The Holy Spirit points to the soul

Prizebeatz1

The Holy Spirit is a man-made concept that points to the soul. We can tell because it is conditional and depends on time. The traditional belief is that it did not become available until after Jesus breathed on the apostles. Access to it is therefore conditional upon something happening in time.

In contrast, the soul is unconditional and does not depend on time. It is one with the Great I am because it just IS and it is one with the timeless Alpha Omega. We have rejected and buried our connection to what is infinite and eternal in favor of something else. We need to turn away from our man-made concoctions and turn to the soul.

RBBI

Only if you want to die in your sins.....you got it backwards, except that NEITHER soul nor the Holy Spirit, are a man made concept.

Soul = mind, will, emotions and desires, the 4 parts of man that must be laid upon the altar tied down with cords of love that cannot be broken, and what Paul was speaking of when he said to make of yourself a LIVING sacrifice, a sweet smelling savor unto the Lord, and what Yeshua was speaking about when He said that no greater love has any man than this, that he lay down his LIFE for his friend.

I don't know what books you are reading, but you need to throw them out and hang onto a bible and a concordance ONLY (for a long season, and drown/baptize yourself in them and obtain wisdom from above), until like the QUEEN (feminine soul that exalts herself) of Sheba who when she saw all that Solomon possessed and all his WISDOM, you give up the ghost (there was no SOULISH breath left in her). Peace and blessings to you in your walk....

Prizebeatz1

Only if you want to die in your sins.....you got it backwards, except that NEITHER soul nor the Holy Spirit, are a man made concept.

Soul = mind, will, emotions and desires, the 4 parts of man that must be laid upon the altar tied down with cords of love that cannot be broken, and what Paul was speaking of when he said to make of yourself a LIVING sacrifice, a sweet smelling savor unto the Lord, and what Yeshua was speaking about when He said that no greater love has any man than this, that he lay down his LIFE for his friend.

I don't know what books you are reading, but you need to throw them out and hang onto a bible and a concordance ONLY (for a long season, and drown/baptize yourself in them and obtain wisdom from above), until like the QUEEN (feminine soul that exalts herself) of Sheba who when she saw all that Solomon possessed and all his WISDOM, you give up the ghost (there was no SOULISH breath left in her). Peace and blessings to you in your walk....

Notice how the personality reaches and grasps for its beliefs. It depends on them to give it a feeling of survival and the feeling of being alive. That grasping and hanging on is the personality trying to avoid being plunged into a dark abyss which it takes to be its own death and judges as bad. That abyss is actually what is infinite and eternal. What is infinite and eternal is of God. What is not is of man.

The soul is not a belief. It is the letting go of all beliefs. It just IS because it is one with The Great I Am. There is no reaching or grabbing. The soul doesn't lift a finger yet it is one with what is all-powerful. There's no looking to the future or the past because it is timeless. The path to the soul requires letting go of the personality and all its beliefs. Just remember that he who tries to hang on to their life will lose it and vice verse.

Prizebeatz1

The Holy Spirit is God's power to convert the soul from things physical to things spiritual.

That is one way out of many ways to see things. I am offering another way in this thread. Please don't think I am trying to negate anything. I am actually trying to say the Holy Spirit is much bigger and better than the traditional interpretation. I also prefer people to find out for themselves if what I'm saying is true.

Last edited:

RBBI

The soul is NOT one with G-d, if for no other reason, the carnal mind is enmity (means His enemy) to G-d, and he makes it plain it cannot be so.

Now let's talk about the "personality reaching and grabbing for it's beliefs." Have you ever found the word "ego" or such in the Word? No? Ever wonder why that is?

It's because it doesn't exist, and the One who made you, should know. It was a made up term by the Greeks, latched onto by "modern" psychoanalysts like Freud (probably molested his daughter and addicted to drugs) and Jung (also addicted to drugs and added occult studies to the mix).

What you are throwing out there came from sources like that. Not from the Holy Spirit, and certainly not new, just pushed again in about the last 220 years.

There is nothing new under the sun, the enemy of your soul will do anything, provide any worthless pursuit of study, to make sure your eyes are not focused on the One who IS worthy and CAN make a difference in your mortal condition. Peace

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also prefer people to find out for themselves if what I'm saying is true.
John,

For Unitarians like yourself, anything anyone says is "truth" for there exists no epistemological foundation for truth other than the unitarian's amorphous All is God and God is All conceptualization of God.

If you do not know who God is, or who Our Lord is, then you really know nothing for all is relative and possibly illusory (maya). For all you "know" at this very moment you could be but a butterfly dreaming you are someone called "John".

If the human self is really divine—if there is no difference between God and humans—then doesn't it seem strange that so many human beings have forgotten this? How do we account for this cosmic amnesia?

