ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

A copy of that description of the content of Blades' book, Satan and His Plan of Evil, just in case it is removed from that site, sometime in the future.

https://www.worldcat.org/title/satan-and-his-plan-of-evil-a-survey-of-the-biblical-doctrine/oclc/302419044

398 pages ; 21 cm
Contents: Preface / Introduction / Satan --the adversary of God: from Lucifer to Satan, the formulation of the plan of evil, the implementation of the plan of evil, summary / God's response to the plan of evil: the lake of fire, the plan for the repossession of the earth, "the mystery"- the "hidden wisdom" of God, summary / Satan's policy of evil as the "Prince of the World": "the course of this world", "worshiping the creature more than the creator", Genesis 4-11, summary / The creation of the nation of Israel: the Abrahamic covenant, the gesture of possession, Jacob's dream and the name "Israel", Moses' song of triumph, the "kingdom of priests and an holy nation", the testimony of the prophets, summary / Satan's policy of evil against Israel: the goal of Satan's policy of evil against Israel, a synopsis of the policy of evil until Christ, the success of Satan's policy of evil against Israel, summary / The kingdom of heaven "at hand" and the judging of "the prince of the world": the "gospel of the kingdom", Satan's tempting of Christ, the signs of the kingdom, the "binding of the strong man", the battle on the cross, the readiness for the Lord's day, Acts 1-7, summary / The revelation of "the mystery"- the "hidden wisdom of God": the apostle Paul --the new apostle and the new dispensation, Israel's program is only temporarily suspended, the "new creation" --the "one new man", the "wisdom of God in a mystery", the principalities and powers in heavenly places, the grandeur of the "mystery of God's will" and his "manifold wisdom", the "vocation" of the "new creation", the end of this dispensation of grace, "rightly dividing the word of truth", summary / Satan's policy of evil in this dispensation: the privilege of Ephesians 3:9-12, the goal of Satan's policy of evil today, wrestling against principalities and powers, the "wiles of the devil", three major ploys, phase one-attack the message, phase two-attack the messenger, phase three-discredit or discourage the messenger, "the whole armour of God", the pieces of the armour, summary / The "lord's day" of reconciliation and the destruction of Satan's plan of evil: the commencement of the lord's day, the heavenly places reconciled first, the repossession of the earth, the kingdom of heaven established, summary / The "dispensation of the fullness of times" / The gospel of God's grace --a special target of Satan's attack: "another gospel", the destruction of grace, the natural appeal of the false gospels, "the lie" regarding human righteousness, cooperating with the policy of evil, misstatements of God's requirement, slandering the grace of God, what must be done / Epilogue / Appendix.
Responsibility: by Keith R. Blades.

2 Timothy 2:15

Last edited:

Danoh

A copy of Nancy Paulson's synopsis of that part of Blades' book referred to in the book as "Satan's Policy of Evil in the Dispensation of Grace."

http://www.oocities.org/ambassadors4christ/writings/paulson/policy.html

The revelation of the mystery was a death blow to Satan's plan of evil. The heavenly places had seemed to be secure. Up until the time the mystery was revealed to the Apostle Paul, God had been focusing on mere men who could not exist nor function in the heavenly realm.

Satan had formulated a plan to be like the Most High God (Isaiah 14:13-14) but this had turned out to be his "undoing".

God made a "public display of Satan and his cohorts in the cross of Christ" (Colossians 2:14-15). How Satan must hate this "new revelation" and the new creation that is now being formed. Satan has declared war! (Once again) He wants to obliterate if not obscure the knowledge of the mystery of Christ.

Just as Satan constructed a policy of evil against the nation of Israel so he has constructed a policy of evil against the body of Christ.

Paul uses these words and phrases to describe Satan's policy of evil:

Wiles of the devil
Wrestling against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places
Fiery darts of the wicked

Paul warns of:

Satan's devices
Satan's subtlety
Being beguiled by him
Being falsely persuaded
Being spoiled
Being deceived
Paul alerts us to the operations of:

Satan's ministers in disguise

Counterfeit signs
Seducing spirits
Doctrines of devils
Doctrines of false prophets
Doctrines of another spirit
Seducers
Forms of godliness
Paul tells us to be on guard against:

Winds of doctrine

Slight men and cunning craftiness
Giving place to the devil
Turning aside after Satan
Being taken in the snare of the devil
Giving Satan opportunity to speak reproachfully

Paul also warns of:

Extra Biblical revelation
Profane and vain babblings
Heeding old wives fables
Deceitful workers coming in the name of Christ
The major ingredient of Satan's policy of evil today is DECEPTION.

Satan's contempt for us as the new creation goes beyond recognizing who and what we are in God's plan and purpose.

