ECT The Jews knew about the Kingdom of God--

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
NOpe, no delays, double meanings, privies. The kingdom he was talking about was made without human hands and would exist through the proclamation that he was Christ and Lord.

Acts 2: God has made him Christ and Lord and seated him for his accomplishment. The last I checked there were no higher positions than Christ, Lord and seated with the Father. No other titles or seats matter.

And, of course, like many others on TOL, you're mistaken.

Interplanner

And, of course, like many others on TOL, you're mistaken.

Everything hinges on how the NT used Isaiah 54,55, which, as you know is right after 53. If you are not consistent with that, you are mistaken. The new kingdom offered is what settles the promise to "Israel" not to ruin them again like the Noah promise to the whole earth (ch 54). Yet obviously the ethne was devastated by the destruction of the country in the 6th decade of the 1st century.

D'ism, in my 40 years of observation, is entirely imposed theory about both: about the NT using Is 53-55 and about the destruction of Jerusalem.

beameup

Angel Gabriel to Mary:
He [Jesus] shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. - Luke 1:32-33

Of course the Jews of the 1st century were anticipating Messiah setting up His Kingdom upon the earth!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
IP, where did you learn your particular writing skills from? More times than not, posters can't understand what you're trying to convey? That makes for bad communication.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
IP, do you believe Isaiah was speaking about the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel or the Grace Gospel that was to the Gentiles? You also didn't answer what church or denomination you are affiliated with?

Interplanner

IP, do you believe Isiah was speaking about the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel or the Grace Gospel that was to the Gentiles? You also didn't answer what church or denomination you are affiliated with?

You've got to be smarter than that GM. I don't accept false questions. You need to undo it.

whitestone

It's probably best to just go with what they said they believed on the matter Luke 1:1 KJV ,,, restore the Kingdom to Israel Acts 1:6-7 KJV ...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm always leery of posters who avoid saying what church or denomination they are affiliated with. It could be a cult or some other peculiar belief system that they're hiding, for good reason, I might add.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
IP, when asked, what church you attend, you stated: "Is 53-55." Do you really feel that's a reasonable answer to my question? Surely, you must be smarter than that? It sounds like, you're trying to avoid the answer? Are you?

Interplanner

I've NEVER read anything written by a Dispensationalist. I'm not much into commentaries, books, so- called Bible Scholars and peculiar theories.

but D'ism has been extremely effective for 100 years in America. It is in most 'evangelical' materials. The Scofield reference Bible. The Left Behind books and movies. All pop eschatology about 'the end times.' The greatest publicity boost it got was Ryrie's book D'ISM TODAY with its chapter on 2P2P--two peoples, two programs. This jerked the attention marshaled since the Reformation on Christ away from Him and back to Israel--modern Israel or no more than one step away from it.

Interplanner

IP, when asked, what church you attend, you stated: "Is 53-55." Do you really feel that's a reasonable answer to my question? Surely, you must be smarter than that? It sounds like, you're trying to avoid the answer? Are you?

I dropped D'ism which was taught at the evangelical college I attended and the seminary nearby because it failed so miserably on Romans, Galatians, Hebrews.

It is a sharp answer to what you are asking, cutting through piles of non-information. it deals with what truly matters, which is very hard to find these days.

for the record, I said 'how the NT uses Is 53-55.'