There is but one Way, that of the Triune God as revealed in Scripture, wherein we find the answers to life's big questions:

1. What kind of God, if any, actually exists?
2. Is there anything beyond the cosmos?
3. What can be known and how can anyone know it?
4. Where did I come from?
5. Who am I?
6. Where am I?
7. How should I live?
8. What should I consider of great worth?
9. What is humanity's fundamental problem?
10. How can humanity's problem be solved?
11. What is the meaning and direction of history?
12. Will I survive the death of my body and, if so, in what state?

AMR

Prizebeatz1

The soul is NOT one with G-d, if for no other reason, the carnal mind is enmity (means His enemy) to G-d, and he makes it plain it cannot be so.

Now let's talk about the "personality reaching and grabbing for it's beliefs." Have you ever found the word "ego" or such in the Word? No? Ever wonder why that is?

It's because it doesn't exist, and the One who made you, should know. It was a made up term by the Greeks, latched onto by "modern" psychoanalysts like Freud (probably molested his daughter and addicted to drugs) and Jung (also addicted to drugs and added occult studies to the mix).

What you are throwing out there came from sources like that. Not from the Holy Spirit, and certainly not new, just pushed again in about the last 220 years.

There is nothing new under the sun, the enemy of your soul will do anything, provide any worthless pursuit of study, to make sure your eyes are not focused on the One who IS worthy and CAN make a difference in your mortal condition. Peace

We can't rationalize away the fact that the personality is an imitation of the true identity.

Prizebeatz1

John,

For Unitarians like yourself, anything anyone says is "truth" for there exists no epistemological foundation for truth other than the unitarian's amorphous All is God and God is All conceptualization of God.

If you do not know who God is, or who Our Lord is, then you really know nothing for all is relative and possibly illusory (maya). For all you "know" at this very moment you could be but a butterfly dreaming you are someone called "John".

If the human self is really divine—if there is no difference between God and humans—then doesn't it seem strange that so many human beings have forgotten this? How do we account for this cosmic amnesia?

There is but one Way, that of the Triune God as revealed in Scripture, wherein we find the answers to life's big questions:

5. Who am I?
6. Where am I?
7. How should I live?

AMR

I used to think similarly. There is no mistaking God for he is infinite and eternal. The misunderstanding is making a God in man's own image as we have in Jesus. You can't make God into a man and expect it to solve our problems. We've been trying that for centuries and the results have been catastrophic because the problem of unconscious feelings of worthlessness remain unresolved. We can use the image of Jesus to help us understand a bigger concept but we cannot depend on the literal Jesus to replace our self-worth. Self-worth by definition comes from within. Do not be deceived into thinking it is okay to live without real, genuine, lasting self-worth.

I hear you about relativity. My advice is not to judge. Simply attempt to accept. The personality will come up with all kinds of rationalizations to avoid the soul at all costs. If we are so worried about the consequences then we are being propelled into the future and cast back to the past and we miss this exact moment which is where God dwells. It takes multiple times to hear this message for it to really sink in. One has to experience it really.

So Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the bible, church doctrine, etc. can serve as place markers on our path but there is no replacement for the source of true self-esteem from the soul which is our own inner divinity. Our inner divinity is unconditional and timeless just like our Creator. Most people aren't aware that they have turned their backs on this part of themselves. Remember what it was like being a child? That is what it points to. This is the reality of raising a dead man like Lazarus. This is the reality of being born again.

RBBI

There is no inner divinity apart from Christ in you, the hope of glory, and certainly the soul possesses none of her own, just like the moon has no glory of her own but reflects the glory of the sun/son, ONLY.

If you choose to argue with the creation, one of the witnesses we are given in addition to the written Word, which is also part of THE Word, the waters below the firmament, go ahead: but it won't get you very far, and only stands ready to make sure you have no excuse. Peace

Prizebeatz1

There is no inner divinity apart from Christ in you, the hope of glory, and certainly the soul possesses none of her own, just like the moon has no glory of her own but reflects the glory of the sun/son, ONLY.

If you choose to argue with the creation, one of the witnesses we are given in addition to the written Word, which is also part of THE Word, the waters below the firmament, go ahead: but it won't get you very far, and only stands ready to make sure you have no excuse. Peace

You are correct with what you say. However, the traditional way of thinking about it is not entirely accurate. I would have agreed with your statement in full 5 years ago. But now I know different. Consider what it was like when you were a child. That is what it is like when we connect with our divinity. The Christ points to this internal divinity. No one can feel good enough without it.

Most people unconsciously try to imitate the feeling of this divinity through beliefs, religions, technologies, relationships, money, careers, etc. We don't even know we're doing it and that is why the adversary has been so successful. Most people reach for the low-hanging fruit because its more popular, easy and convenient. But in the long run it is way more beneficial to connect with a tiny fragment of what is true, no matter how small. What is 0.0000000001% of infinity and eternity? "She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."" (Matthew 9:21).

