The Gospel Verses the Catholic Church

Robert Pate

Banned
You are still not answering my question: is there a probability that some Catholics or protestants have saving faith?
Also, you tell us that none of the apostles taught a religion. Well, you are wrong about that:
James 1:26-27 NASB.
26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
which shows that your position is unbiblical.

James was a Judaizer. A judaizer is one that believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses.

fishrovmen

I may be one of those heretics ha But I hope that doesn't mean we can't have good conversations and pick at each other! :D

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

If you look through Pates 100's of threads that all say the same thing, just a different word order, you will quickly see that everyone and anyone who doesn't agree with him is labeled by him as such. No need for him to sufficiently answer your questions; when he realizes that he has no answer he just starts another thread. Welcome to the forum and I wish you luck with Pate and hope you have a lot of patience for non answers, deflections, contradictions...you'll see.

njspolk

If you look through Pates 100's of threads that all say the same thing, just a different word order, you will quickly see that everyone and anyone who doesn't agree with him is labeled by him as such. No need for him to sufficiently answer your questions; when he realizes that he has no answer he just starts another thread. Welcome to the forum and I wish you luck with Pate and hope you have a lot of patience for non answers, deflections, contradictions...you'll see.

Thanks tor the welcome. Hopefully he's a little more reasonable than that. I'll make a thread and see where it goes from there haha

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
James was a Judaizer. A judaizer is one that believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses.

Is that why he said, "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood?" (Acts 15:19-20)

So no idolatry, no fornication, no meats not properly bled, and no ingestion of biohazards. Yeah, how mean is that?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

OK, thanks, I've got it.
a) You won't answer my question.
b) It doesn't matter what you think James was. That is your opinion. And it is a wrong opinion. James was an apostle. You can't deny this. Which disproves your case.

Thanks for demonstrating that you are closed to debate full of prejudice against those who happen to not be just like you..

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Is that why he said, "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood?" (Acts 15:19-20)

So no idolatry, no fornication, no meats not properly bled, and no ingestion of biohazards. Yeah, how mean is that?

When James found out that he couldn't curcumcise those Gentiles believers. He was not about to let them go without laying some law on them, Acts 15:20, 21.

Robert Pate

Banned
OK, thanks, I've got it.
a) You won't answer my question.
b) It doesn't matter what you think James was. That is your opinion. And it is a wrong opinion. James was an apostle. You can't deny this. Which disproves your case.

Thanks for demonstrating that you are closed to debate.

It is unlikely that anyone that is a Catholic or a Protestant will have saving faith. If they had saving faith they would not need a religion. The just that live by faith, live by faith in Christ and not faith in a religion.

Robert Pate

Banned

There is a correct way to believe and have faith, you have not found it yet.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is unlikely that anyone that is a Catholic or a Protestant will have saving faith. If they had saving faith they would not need a religion. The just that live by faith, live by faith in Christ and not faith in a religion.
You've gone from probably to unlikely. What you haven't done is to answer the question: is it possible for some Catholics or some protestants to have saving faith? Since you say it is unlikely, which means less than 50% probable, then it must mean that you do believe this. That some Catholics or protestants do have saving faith. You can't deny this.

And you can't deny either that James was an apostle. And your point was that none of the apostles taught a religion. Clearly James did. No matter what else he did he was an apostle. No matter what else he did, he taught a religion. You cannot deny this. So your position is utterly in shreds. All that is holding it together is your blind prejudice against those who you think are religious. Take a look at yourself. You are not a free man. You are bound by your own prejudice. All this talk about openness and about free will is not much good if, once you have it, you allow yourself to be ensnared by such things.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When James found out that he couldn't curcumcise those Gentiles believers. He was not about to let them go without laying some law on them, Acts 15:20, 21.

Therefore I (James) judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath. (Acts 15:19-21)​

Those who wanted Mosaic law were directed to Jewish synagogues where that law is taught.

Robert Pate

Banned
Therefore I (James) judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath. (Acts 15:19-21)​

Those who wanted Mosaic law were directed to Jewish synagogues where that law is taught.

Yea, and James laid it on them.

Cruciform

Catholicism is a man conceived religion.
Only in the sense that Jesus Christ was a man, and commissioned his human apostles and bishops to build his Church.

There is nothing in the New Testament that resembles the Catholic religion...

Categorically refuted (yet again) HERE.

Catholics believe that Man's old Adamic nature can be rehabilitated and made pleasing to God by works, which they call by grace or by an infused righteousness.

The biblical teaching regarding salvation can be viewed HERE and HERE.

So much for Pate's entirely sectarian opinions regarding what Catholics supposedly believe and teach. :yawn:

Robert Pate

Banned
Only in the sense that Jesus Christ was a man, and commissioned his human apostles and bishops to build his Church.

Categorically refuted (yet again) HERE.

The biblical teaching regarding salvation can be viewed HERE and HERE.

So much for Pate's entirely sectarian opinions regarding what Catholics supposedly believe and teach. :yawn:

Paul spent over 20 years of his life preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

During that time he didn't construct one holy Cathedral.

Holy Cathedrals are the result of Catholicism.