(Ephesians 3:8-12 KJV) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; {9} And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: {10} To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, {11} According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: {12} In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

The church, the body of Christ, is privileged with bearing a testimony to God's glory before the principalities and powers in the heavenly places.

How do we make known the manifold wisdom of God?

The celebrating and displaying of the manifold wisdom of God happens when the body of Christ understands and appreciates the mystery just like Paul did. When we come to understand Paul's knowledge of the mystery we make an impact to the glory of God's genius in the face of the principalities and powers in the heavenly places. We do not see the impact made, nor do we hear of it but it is made.

Israel's impact is on the earth --"Law contract"

The Body of Christ's impact is in the heaven --"Mystery of Christ"

Satan's policy of evil is to minimize or eliminate this impact in the heavenlies by mocking God and speaking of us reproachfully in the heavenly places.

Satan desires the members of the body of Christ to be tossed to and fro, carried about by every wind of doctrine (Ephesians 4:14), not even knowing for themselves what is the fellowship of the mystery.

The result: Christians do not know the manifold wisdom of God and are kept ignorant of what is needed for them to make an impact in the heavenlies.

The new creation is slandered, ridiculed and defamed when the Body of Christ members are ignorant of God's manifold wisdom and act contrary to God's program that He is administering in this dispensation of grace.

Satan is at work to keep Christians ignorant of the "mystery of Christ" but not of the Bible as a whole. His goal is to keep members of the Body of Christ as "children", that is, doctrinally immature and not growing up into Christ "unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13).

Satan desires Christians into believing things that they should not believe. Hence, he doctrinally blinds them so they do not see and know what God wants them to know.

Paul uses the term "devil" instead of the name "Satan" to emphasize the tactics and ploys against us. "Devil" means slanderer, accuser; one who lays charges or makes accusations against us. The terms speaks of one who, especially with malicious intent, seeks to malign your character, attack your reputation, foul or besmirch your name, or slander you and belittle you in the eyes of others, particularly by speaking against you with vilifying, abusive, or reviling accusations and remarks.

Satan's goal is to carry out spiritual wickedness against us in the heavenly places in contrast to God speaking well of us in Christ Jesus. Satan is most effective when Christians get caught up in the contrary doctrine of what God is doing today.

Satan has declared war on the message of the "mystery of Christ".

Source: Satan and His Plan of Evil by Keith Blades

The book is MUST HAVE.

Plain and simple.

Jerry Shugart

Only you know Jerry, Teach us.

Just as I thought. You don't know what the "house rules" are for the present dispensation. I am waiting on Clete to answer that so I will tell you what the "house rules" are for the dispensation of the law.

The Mosaic Covenant was given to the Jews for the following purpose in "bold":

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation" (Ex.19:5-6).​

According to prophecy the nation of Israel will bring the knowledge of the Lord to the rest of the world:

"And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed" (Isa.61:8-9).​

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee" (Isa.55:3,5).​

"And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:13,23).​

That is why the Lord Jesus said the following to the Jews:

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews"
(jn.4:22).​

Then later the Lord Jesus gave the Jews the following marching orders:

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8).​

Since the Apostles knew that the prophecies I mentioned earlier demonstrated that it would be a "glorified nation" that believed in the Lord Jesus who would go to the nations they never went because they were waiting for that to happen.

In the meantime, Stephen was killed by the Jews. So let us look at the following verse in order to understand that at this point in time Israel was temporarily cast aside as the LORD's stewards:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come"
(Mt.12:31-32).

In The Berean Searchlight Win Johnson wrote:

"These words of warning came from the lips of the Son of God while He walked among men in His earthly ministry. They were addressed to the religious leaders of the nation Israel. Their blasphemy against Him even when He hung on the Cross was forgiven by the Father in answer to the prayer, 'Father forgive them, for they know not what they do' (Luke 23:34).

"But when at Pentecost, Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, announced the return of Messiah on the condition of Israel's national repentance, these leaders instigated a persecution that reached its climax in the stoning of Stephen, a godly man, 'full of the Holy Ghost' (Acts 7:54-60). It was here that the 'unpardonable sin' was committed by Israel's leaders. The Third Person of the Trinity had been blasphemed and His pleadings through the Apostles ignored. This sin will never be forgiven"
(Win Johnson, "The Unpardonable Sin," The Berean Searchlight, Feb.2001, p.6).​

The "unpardonable sin" was committed at Acts 7, and I believe that at that point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. I believe that at that time the Holy Spirit baptized all believers into the Church, which is His Body.

It was no coincidence that when Israel was temporarily set aside that Paul first comes into view. He was right there when Stephen was stoned and he gave his approval to that act:

"And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem... (Acts 8:1).

