The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Anything to add to the thread other than indoctrinated flatulence?

LOL. You must be catching a whiff of the rancid landfill stench of humanistic esotericism, with the soulical attempting to acquire the spiritual.

Don't put your own indoctrination and degradation into insanity on me. I left the exoteric deadness of the Christian faith to know the true esoteric ontolotical Gospel.

You've missed on both counts. And most professing Christians couldn't and wouldn't make the points in my above post.

Aimiel

If you could see past the hype and fear mongering barricade your belief system has built between you and the rest of humanity, you might start to revive your imprisoned soul, "that religious propagandist stole" and deceived into spouting their chaotic separatist dogma! "again'st your fellow brothers and sisters.
The lost are NOT my brothers and sisters, those who are God's children are. If you could see past the smoke and mirrors the enemy of your soul uses: you'd fall upon The Rock and be saved. I'm a slave by choice. I'm not any man's prisoner, but I am a slave to my Lord and God. He deserves my fear. I don't follow a belief system, but I did follow the breadcrumbs The Lord put into His Word to find a relationship with Him.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If you could see past the hype and fear mongering barricade your belief system has built between you and the rest of humanity, you might start to revive your imprisoned soul, "that religious propagandist stole" and deceived into spouting their chaotic separatist dogma! "again'st your fellow brothers and sisters.

If you'd recgonize the difference between the dead exoteric Christian faith and the true esoteric ontological Gospel, you'd have no need of all this pseudo-spiritual soulish drivel of humanistic esotericism.

You're not a brother. You haven't been born from above. Brothers according to the flesh aren't brothers. Only those born again by the spirit of adoption are brothers.

You're just another deluded and insane humanist, demanding some diluted and diverted and perverted and polluted sectarian abomination is the actual Christian faith.

Zeke

LOL. You must be catching a whiff of the rancid landfill stench of humanistic esotericism, with the soulical attempting to acquire the spiritual.

Don't put your own indoctrination and degradation into insanity on me. I left the exoteric deadness of the Christian faith to know the true esoteric ontolotical Gospel.

You've missed on both counts. And most professing Christians couldn't and wouldn't make the points in my above post.

That was your own body odor Holmes, try and clean up the diet so you won't be such a stank. Recommend some distilled water, gallon a day that will clean up those inorganic religious deposit in your swollen head.

Zeke

The lost are NOT my brothers and sisters, those who are God's children are. If you could see past the smoke and mirrors the enemy of your soul uses: you'd fall upon The Rock and be saved. I'm a slave by choice. I'm not any man's prisoner, but I am a slave to my Lord and God. He deserves my fear. I don't follow a belief system, but I did follow the breadcrumbs The Lord put into His Word to find a relationship with Him.

With that attitude you would be a good Klan member, same type of mental rational that makes your fellow human being expendable in your narrow between the eyes dogma.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That was your own body odor Holmes, try and clean up the diet so you won't be such a stank. Recommend some distilled water, gallon a day that will clean up those inorganic religious deposit in your swollen head.

Meh. That gets about 8.2 on a 10-scale. You're not even that funny or capable in the area of sarcastic denegration.

Humanists are so droll. You mistake agape for phileo, soul for spirit, and a bazillion other deceptions. You're every bit as bad as the exoteric Christians you staunchly despise.

You've been pimped. Back to your theurgy, now. Become god. We all want to see that transformation.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Christian Religion

(1083.6) 98:7.1 A Creator Son did not incarnate in the likeness of mortal flesh and bestow himself upon the humanity of Urantia to reconcile an angry God but rather to win all mankind to the recognition of the Father’s love and to the realization of their sonship with God. After all, even the great advocate of the atonement doctrine realized something of this truth, for he declared that “God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself.”

(1084.1) 98:7.2 It is not the province of this paper to deal with the origin and dissemination of the Christian religion. Suffice it to say that it is built around the person of Jesus of Nazareth, the humanly incarnate Michael Son of Nebadon, known to Urantia as the Christ, the anointed one. Christianity was spread throughout the Levant and Occident by the followers of this Galilean, and their missionary zeal equaled that of their illustrious predecessors, the Sethites and Salemites, as well as that of their earnest Asiatic contemporaries, the Buddhist teachers.

