ECT The hope for which the Jews accused Paul, Acts 26:7

Interplanner

It is partly simply that the one resurrection of Christ took place. But that is not all there is to the accusation. What else?

Interplanner

I have made my point many times (by comments on Acts 13 and rom 4) and find it unanswered by the amateurs of D'ism and their selective thinking. The fact that you don't have a ready answer as to why other things about the resurrection would be brought up to accuse Paul says everything to me.

Interplanner

Hi and maybe he has no SHARP point at all OT he might explain verse 6 ??

dan p

The fulfilled promise to the fathers is what I have been teaching all the time here is the throb of the NT using the OT. those promises are fulfilled in the Christian mission, and that was their intended meaning the whole time. That mission could not exist without the resurrection of Christ, which is his enthronement, his reward for being the sacrifice for our sins, Acts 13, Rom 4.

That is why the land drifts away into history in the IT period. That and the Dan 9 ending. But the NT really does keep retroactively using those Genesis promise passages to validate the Christian mission that is now (Paul's now) going to the nations.

That is why there is no restored land of Israel doctrine in the NT. The mission overshadows it all.

SaulToPaul 2

I have made my point many times (by comments on Acts 13 and rom 4) and find it unanswered by the amateurs of D'ism and their selective thinking. The fact that you don't have a ready answer as to why other things about the resurrection would be brought up to accuse Paul says everything to me.

No one understands a word you write, except Danoh.

Danoh

That is why there is no restored land of Israel doctrine in the NT. The mission overshadows it all.

Sure; bookworm.

Luke 20:27 Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him, 20:28 Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 20:29 There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. 20:30 And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. 20:31 And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. 20:32 Last of all the woman died also. 20:33 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife. 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 20:37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Matthew 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

You knucklehead; that is the issue of the land He promised Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their multiplied seed they would ALL one day live in.

His having said I AM the God of those three is basically the assertion they will one day live in said promised land.

:doh:

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Interplanner

Jeremiah chapters 30 and 31 are one continuous revelation from GOD about the times and seasons regarding the fulfillment of the New Covenant/NT.

That's not what heb 9-10 says, so I guess we'll just have to go with you, because what on earth would Heb 9-10 know?

Gee, I also, wonder why THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS is right in the middle of the Jer 23-33 as themes go--as the high point? I wonder if it has to do with him sacrificing himself!

No one can read the last half of Hebrews and see any value on Judea as such; ch 6 warned that the land would be burnt, like the parable of Mt 22, and the end of Hebrews refers repeatedly to the Jerusalem above where all believers are. Your doctrine is phantom.

Dan 9 shows that the land would not be restored while at the same time (the ages of Heb 9:26) Messiah would accomplish all that was listed. It also says (between lines) that a restoration of land no longer matters.

SaulToPaul 2

That's not what heb 9-10 says, so I guess we'll just have to go with you, because what on earth would Heb 9-10 know?

Gee, I also, wonder why THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS is right in the middle of the Jer 23-33 as themes go--as the high point? I wonder if it has to do with him sacrificing himself!

No one can read the last half of Hebrews and see any value on Judea as such; ch 6 warned that the land would be burnt, like the parable of Mt 22, and the end of Hebrews refers repeatedly to the Jerusalem above where all believers are. Your doctrine is phantom.

Dan 9 shows that the land would not be restored while at the same time (the ages of Heb 9:26) Messiah would accomplish all that was listed. It also says (between lines) that a restoration of land no longer matters.

:chuckle: