The Jews were 'the dead', in Jesus instruction, 'let the dead bury their dead'.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post

Go ahead...these verses do not contradict Jesus. No matter how much you want it too.
Here is Jesus' word for salvation with example:

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

drbrumley

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post

Go ahead...these verses do not contradict Jesus. No matter how much you want it too.
Here is Jesus' word for salvation with example:

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

The rest of this passage has nothing to do with salvation.

Game over....thanks for playing..

drbrumley

Your reading comprehension is not so good, friend.

How did you learn to read like that?

Lets go REAL S-L-O-W for you friend.

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

What's the subject MeShak? Eternal Life right?

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Then what meshak, the guy wanted to do what? So whatever he wanted to do went beyond what Jesus plainly says...

is that still too fast for you?

drbrumley

The Pharisee asked how to inherit eternal life.

What did Jesus say?

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

meshak

BANNED
Banned
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

That is not the end there.

Jesus continued.

read the whole thing I quoted.

drbrumley

Pharisee asked Him how to inherit eternal life.

Yes, he did. here is the account....

What did Jesus say in the end of that account?

"Go and do likewise"

After Jesus EXPLAINED what a "NEIGHBOR" is.....Do you see it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, he did. here is the account....

"Go and do likewise"

After Jesus EXPLAINED what a "NEIGHBOR" is.....Do you see it?

Samaritan was being merciful, producing fruit.

That is the whole point of that account.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you love the Lord and love your neighbor as yourself, you will produce fruit.

So producing fruit is requirement for salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jews question was how to inherit eternal life.

And Jesus told him to be like Samaritan, producing fruit, then you will live, meaning inherit eternal life.

drbrumley

Samaritan was being merciful, producing fruit.

That is the whole point of that account.

Agreed!!!!

But that didn't and won't save the neighbor.

Again, Jesus was specifically asked what must one do to get eternal life.

2 things..

1)“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind";

AND

2)"Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

We KNOW that is it because Jesus then said,

Do you see it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Agreed!!!!

But that didn't and won't save the neighbor.

Again, Jesus was specifically asked what must one do to get eternal life.

2 things..

1)“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind";

AND

2)"Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

We KNOW that is it because Jesus then said,

Do you see it?

just amazing how you twist it.

Do you know Pharisee asked Jesus how to inherit eternal life?

drbrumley

just amazing how you twist it.

You cannot communicate worth a flip....you know that?

Do you know Pharisee asked Jesus how to inherit eternal life?

And you seriously asked that question with a straight face didn't you?

Lord, I failed....I cannot communicate with this woman. I have tried and tried to reason with her. She will fall on her own sword for reasons unbeknownst to me...Only you Lord can break this wall....I will not try anymore unless you specifically order it. I can't Father, I just can't.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You cannot communicate worth a flip....you know that?

And you seriously asked that question with a straight face didn't you?

Lord, I failed....I cannot communicate with this woman. I have tried and tried to reason with her. She will fall on her own sword for reasons unbeknownst to me...Only you Lord can break this wall....I will not try anymore unless you specifically order it. I can't Father, I just can't.

Your denial is just amazing.

suit yourself.