(1084.2) 98:7.3 The Christian religion, as a Urantian system of belief, arose through the compounding of the following teachings, influences, beliefs, cults, and personal individual attitudes:

(1084.3) 98:7.4 1. The Melchizedek teachings, which are a basic factor in all the religions of Occident and Orient that have arisen in the last four thousand years.

(1084.4) 98:7.5 2. The Hebraic system of morality, ethics, theology, and belief in both Providence and the supreme Yahweh.

(1084.5) 98:7.6 3. The Zoroastrian conception of the struggle between cosmic good and evil, which had already left its imprint on both Judaism and Mithraism. Through prolonged contact attendant upon the struggles between Mithraism and Christianity, the doctrines of the Iranian prophet became a potent factor in determining the theologic and philosophic cast and structure of the dogmas, tenets, and cosmology of the Hellenized and Latinized versions of the teachings of Jesus.

(1084.6) 98:7.7 4. The mystery cults, especially Mithraism but also the worship of the Great Mother in the Phrygian cult. Even the legends of the birth of Jesus on Urantia became tainted with the Roman version of the miraculous birth of the Iranian savior-hero, Mithras, whose advent on earth was supposed to have been witnessed by only a handful of gift-bearing shepherds who had been informed of this impending event by angels.

(1084.7) 98:7.8 5. The historic fact of the human life of Joshua ben Joseph, the reality of Jesus of Nazareth as the glorified Christ, the Son of God.

(1084.8) 98:7.9 6. The personal viewpoint of Paul of Tarsus. And it should be recorded that Mithraism was the dominant religion of Tarsus during his adolescence. Paul little dreamed that his well-intentioned letters to his converts would someday be regarded by still later Christians as the “word of God.” Such well-meaning teachers must not be held accountable for the use made of their writings by later-day successors.

(1084.9) 98:7.10 7. The philosophic thought of the Hellenistic peoples, from Alexandria and Antioch through Greece to Syracuse and Rome. The philosophy of the Greeks was more in harmony with Paul’s version of Christianity than with any other current religious system and became an important factor in the success of Christianity in the Occident. Greek philosophy, coupled with Paul’s theology, still forms the basis of European ethics.

(1084.10) 98:7.11 As the original teachings of Jesus penetrated the Occident, they became Occidentalized, and as they became Occidentalized, they began to lose their potentially universal appeal to all races and kinds of men. Christianity, today, has become a religion well adapted to the social, economic, and political mores of the white races. It has long since ceased to be the religion of Jesus, although it still valiantly portrays a beautiful religion about Jesus to such individuals as sincerely seek to follow in the way of its teaching. It has glorified Jesus as the Christ, the Messianic anointed one from God, but has largely forgotten the Master’s personal gospel: the Fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of all men.

(1085.1) 98:7.12 And this is the long story of the teachings of Machiventa Melchizedek on Urantia. It is nearly four thousand years since this emergency Son of Nebadon bestowed himself on Urantia, and in that time the teachings of the “priest of El Elyon, the Most High God,” have penetrated to all races and peoples. And Machiventa was successful in achieving the purpose of his unusual bestowal; when Michael made ready to appear on Urantia, the God concept was existent in the hearts of men and women, the same God concept that still flames anew in the living spiritual experience of the manifold children of the Universal Father as they live their intriguing temporal lives on the whirling planets of space.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The 'omnipresence' of 'God'......

The 'omnipresence' of 'God'......

Those who are not Christian cannot know what true worship is, since they don't worship God. Knowing some facts about someone, even if a few of those fact are mildly correct here and there, is not the same as knowing them personally. One cannot know God apart from His Word.

The reality of 'God' is universal, even though the mind may shroud or be unaware of that 'original knowledge', until 'God' is realized.

The 'Thought Adjuster' is that pure original presence (spirit-monitor, Father-fragment) that abides in the soul of man.

1:2.3 The actuality of the existence of God is demonstrated in human experience by the indwelling of the divine presence, the spirit Monitor sent from Paradise to live in the mortal mind of man and there to assist in evolving the immortal soul of eternal survival. The presence of this divine Adjuster in the human mind is disclosed by three experiential phenomena:

• 1. The intellectual capacity for knowing God — God-consciousness.
• 2. The spiritual urge to find God — God-seeking.
• 3. The personality craving to be like God — the wholehearted desire to do the Father’s will.

