The High Priest needs to be of Aaron.

TrevorL

Greetings Jacob,
Jesus is the High Priest after the order of Melchizedek and supersedes the Order of Aaron:
Psalm 110:1-4 (KJV): 1 {A Psalm of David.} The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 5:1–12 (KJV): 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. 4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. 5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; 10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. 11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Jacob,
Jesus is the High Priest after the order of Melchizedek and supersedes the Order of Aaron:
Psalm 110:1-4 (KJV): 1 {A Psalm of David.} The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 5:1–12 (KJV): 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. 4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. 5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; 10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. 11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Kind regards
Trevor
Israel is a Kingdom of Priests. The High Priest is of Levi and Aaron.

beameup

The "kingdom of priests" are Melchizedek Priests and will be every Israeli male with the exception of those serving in the land allotted to the Levites.
You are obviously ignorant of Ezekiel chapters 40-48, where it describes the Messianic Kingdom in great detail.
The Great High Priest and King of Israel is of the order of Melchizedek and of the line of David.

However, during the Great Tribulation, there very well could be a Levitical High Priest in the Tabernacle/Temple.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jacob,
Do you have any suggestion of when and how this Priesthood will be restored, and is there a nominated descendant already who can prove his ancestry, perhaps a Cohen? I would be interested in how you define “Israel”. Is this speaking of the nation of Israel in the land today, or the religion sometimes known as Judaism? The nation in the land today is in a sense secular, even though the Chief Rabbinate holds some power and influence. There is some disagreement between the Chief Rabbinate and the many liberal Rabbis in America and elsewhere. Are the Jews outside the land also considered to be part of Israel if they have not yet exercised their right of return?

You have not explained how you understand the order of Melchizedek Psalm 110:1-4, where David’s Lord, the Messiah is stated to be after the order of Melchizedek for ever. The Messiah, the future King of Israel was to be a descendant of David and hence of the Tribe of Judah. But he will also be a priest, that is the High Priest, and he is to live for ever. I believe that Isaiah 6:1 is a vision of this future King-Priest, the King who will sit on David’s throne in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-4. No potential candidate of the tribe of Levi could fulfill this role.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The "kingdom of priests" are Melchizedek Priests and will be every Israeli male with the exception of those serving in the land allotted to the Levites.
You are obviously ignorant of Ezekiel chapters 40-48, where it describes the Messianic Kingdom in great detail.
The Great High Priest and King of Israel is of the order of Melchizedek and of the line of David.

However, during the Great Tribulation, there very well could be a Levitical High Priest in the Tabernacle/Temple.

You are incorrect.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Jacob,
Do you have any suggestion of when and how this Priesthood will be restored, and is there a nominated descendant already who can prove his ancestry, perhaps a Cohen? I would be interested in how you define “Israel”. Is this speaking of the nation of Israel in the land today, or the religion sometimes known as Judaism? The nation in the land today is in a sense secular, even though the Chief Rabbinate holds some power and influence. There is some disagreement between the Chief Rabbinate and the many liberal Rabbis in America and elsewhere. Are the Jews outside the land also considered to be part of Israel if they have not yet exercised their right of return?

You have not explained how you understand the order of Melchizedek Psalm 110:1-4, where David’s Lord, the Messiah is stated to be after the order of Melchizedek for ever. The Messiah, the future King of Israel was to be a descendant of David and hence of the Tribe of Judah. But he will also be a priest, that is the High Priest, and he is to live for ever. I believe that Isaiah 6:1 is a vision of this future King-Priest, the King who will sit on David’s throne in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-4. No potential candidate of the tribe of Levi could fulfill this role.

Kind regards
Trevor

I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I observe the Torah and accept the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Yeshua is not of Levi but He is our High Priest. He is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. He holds his priesthood permanently. The High Priest can only be of Levi. He must be of Aaron. You spoke of Messiah. Also, what you have said I believe to be incorrect.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Your still doing it. No evidence, no proof only your own opinion. You cant preach your own opinion. You need to prove what you say with scripture, or atleast have some evidence. Which you don't. Your own opinion is worthless without evidence.

[Heb 7:11-17
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For [it is] evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
17 For He testifies: "You [are] a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your still doing it. No evidence, no proof only your own opinion. You cant preach your own opinion. You need to prove what you say with scripture, or atleast have some evidence. Which you don't. Your own opinion is worthless without evidence.

[Heb 7:11-17
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For [it is] evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
17 For He testifies: "You [are] a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."
With all respect Squeaky there was nothing to prove.

Do you know that you are continually misusing the word your?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your two statements were exact opposites. It is impossible for two exact opposites to both be true. It's just that simple.
I did not say that either statement is correct. I encourage you not to accept these kind of statements. Either you know that someone could misunderstand or you misunderstand yourself.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jacob,
I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I observe the Torah and accept the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.
I watch some Israeli news and there is some discussion that the Chief Rabbinate does not accept some of the conversions to Judaism by various American Rabbis. I am interested in whether you agree with their authority. The Chief Rabbinate exercise their power and are in effect endorsed by the government of Israel. If you acknowledge their authority, many converts in America cannot exercise the right to return and in effect are not part of Israel and the kingdom of priests.
Yeshua is not of Levi but He is our High Priest. He is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. He holds his priesthood permanently. The High Priest can only be of Levi. He must be of Aaron. You spoke of Messiah. Also, what you have said I believe to be incorrect.
Yes, we disagree. There will not be two High Priests, one of Levi and the other Yeshua. The Levitical High Priest ceased to minister when he ripped his garment and also when the veil of the Temple was rent in two.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Jacob, I watch some Israeli news and there is some discussion that the Chief Rabbinate does not accept some of the conversions to Judaism by various American Rabbis. I am interested in whether you agree with their authority. The Chief Rabbinate exercise their power and are in effect endorsed by the government of Israel. If you acknowledge their authority, many converts in America cannot exercise the right to return and in effect are not part of Israel and the kingdom of priests. Yes, we disagree. There will not be two High Priests, one of Levi and the other Yeshua. The Levitical High Priest ceased to minister when he ripped his garment and also when the veil of the Temple was rent in two.

Kind regards
Trevor
You are incorrect. As for your statement about a right of return I do not know what you are talking about. Israel? And of course I am for the Chief Rabbinate over American Rabbis, though not over Rabbis, understood I hope. The Chief Rabbi of Israel okayed a surgery that I had done on my mouth. Do you accept the Sanhedrin as I do?

TrevorL

Greetings again Jacob,
You are incorrect. As for your statement about a right of return I do not know what you are talking about. Israel? And of course I am for the Chief Rabbinate over American Rabbis, though not over Rabbis, understood I hope. The Chief Rabbi of Israel okayed a surgery that I had done on my mouth. Do you accept the Sanhedrin as I do?
No. I believe that God has brought again the children of Israel back to the land in anticipation of their conversion at the return of Jesus. They will then accept him as their Messiah, their King and their High Priest.

Kind regards
Trevor