John Nelson Darby writes that "Saul was present at Stephen's death, and consenting to it. This is the end of the first phase of the assembly of God-its history in immediate connection with Jerusalem and the Jews, as the centre to which the work of the apostles related, 'beginning at Jerusalem'..." [emphasis added] (John Darby's Synopsis of the Entire Bible; Commentary at Acts 8).

Therefore, according to Darby, Israel remained the focus of the LORD's purposes as late as the seventh chapter of Acts. When Paul was saved on the Damascus road he commissioned to usher in a new dispensation, the "dispensation of the grace of God" (Eph.3:2).

While on the earth the Lord Jesus spoke words to the Jews who lived under the law which would enable them to become saved and spiritually alive so they could fulfill the commission he gave to them:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Could you please tell me why anyone should believe that it took more than His "word" to become spiritually alive, especially with His following words in view which He spoke to those who lived under the law?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:11).​

Danoh

Lastly...

http://www.bereanworkman.com/miscellaneous/wise.html

Why the mystery?

by Nancy Paulson

Why did God hide what He was going to do in this dispensation of the grace of God?

(1 Corinthians 2:6-8) Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: {7} But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: {8} Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

To understand God why kept some wisdom hidden we need to look at Job 5:13:

(Job 5:13) He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

Satan had a wise plan:

(Isaiah 14:12-14) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! {13} For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: {14} I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

The Bible defines “most High” as the one who possess the heaven and earth.

(Genesis 14:19) And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
(Genesis 14:22) And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

Keith Blades in his book 'Satan and His Policy of Evil' writes concerning Satan's wise plan: "After formulating his plan of evil, Satan went about implementing it by acquiring for himself the necessary allegiance of creatures in both the heavenly and earthly realms. By doing so he usurped the dominion of the heavenly places and became the “prince of the power of the air.” Through the fall of Adam he acquired the dominion of the earth and became the “prince of the world.” With both positions intact, Satan possessed the means for putting his plan of evil into effect and realizing his objective of being “like the most High.”"

Up until the Apostle Paul it was only revealed, (i.e. spoken by the mouth of the holy prophets) that God was going to restore his rule and authority in the earth.

Satan thought that he knew it all and no secret could be kept from him:

(Ezekiel 28:3-4) Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee: {4} With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:
However, God had a secret:

(Romans 16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

The mystery revelation that was revealed to the Apostle Paul shows that God is wiser than Satan (in other words, God hid a secret from him). It is through the very thing that Satan thought he would secure his being like the “most High” (by crucifying the Lord Jesus Christ) that proved to be his downfall.

(1 Corinthians 1:18-19) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. {19} For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
(1 Corinthians 2:7-8) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: {8} Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
(Ephesians 3:3-5) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, {4} Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) {5} Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
(Ephesians 1:9-11) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: {10} That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: {11} In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

The “all things” are defined for us in Colossians:

(Colossians 1:16-20) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: {17} And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. {18} And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. {19} For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; {20} And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

The “all things” are positions of governmental authority in heaven and on earth and these will be reconciled unto God. From Genesis 1 to Acts 9, we read about God’s purpose to put His rule and authority on the earth through a kingdom vested in the nation of Israel.

But Paul reveals that hidden purpose in which God will restore the heavenly places:

(Ephesians 2:4-7) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, {5} Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) {6} And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: {7} That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
(Ephesians 3:9-11) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: {10} To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, {11} According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

All this to show that there is only one wise God:

(1 Timothy 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
(Jude 1:25) To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen.

Danoh

Just as I thought. You don't know what the "house rules" are for the present dispensation. I am waiting on Clete to answer that so I will tell you what the "house rules" are for the dispensation of the law.

The Mosaic Covenant was given to the Jews for the following purpose in "bold":

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation" (Ex.19:5-6).​

According to prophecy the nation of Israel will bring the knowledge of the Lord to the rest of the world:

"And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed" (Isa.61:8-9).​

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee" (Isa.55:3,5).​

"And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:13,23).​

That is why the Lord Jesus said the following to the Jews:

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews"
(jn.4:22).​

Then later the Lord Jesus gave the Jews the following marching orders:

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8).​

Since the Apostles knew that the prophecies I mentioned earlier demonstrated that it would be a "glorified nation" that believed in the Lord Jesus who would go to the nations they never went because they were waiting for that to happen.

In the meantime, Stephen was killed by the Jews. So let us look at the following verse in order to understand that at this point in time Israel was temporarily cast aside as the LORD's stewards:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come"
(Mt.12:31-32).