1:2.7 The existence of God can never be proved by scientific experiment or by the pure reason of logical deduction. God can be realized only in the realms of human experience; nevertheless, the true concept of the reality of God is reasonable to logic, plausible to philosophy, essential to religion, and indispensable to any hope of personality survival.

1:2.8 Those who know God have experienced the fact of his presence; such God-knowing mortals hold in their personal experience the only positive proof of the existence of the living God which one human being can offer to another. The existence of God is utterly beyond all possibility of demonstration except for the contact between the God-consciousness of the human mind and the God-presence of the Thought Adjuster that indwells the mortal intellect and is bestowed upon man as the free gift of the Universal Father.

~*~*~

1:2.9 In theory you may think of God as the Creator, and he is the personal creator of Paradise and the central universe of perfection, but the universes of time and space are all created and organized by the Paradise corps of the Creator Sons. The Universal Father is not the personal creator of the local universe of Nebadon; the universe in which you live is the creation of his Son Michael (the Lord Jesus...or 'Christ-Michael'). Though the Father does not personally create the evolutionary universes, he does control them in many of their universal relationships and in certain of their manifestations of physical, mindal, and spiritual energies. God the Father is the personal creator of the Paradise universe and, in association with the Eternal Son, the creator of all other personal universe Creators.

- Again we see the 'heirarchy' revealed in the papers,....while the Universal Father (and corporately the Paradise Trinity) are the original Creator of Paradise and the Universe of universes,...it is the Creator Sons (also called 'Michaels', of the order of Michael) who are the creators of the local universes of time and space.

1:2.10 As a physical controller in the material universe of universes, the First Source and Center functions in the patterns of the eternal Isle of Paradise, and through this absolute gravity center the eternal God exercises cosmic overcontrol of the physical level equally in the central universe and throughout the universe of universes. As mind, God functions in the Deity of the Infinite Spirit; as spirit, God is manifest in the person of the Eternal Son and in the persons of the divine children of the Eternal Son (Jesus who is a 'Creator Son' is an offspring of the original Eternal Son). This interrelation of the First Source and Center with the co-ordinate Persons and Absolutes of Paradise does not in the least preclude the direct personal action of the Universal Father throughout all creation and on all levels thereof. Through the presence of his fragmentized spirit the Creator Father maintains immediate contact with his creature children and his created universes.

Paper 1 - The Universal Father

pj

Last edited:

Aimiel

The reality of 'God' is universal, even though the mind may shroud or be unaware of that 'original knowledge', until 'God' is realized.
I have no idea why you put the word, "God," in single quotes, other than the fact that you use His name as slang or jargon; but you have no 'original knowledge' of Him, but I'm sure many (though obviously not you) are aware of the trickery of the enemy (demon spirits) who are able to make one think one has way more knowledge than one does and can place their own thoughts into your head and make you believe that they were your own. Shame the author of the UB didn't realize that. I'm sure there would be WAY less people in hell today.
The 'Thought Adjuster' is that pure original presence (spirit-monitor, Father-fragment) that abides in the soul of man.
Nope... I'm pretty sure that, "Thought Adjuster," is the name of the demon spirit that has you hoodwinked.
Again we see the 'heirarchy' revealed in the papers,....while the Universal Father (and corporately the Paradise Trinity) are the original Creator of Paradise and the Universe of universes,...it is the Creator Sons (also called 'Michaels', of the order of Michael) who are the creators of the local universes of time and space.
Yes, in your fictional account. In reality, stated by The Holy Scriptures: Jesus created everything that exists. Of course you don't believe The Holy Scriptures. That doesn't change the facts. Your book is worthless, except maybe to start a fire with. :aimiel:

Aimiel

With that attitude you would be a good Klan member, same type of mental rational that makes your fellow human being expendable in your narrow between the eyes dogma.
If I considered you expendable, I wouldn't try to convince you of Bible Truth. I'd let you stroll off on your way to hell without warning you.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If I considered you expendable, I wouldn't try to convince you of Bible Truth. I'd let you stroll off on your way to hell without warning you.

