of divine persons, but of an offspring order of divine Sons), but you must understand the 'Christology' within the papers first, to have a proper 'conceptual-frame' in which to 'relate' these concepts.

pj

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hi meshak,

We've covered about 'Creator Sons' here, which are an order of divine Sons who are creators of local universes, so in this regard, a 'Creator-Son' is 'God', 'Lord' and 'Savior' of their particular universe-systems and planets (with their planetary children), although there is forever only One Universal Father who is the Supreme 'God' of all sentient beings.

One must understand the cosmology and 'heirarchy' of personalities explained in the papers. This extends beyond a traditional-orthodox Christian concept of the 'Trinity' (since the papers define an original Paradise Trinity, but Jesus is not the 'Eternal Son' in that eternal original Trinity of divine persons, but of an offspring order of divine Sons), but you must understand the 'Christology' within the papers first, to have a proper 'conceptual-frame' in which to 'relate' these concepts.

pj

I am sorry if you claim Jesus is God we are not in the same path. I am a simple Christian, I don't complicate salvation like most mainstreamers do.

Jesus said clearly His Father is His God and our God. There is only one God.
If Jesus is God, we are God too, according to your logic.

good day.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi meshak,

pj

She's askin' bout y'all's bogus Jesus raised himself theory.

You get smarter by the minute. :think:

Cut yer head in boy, as my dad used to say.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
On what basis do you make THIS bare assertion?

On universal law. Its a principle found in scripture as well in many places ("ask and you will receive, seek me with your whole heart, call upon me and I will answer you", etc.), plus since 'God' is Love and is our Father,...he would naturally respond to our deepest soul longings. What is the motive behind the question? Do you discount THIS answer?

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
She's askin' bout y'all's bogus Jesus raised himself theory.

You get smarter by the minute. :think:

Cut yer head in boy, as my dad used to say.

Uh no, shes asking about Jesus being 'God' or only the 'Son of God', from a Unitarian or traditional Trinitarian point of view.

Furthermore, you're falsely assuming I have the same view on 'Jesus raising himself from the dead' from your 'dialogue' with Caino, and unnecessarily lumping us together. Be careful of assuming things, before you have more info. We have rather different views, on some points, with different background knowledge, perspectives and 'nuances' concerning some matters. You cant lump people together, until you know their religious/philosophical backgrounds, or can 'prove' that I believe such about 'Jesus raising himself from the dead' (I only vaguely have a hint, by reading a bit of your dialogue with Caino on another thread). This is based on your 'bout' with Caino, not me.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I am sorry if you claim Jesus is God we are not in the same path. I am a simple Christian, I don't complicate salvation like most mainstreamers do.

Jesus said clearly His Father is His God and our God. There is only one God.
If Jesus is God, we are God too, according to your logic.

Again, its a matter of understanding what the papers teach in this regard. It is not claiming Jesus is God as defined or assumed by a traditional-orthodox Trinitarian definition, of Jesus being 'God the Son' within an eternal Trinity. The papers do NOT teach that Jesus is 'God' in this manner. It may be a little too complex for you if you'd rather stick to your simple understanding of things, unless you want to learn more.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I agree that Jesus is our brother because He said so. But I don't agree that Jesus is God.

I am surprised that you are making Jesus' simple word so complicated like the rest of the trinity believers.

Simple trust, child like faith in God is all that is required to enter salvation.

Some of these more complicated discussions are just a matter of interest when we look back at the extraordinary facts surrounding this extraordinary divine man Jesus who raised himself from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Simple trust, child like faith in God is all that is required to enter salvation.

Jesus says His Father is His God and our God.

You don't believe Jesus' word? Is that what Urantian book says? Jesus is trinity?

If so, I don't think it is of God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Again, its a matter of understanding what the papers teach in this regard. It is not claiming Jesus is God as defined or assumed by a traditional-orthodox Trinitarian definition, of Jesus being 'God the Son' within an eternal Trinity. The papers do NOT teach that Jesus is 'God' in this manner. It may be a little too complex for you if you'd rather stick to your simple understanding of things, unless you want to learn more.

pj

If you believe Jesus is God then I have nothing more to say to you, friend.

Jesus says we are all gods, not like God the Father.

Sandycane

I smell a sock puppet, Freelight shoulda washed it first. :chuckle:

Nope, no sock puppet here.
Caino recently contacted me on another forum - it was about 10 years ago when we last "spoke" in a forum.

Back then I was a zealot Christian and he and I and another named Bro Dave got into some heated debates over the UB.
As I recall, if I recall correctly, there came a point when Caino actually admitted that the Jesus of the UB is not the same Jesus of the Christian bible. I don't know if he is willing to confirm or deny that now.

I am now an atheist and I thought it might be fun to get back into some forum debates. I was wrong.
It took me only a day to realize I would rather stick needles in my eyes than spend my precious time debating religion.... which is pretty good since it took me an entire week to decide Facebook is useless.

I'm sorry, Caino, but I'm just not interested in this battle anymore.
it was good to hear from you and maybe well cross paths on some other thread in the future.
:rapture:
I've got to get back to Ayla and Jondalar at the Summer Meeting now.
:cool:

Zeke

If you believe Jesus is God then I have nothing more to say to you, friend.

Jesus says we are all gods, not like God the Father.

God the Father is a play on words, the oneness of the Source we all sprung from if we are conscience isn't separated by gender, both male and female are equal without one being graded on a higher status based scale. This is where the spiritual light body has overcome the distinctions of male and female. I know you don't like Paul but his latter epistles address the new creation, if you see Jesus as pure invisible spirit experiencing the transgressions of the flesh, and Paul the flesh experiencing that spirit they both coincide once the bias of either is set aside.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Caino and freelight,

I am a simple Christian. I know Jesus does not care how much knowledge we have. He cares if we are sincerely trying to follow God and Jesus by obeying their teaching of love God and love one another.

I also know that Jesus says His Father is His God as well as ours. And He also says His followers are His brothers and sisters.

I don't believe everything in the Bible is telling the truth because man wrote it. But I know it says God is love. And I believe it. and I interpret accordingly. If it does not harmonize with that, I discard it with no problem.

and It also repeats God is one. And it is not so hard to see that OT is talking about God the Father, not Jesus.

I believe God and Jesus because they both talk about love, mainly.

Jesus believes Abraham's God is true God.

Jesus' teachings are consistent about love, godliness, righteousness and holiness. That's why I believe everything what He says is true and He is son of God as he says.

I believe Jesus is first born of all creation. He is the only one that God created Himself. The rest is Jesus did with God's help. God gave Him power and authority to do it.

this is my summary of my faith and identity of God and Jesus.

God's Truth

I am a simple Christian. I know Jesus does not care how much knowledge we have.

You are wrong.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

Luke 1:17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

Luke 21:15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

Matthew 13:11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

Luke 11:52
“Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”

1 Corinthians 1:5
For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
God the Father is a play on words, the oneness of the Source we all sprung from if we are conscience isn't separated by gender, both male and female are equal without one being graded on a higher status based scale. This is where the spiritual light body has overcome the distinctions of male and female. I know you don't like Paul but his latter epistles address the new creation, if you see Jesus as pure invisible spirit experiencing the transgressions of the flesh, and Paul the flesh experiencing that spirit they both coincide once the bias of either is set aside.

And on what basis do you make THESE bare assertions?

Status
Not open for further replies.