In The Berean Searchlight Win Johnson wrote:

"These words of warning came from the lips of the Son of God while He walked among men in His earthly ministry. They were addressed to the religious leaders of the nation Israel. Their blasphemy against Him even when He hung on the Cross was forgiven by the Father in answer to the prayer, 'Father forgive them, for they know not what they do' (Luke 23:34).

"But when at Pentecost, Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, announced the return of Messiah on the condition of Israel's national repentance, these leaders instigated a persecution that reached its climax in the stoning of Stephen, a godly man, 'full of the Holy Ghost' (Acts 7:54-60). It was here that the 'unpardonable sin' was committed by Israel's leaders. The Third Person of the Trinity had been blasphemed and His pleadings through the Apostles ignored. This sin will never be forgiven"
(Win Johnson, "The Unpardonable Sin," The Berean Searchlight, Feb.2001, p.6).​

The "unpardonable sin" was committed at Acts 7, and I believe that at that point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. I believe that at that time the Holy Spirit baptized all believers into the Church, which is His Body.

It was no coincidence that when Israel was temporarily set aside that Paul first comes into view. He was right there when Stephen was stoned and he gave his approval to that act:

"And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem... (Acts 8:1).

John Nelson Darby writes that "Saul was present at Stephen's death, and consenting to it. This is the end of the first phase of the assembly of God-its history in immediate connection with Jerusalem and the Jews, as the centre to which the work of the apostles related, 'beginning at Jerusalem'..." [emphasis added] (John Darby's Synopsis of the Entire Bible; Commentary at Acts 8).

Therefore, according to Darby, Israel remained the focus of the LORD's purposes as late as the seventh chapter of Acts. When Paul was saved on the Damascus road he commissioned to usher in a new dispensation, the "dispensation of the grace of God" (Eph.3:2).

While on the earth the Lord Jesus spoke words to the Jews who lived under the law which would enable them to become saved and spiritually alive so they could fulfill the commission he gave to them:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Could you please tell me why anyone should believe that it took more than His "word" to become spiritually alive, especially with His following words in view which He spoke to those who lived under the law?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:11).​

Lol - you call that "a clear breakdown of these two dispensations"?

Yah, yah, okay, if you say so.

:chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Just as I thought. You don't know what the "house rules" are for the present dispensation.
I didn't say that I didn't know. You sure come off as arrogant with statements like that.

I am waiting on Clete to answer that so I will tell you what the "house rules" are for the dispensation of the law.
Who cares what you're waiting for?

Is it too hard for you to simply make a couple of lists?

Jerry Shugart

Lol - you call that "a clear breakdown of these two dispensations"?

You are a big talker but you said nothing that proves anything which I said is in error.

But what could anyone expect from someone who cannot even understand the following plain words of the Lord spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:11).​

It is those who believe God who are justified in the eyes of God but you prove over and over that you don't believe His words:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (Ro.4:3).​

You just flat out deny His words!

Jerry Shugart

Because during the present dispensation there is but "one baptism" (Eph.4:5) and that one baptism is this one:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

glorydaz

It is those who believe God who are justified in the eyes of God but you prove over and over that you don't believe His words:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (Ro.4:3).​

You just flat out deny His words!

Yet here we see James ask, "Can faith save him?"

James 2:13-14 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. 14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?​

God's Truth

Yet here we see James ask, "Can faith save him?"

James 2:13-14 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. 14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?​

Not faith alone.

Abraham believed and OBEYED God BEFORE the scripture speaking of Abraham's faith:

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; 4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Abraham's faith was even tested:

James 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did

glorydaz

Not faith alone.

Abraham believed and OBEYED God BEFORE the scripture speaking of Abraham's faith:

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; 4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Abraham's faith was even tested:

James 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did

Which shows the point being made...that faith plus works were required by God in prior dispensations.

Not true, however, in the present dispensation.

God's Truth

No, I'm saying you are foolish for not understanding what is so clearly explained to you.

James says to the people they are foolish if they think faith alone saves, and that faith alone is worthless.

You say Paul taught a faith alone dispensation.

So then, according to James, Paul taught a foolish and worthless dispensation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
James says to the people they are foolish if they think faith alone saves, and that faith alone is worthless.

False dichotomy.

Neither are foolish.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
James calls the people foolish for thinking faith alone saves.
So then what is written by Paul in the Bible is foolishness. Is that what you're saying? That the Bible contains foolishness?

Because that's what Paul said, that we are saved by grace through faith, and not of ourselves, not of works, lest any man should boast.

God's Truth

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Those scriptures are where Paul explains that only faith in Jesus' blood cleans us and not the blood of animals and special baths, food, and circumcision.

No one has to work to clean themselves because Jesus does it now.

It means we don't have to get circumcised and adhere to a special diet and sacrifice animals. It does not mean we no longer have to obey and repent of sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.