Notice that it's the primary fundamentals of the true Christian faith that are under such absurd attack. These detestable prevaricators and pagan wannabes can't abide the tenets of the only ontological truth of reality and existence.

It's literal insanity, and it's contagious. But I'm immune. Innoculated by grace through faith.

Zeke

Your saviour is a myth, the only Christ that has ever lived is manifested in the human temple, and no theology or religion can claim any exclusive right to that universal truth. And if you really explored the facts about your Bible and Jesus, you couldn't keep believing in the charade you push.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Your saviour is a myth, the only Christ that has ever lived is manifested in the human temple, and no theology or religion can claim any exclusive right to that universal truth. And if you really explored the facts about your Bible and Jesus, you couldn't keep believing in the charade you push.

Oh, lookie. Zekemeister vomited more chunks. Surprise.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
language mediums.........

language mediums.........

I have no idea why you put the word, "God," in single quotes, other than the fact that you use His name as slang or jargon;

Some writers in the philosophical/theological field use single quotes for emphasis, so I sometimes use ( ' ' ) for a 'word' or 'term',...like if we were discussing 'absolute' and 'relative' truth,....or the principle of 'being' and 'becoming'. I often put God in single quotes ('God') to indicate that such is only a 'word-symbol', the popular 'term' used to refer to 'Deity', 'Spirit', 'Soul', 'Infinite Intelligence', 'Source-energy', 'Love', 'Light', 'Reality', 'Consciousness', 'The Absolute', 'The Supreme Being', 'Brahman', ' YHWH', 'Allah', 'Om', the 'Tao', etc.

All language is 'symbolic',....the 'word' is never the actual 'thing' itself. See the 'naunce' behind the form.

~*~*~

Links -

Single vs. Double quotation marks

Single quotation marks - a readers question

~ Words with philosophical or theological meaning, when used in articles or books about philosophy or theology, are often put in single quotation marks.

Some years ago I wrote 'God' as 'GOd', during an interesting season of experimental prose :) - the symbolic form of that 'stuck' with me for a time, but then I let it go....for a little more formal writing style. All language is 'code'. - the real essence behind it is 'thought', 'idea', 'consciousness'.

The essential 'Name' of God is 'One',..yet there are many 'words' that various people use to describe 'God' -

1:1.4 Near the center of the universe of universes, the Universal Father is generally known by names which may be regarded as meaning the First Source. Farther out in the universes of space, the terms employed to designate the Universal Father more often mean the Universal Center. Still farther out in the starry creation, he is known, as on the headquarters world of your local universe, as the First Creative Source and Divine Center. In one near-by constellation God is called the Father of Universes. In another, the Infinite Upholder, and to the east, the Divine Controller. He has also been designated the Father of Lights, the Gift of Life, and the All-powerful One.

- Paper 1

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Zeke, you repeat that theme with the same sort of zeal and religious conviction. To be clear, are you saying that the person of Jesus simply did not exist? His apostles? His followers? The first martyrs?

Aimiel

Your saviour is a myth...
I can see where He might appear that way to those who've never met Him.
...the only Christ that has ever lived is manifested in the human temple...
That is where He longs to dwell, although most Christians have yet to let Him in. He cannot abide in temples that haven't been cleansed.
... and no theology or religion can claim any exclusive right to that universal truth.
No one has a 'corner' on the Truth, agreed; but: Jesus said that He is The One and Only Truth.
And if you really explored the facts about your Bible and Jesus, you couldn't keep believing in the charade you push.
What 'facts' would those be?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
moving along.......

moving along.......

I can see where He might appear that way to those who've never met Him.

It may take a little more thought in responding here, to the possibility that one's 'belief' or 'concept' of Jesus might be a 'myth'. One's faith in somebody or something could have 'mythical' dimensions to it. As far as one's claim to have met Jesus, well,....that must be taken by 'faith', since Jesus only exists as a conceptual figure or personality conceived in and believed by one's own mind. Where else does your 'Jesus' exist? - one might contend.

That is where He longs to dwell, although most Christians have yet to let Him in.

Well, yes our bodies are the temples of the Spirit. Anyone who has let the Spirit have pre-eminence will manifest the fruit thereof.

He cannot abide in temples that haven't been cleansed.