Please be aware that true self-worth is not a get-rich-quick scheme. In fact it takes quite a while for things to develop. The personality has to go through a purification process that is painful and agonizing. No one wants to go through it because it feels like a thousand individual deaths. The personality gets its feelings hurt majorly. It is very difficult to accept the path to the soul in its fullness but it cannot be faked. Slow and steady wins the race. We eventually come to realize that our only function is salvation because we ARE salvation. That's all that's left when the personality disintegrates. Do not doubt.

RBBI

Well, here's the rub to that theory....I don't give a hang about traditional thinking; I'm anything but traditional, despite all mostly superficial evidence perhaps, to the contrary. I'm sort of a purist. I have the Spirit, I know the Spirit, I hear the Spirit, and if the Spirit didn't say it, didn't show it, then I'll wait until He does. And the Spirit ALWAYS has the letter Word or the creation Word for a witness. Then and only then, will I leave my "place". Peace and blessings to you in your walk.....

OCTOBER23

JESUS CAME TO EARTH TO BUILD GODLY HUMAN CHARACTER

AND TAKE THAT CHARACTER BACK TO GOD AND SEND IT DOWN

TO THE APOSTLES AS THE COMFORTER.

NOW WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHIRST TO RESIST SINS.

Rapture Pentecost 2021 , see you in the Kingdom :rapture:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
distinguishing 'terms'.....

distinguishing 'terms'.....

John,

5. Who am I?
6. Where am I?
7. How should I live?

AMR

Hi AMR,

I'm not sure you would call students of the Unity school (started by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore) 'Unitarians', since the former are students of 'New Thought' theology/philosophy, while 'Unitarians' are more traditionally understood to be those who claim only one Singular Being as 'God' (God the Father), and Jesus his Son, but deny the traditional-orthodox concept of the Trinity (that 'God' is comprised of 3 persons). So we might have a confusion of terms here. I know the Unity School from my Graduate studies in 'Divine Science' which is also a 'New Thought' school, with similar principles as Unity.

See: Spiritual Science ( a few commentaries some years back on Divine Science principles)

~*~*~

See: Unitarianism (quite different than New Thought)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
soul musings.............

soul musings.............

The Holy Spirit is a man-made concept that points to the soul. We can tell because it is conditional and depends on time. The traditional belief is that it did not become available until after Jesus breathed on the apostles. Access to it is therefore conditional upon something happening in time.

In contrast, the soul is unconditional and does not depend on time. It is one with the Great I am because it just IS and it is one with the timeless Alpha Omega. We have rejected and buried our connection to what is infinite and eternal in favor of something else. We need to turn away from our man-made concoctions and turn to the soul.

Much depends on how we define 'soul' of course, and different religious schools or traditions have their own 'specs' so to speak. Then we have further differentiation between the terms 'soul' and 'spirit' and these can further complicate matters. One course is to distinguish between aspects of the human person that are 'perishable'(mortal) and 'non-perishable' (immortal), and how aspects of both may inter-mesh or associate during any given incarnation, as the 'mortal' aspects of the soul dies (disintegrates) at the end of a given life-time, while the immortal aspect continues on in some form (either into the spirit-worlds or re-incarnates again to assume a new personality in a material world).

So, there is a lot more here to consider, although a simple observation as you propose is that the 'soul' is the eternal/immortal/infinite aspect of man, while the physical body/assumed personality/mortal 'ego'.... is more or less temporal. Such a dichotomoy is germane to older philosophical schools such as the Greek and Vedic traditions, while other schools differentiate the 'mortal' and 'immortal' aspects a person which are shared in human experience, undergoing various transformations or possibilities.

With that preface, perhaps you can expand on the concept. Most within a biblical-context have their definition of 'soul' mapped out, from a Judeo-Christian POV, it being some conscious center of a person which includes their will, emotions, feelings, conscience, imagination, etc. From an OT perspective, humans are 'living souls' which do die (unless resurrected by God). This 'soul' from a more Jewish perspective is not inherently 'immortal', but is thoroughly 'mortal', and is not given life (immortal or otherwise) except by God as a 'gift'. - this is carried over for those who hold the 'conditional immortality' view among Christians. These do not believe in some kind of innate 'immortality' of the soul, because they see the Jewish scriptures do not teach it, it being borrowed from Greek philosophy by the early church fathers.

Anyways,....its tuff for some to believe that they have anything divine or immortal about them, or within their own being. Chalk it up to 'self-image' or a concept of 'self-worth' however that's related, but I'm sure you'll have a creative discourse on that. The challenge is getting thru all the presupposed/prefigured doctrines/assumptions/concepts about the soul first, before making any break-thru....and then 'relating' that in any meaningful or significant way.

Zeke

Sure glad I turned in my labels, Perfect Love cast out fear planted by historic religion, I see it in the responses still in servitude to a religious idea that determines destiny through saying and thinking the right things when its that very persona that needs to be crucified to be all things to all people.