The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
that's right STP, I wouldn't pass you on Greek grammar if you tried your Gal 2 tricks. 'Euangelizo' is one gospel and there are ways in Greek of saying that they were preaching different ones, namely, '(verb) tes euangeles.'

Like your saint Judas, who you assert preached this "one gospel?"

Luke 9:6 KJV

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......We smell your sulfur....

God's Truth

Clueless. The Lord Jesus Christ followed, fulfilled the law-baptism was one of the righteous requirements of the law, as you have been shown.

So, sit down, shut up, and sober up, perverter of the gospel of Christ.

By that "argument," go to a cross.

The law and the prophets were preached UNTIL John the baptizer.

Matthew 11:13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

Show from the scriptures in the old law were people repented of their sins and were baptized as Jesus was.

The word "baptismos" is the only one that is about the Old Testament "ceremonial washings" of articles.

God's Truth

He does not look upon the outward man but upon the heart. Water baptism, like any ritual, is outward. Fleshly. Carnal. It indicates NOTHING about a heart.

A person who does whatever God says to do is showing what is in their heart.

Acts 13:22 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'

Can't water baptize yourself.

We can do that.

As if your pledge means anything to God in light of the finished work of Christ. You are truly stunning in your arrogance, there is no one on all of TOL as self-righteous as you.

How do you ever get that God is pleased with you saying it is somehow shameful to do what His Son says to do?

Interplanner

A person who does whatever God says to do is showing what is in their heart.

Acts 13:22 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'

We can do that.

How do you ever get that God is pleased with you saying it is somehow shameful to do what His Son says to do?

Jesus did the baptism FOR US. Not as a model for our actions. That's why right after he says: he did it to fulfill all righteousness.

God's Truth

Jesus did the baptism FOR US. Not as a model for our actions. That's why right after he says: he did it to fulfill all righteousness.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he CHOOSES whom he will save.

HE CHOOSES those who believe in him and do right.

One of MANY scriptures that PROVE those who OBEY are given the Holy Spirit:

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

You cannot dismiss not one scripture.

Interplanner

Jesus told that same group to tell. So there goes your theory.

This limitation by Jesus to me has much less to do with 'theology' as with crowd management and timing. There was such a craze for the Christ, partly because of the end of the 490 years, that all the misconceptions would come to the surface and needed to be discarded, dismissed. It was best to keep doing that until finally they could see from the brilliance of the events of the Gospel itself, that another definition was intended.

God's Truth

This limitation by Jesus to me has much less to do with 'theology' as with crowd management and timing. There was such a craze for the Christ, partly because of the end of the 490 years, that all the misconceptions would come to the surface and needed to be discarded, dismissed. It was best to keep doing that until finally they could see from the brilliance of the events of the Gospel itself, that another definition was intended.

I agree with you, but I was merely speaking to Tambora on her terms. I hope you understand.

Interplanner

I know your fav thing is character assassination, so I wanted you to know that virtually the first article I ever had published between programs was on 'the weak and miserable elements of the world' in Col 2 and Gal 4. it was in Baptist Reformation Review by J. Zens. About 1978 I think. It was about the Greek, the grammar and the historical setting. And you? Or do you ever look in a mirror?

Interplanner

:chuckle:

Pretend Greek Expert...

But yeah, you are way to busy with 2P2P to pay attention to grammar.

btw, cite the passages that say your first 4 feasts were fulfilled, the way that Lk 9 says the exodus was fulfilled, or Mt 1. I mean, where the apostles actually said so. No secret knowledge from the 2P2P gang.

I think you'll find that they were fulfilled in Christ generally, which is what we are supposed to see about the other 3 you think are not fulfilled. But they will not be fulfilled in Judaism restored.

SaulToPaul 2

But yeah, you are way to busy with 2P2P to pay attention to grammar.

btw, cite the passages that say your first 4 feasts were fulfilled, the way that Lk 9 says the exodus was fulfilled, or Mt 1. I mean, where the apostles actually said so. No secret knowledge from the 2P2P gang.

I think you'll find that they were fulfilled in Christ generally, which is what we are supposed to see about the other 3 you think are not fulfilled. But they will not be fulfilled in Judaism restored.

Do you not know when the LORD fulfilled Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Pentecost?

Status
Not open for further replies.