Well, that's debatable....since the work of 'sanctification' begins in a soul that is undergoing a purification process....so the Spirit has to be there working its transforming power while the soul is in a less than pure state; otherwise I agree that the Spirit's fullness and power is more suited and able to function/manifest in a more sanctified vessel.

No one has a 'corner' on the Truth, agreed; but: Jesus said that He is The One and Only Truth.

A few verses in the gospel of John claim that. We'll agree that Jesus was representing 'God', revealing 'God' to Man,.....so he could speak with authority in full realization of 'God-consciousness' (his communion with the Father in the Spirit). Being fully 'God-conscious', there was no division or separation between he and 'God', so he could speak as 'God', and radiate his true nature as 'God'. In that radiation of consciousness, there is nothing but 'God'.

What 'facts' would those be?

Some schools see Jesus more or less as a 'myth' or 'allegory', a figurative story handed down over the ages from earlier myths following similar patterns. The character and details may be 'historical' in some sense but more 'allegorical' in their true meanings, symbols and function-metaphors.

See - Pagan origins of the Christ-Myth & 'Jesus didn't exist'.

~*~*~

We would note that the UB agrees with the traditional assumption of a real, actual historical 'Jesus', since its narrative is consistent with much of what is contained in the gospel-accounts, adding more from other accounts accessible to the revelators. In this respect that UB does not take a 'mythicist' view of Jesus obviously, since the 'bestowal' (incarnation) of Jesus on this planet (Urantia) is of utmost significance in the over-all cosmic scheme of things, as Jesus assumed his ultimate victory thru faithfulness to the divine will thru-out his entire mortal life, and assumed his title of Sovereign Lord of his universe-creation as well as reclaiming from the fallen angelic powers his title of 'Planetary Prince' of this world.

See - The Bestowal of Michael on Urantia

pj

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I can see where He might appear that way to those who've never met Him.That is where He longs to dwell, although most Christians have yet to let Him in. He cannot abide in temples that haven't been cleansed.No one has a 'corner' on the Truth, agreed; but: Jesus said that He is The One and Only Truth.What 'facts' would those be?

Esotericists are like opiate gerbils. Running around all stoned-out, taking pieces from all belief systems like some giant buffet.

The Christian faith isn't a belief system. It's literal ontological reality.

Aimiel

Amen. It also isn't something that can be shared objectively. One must be in Christ to see Him at all.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Aimiel

It may take a little more thought in responding here, to the possibility that one's 'belief' or 'concept' of Jesus might be a 'myth'.
It might... if I were faking it, as you are.
One's faith in somebody or something could have 'mythical' dimensions to it.
I understand that the UB is ENTIRELY mythical as are all the other gods you seem to be following.
As far as one's claim to have met Jesus, well,....that must be taken by 'faith', since Jesus only exists as a conceptual figure or personality conceived in and believed by one's own mind. Where else does your 'Jesus' exist? - one might contend.
Actually, I DO have The Mind of Christ, but more precisely: He lives in my heart, but not in the sense that most would take that statement on face-value. Christians have His Spirit in them and He is alive in us. He gives us newness of life. He gives us eternal life. We have these things here and now. NOW are we The Sons of God and it doesn't even appear on the horizon what we SHALL become. Unlike your false gods: our God actually exists and He exists inside of us. He is our life. I am no longer alive but He lives in me: The Hope of Glory.
Well, yes our bodies are the temples of the Spirit. Anyone who has let the Spirit have pre-eminence will manifest the fruit thereof.
You parrot the Words of God but know so little of Their true meaning. You haven't even seen The Kingdom yet and you dodge God at every turn.
Well, that's debatable....since the work of 'sanctification' begins in a soul that is undergoing a purification process....so the Spirit has to be there working its transforming power while the soul is in a less than pure state; otherwise I agree that the Spirit's fullness and power is more suited and able to function/manifest in a more sanctified vessel.
One is either sanctified or one isn't. You isn't.
A few verses in the gospel of John claim that.
No, John stated that Christ Jesus Himself said that. Scripture doesn't lie. The UB does.
Some schools see Jesus more or less ...
That question wasn't directed at you... I know that you don't believe in Christ. I was asking Zeke to be more specific about what he was referring to. I already addressed your 'myth' garbage in this very post.

Status
Not open for further replies.