The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You made an accusation, you got your butt handed to you, now you are dishonestly spinning to win some childish point? Have you thought about what you want to be when you grow up?

You izz trippin' invert.

Think about it knucklehead, I'd have to be purdy dumb to not think that might've come up before.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You izz trippin' invert.

Think about it knucklehead, I'd have to be purdy dumb to not think that might've come up before.

When you talk like that, it makes me Ned Beatty kind of nervous. Maybe his holiness PneumaPsucheSoma can give you a tutorial?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When you talk like that, it makes me Ned Beatty kind of nervous. Maybe his holiness PneumaPsucheSoma can give you a tutorial?

Only thing wrong with that is, I reckon you wouldn't a needed to be told to squeal.

So no you aint nervous like he was.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1736.5) 156:2.8 Jesus greatly enjoyed the keen sense of humor which these gentiles exhibited. It was the sense of humor displayed by Norana, the Syrian woman, as well as her great and persistent faith, that so touched the Master’s heart and appealed to his mercy. Jesus greatly regretted that his people — the Jews — were so lacking in humor. He once said to Thomas: “My people take themselves too seriously; they are just about devoid of an appreciation of humor. The burdensome religion of the Pharisees could never have had origin among a people with a sense of humor. They also lack consistency; they strain at gnats and swallow camels.”

Sandycane

I'm on the last book of The Earth Children series (Ayla and Jondalar and clan are at her second Summer Festival!)

As soon as I finish with this, I may read some of your Urantia book...
I love good fiction!

Bwahhh-hahaha.
:devil:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'm on the last book of The Earth Children series (Ayla and Jondalar and clan are at her second Summer Festival!)

As soon as I finish with this, I may read some of your Urantia book...
I love good fiction!

Bwahhh-hahaha.
:devil:

Lol! You devil you.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Very nice photo.
... you don't look like a crazy person.
:alien:

What did your dad think of the Urantia book?

Dad was a UB reader from the 60's, he was a dentist, heard about it from one of his patients. After my spiritual awakening in 85' I started my search. He was Methodist.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Your search for what?

Truth/God. I would eventually read the OT, I was flat out horrified about how the old priest portrayed God and Hebrew history! I just sat nodding my head while I read! But the UB gives an explanation for the basis of some of the history in OT.

Sandycane

Here's the thing...
One man's "truth" is another mans lie and "god" and all the stories that were/are designed to support it's existence are man's invention - a necessary invention for most - to enable them to deal with life and death.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truth/God. I would eventually read the OT, I was flat out horrified about how the old priest portrayed God and Hebrew history! I just sat nodding my head while I read! But the UB gives an explanation for the basis of some of the history in OT.

Insightful comment.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Here's the thing...
One man's "truth" is another mans lie and "god" and all the stories that were/are designed to support it's existence are man's invention - a necessary invention for most - to enable them to deal with life and death.

A) something is true

B) nothing is true

C) everything is true

I choose A), to search for God is to search for everything.

(1118.4) 102:1.1 The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.”

Status
Not open for further replies.