ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosixx

:chuckle:

Good one, turbo.

Have I, or have I not, repeatedly advised you to at least read the first five books of the Bible that various things described in the Prophets, and in the NT, are based on, and even some things Paul every so often describes in his writings.

There is a reason why he used the phrase "THE cloud" while addressing those Israelites in the Body at Corinth.

Because THEY would know what he was talking about by his mention of "THE cloud."

Heck, even the most BASIC of word studies - in - the - OT - lazy - makes - it - OBVIOUS why he said "THE cloud" - WHAT he'd meant by "THE cloud."

Very well, lazy, I'll do that much for ya...

Exodus 13:17 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:

13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

13:22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Exodus 16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.

Exodus 19:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD.

Exodus 24:15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.

Exodus 24:16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Exodus 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.

Exodus 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

Exodus 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

Exodus 40:36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys:

Exodus 40:38 For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

Leviticus 16:2 And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.

Numbers 9:16 So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

And so on..duh-uh.

"Study to shew thyself approved" turbo, your reading your own ideas into things is not...what cutting straight the word of truth is about, 2 Tim. 2:15.

Time you took a hiatus and invested some real time in Genesis thru Deuteronomy.

Seriously,

Acts 17: 11, 12.

So are you saying the Corinthians were NOT water baptized at their conversion?

turbosixx

You lied, again above. Why did you lie? What was your motivation? No,Paul does not "makes it clear the Israelites were buried (covered) by water by stating twice that they were under the cloud and in the sea, which are water."
19 For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

You lied-on record:

The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status.

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV

They were identified with Moses. In no uncertain terms- Exodus 14:16- 22 KJV="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV,Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, covered by water, not the Israelites.

You lied:

Exodus 14:16 KJV
16 but lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

Exodus 14:21-22 KJV

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. 22 And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

Exodus 14 KJVp
26 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen. 27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea. 28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. 29 But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

Exodus 15 KJV
19 For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

Tell all of TOL why you lied?
The basic idea behind the concept of baptism is identification=placing or putting something into another substance, performing an action, with the resulting purpose of a change in the state of the item from its previous condition=change in identity, change in condition, change in status.

Symbol? No one was buried in water. The Lord Jesus Christ was not buried in a liquid grave, but in rocks, and buried when dead. In contrast, the "dry baptismal" candidate is buried as soon as he has received life!

So are you saying the Corinthians, when Paul and others baptized them, it was a dry baptism? They were not covered by water?

turbosixx

No-respective members of the body of Christ are never referred to as "priests"-you lied again.And only the lost need a High Priest.

1 John 2:1 KJV

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

1 Pt. 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Peter tells us in his next letter Paul also wrote to these "priests"
2 Pt. 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,

Is Christ divided? Paul telling them (?) one thing and telling others (BOC) something different?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You're the one who said this:

Or did someone take over your account and post that?

Anyways, I then said, in response:

Paul: Clearly states that THE HOLY SPIRIT HIMSELF SAYS that there will be those who "depart from the faith . . . forbidding to marry."

Idolater:

:think:

If someone forbids marriage (for anyone, as Paul makes no specifications), then they have fallen out of the faith.

The Catholic church has forbidden that it's clergy marry.

Therefore, they have fallen out of the faith.

It's as simple as that.
The Catholic bishops do not forbid marriage to anybody. Anybody who wants to marry can seek marriage, and the Church celebrates all valid marriages.

Requiring men who feel called to the clergy to be single, does not equal "forbidding to marry." Forbidding to marry means forbidding to marry, something that the bishops have never done, not once. They all know the same warnings about forbidding to marry that you do. And as I said, there have been different heretical sects who have actually forbidden marriage, and it is against these people that Paul's warnings very clearly apply.
You said:

If it's a SACRAMENT ("a religious ceremony or act of the Christian Church that is regarded as an outward and visible sign of inward and spiritual divine grace, in particular"; "(in the Roman Catholic and many Orthodox Churches) the rites of baptism, confirmation, the Eucharist, penance, anointing of the sick, ordination, and matrimony.") then why do the bishops say that the clergy are not to marry!? Forbidding something that according to their own beliefs would show spiritual grace?

:liberals:
They do not forbid to marry. The Church has been blessed for centuries, with enough single men to be pastors, which is entirely in keeping with 1st Corinthians 7:32-33 KJV.
You said:

Paul says the following, under GOD'S authority:

Spoiler
Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment.For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her.And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him.For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife? - 1 Corinthians 7:1-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians7:1-16&version=NKJV

Spoiler
Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment.For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her.And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him.For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?Now concerning virgins: I have no commandment from the Lord; yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy.I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress— that it is good for a man to remain as he is:Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife.But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you.But this I say, brethren, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none,those who weep as though they did not weep, those who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, those who buy as though they did not possess,and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away.But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord.But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife.There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband.And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes. He does not sin; let them marry.Nevertheless he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own will, and has so determined in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well.So then he who gives her in marriage does well, but he who does not give her in marriage does better.A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my judgment—and I think I also have the Spirit of God. - 1 Corinthians 7:1-16,25-40 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians7:1-16,25-40&version=NKJV

And let's not forget that GOD HIMSELF said:

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” - Genesis 1:28 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:28&version=NKJV

And the Lord God said, “ It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” . . . And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. - Genesis 2:18,23-24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis2:18,23-24&version=NKJV

ANYONE who says "do not marry" is going against God's decree of "Be fruitful and multiply."

That includes the bishops.

In other words, no, the bishops are NOT authorized to forbid marriage, because to do so contravenes God Himself.

God said "be fruitful and multiply," therefore man has a RIGHT to marry. Denying that right puts one in opposition to God.
I agree with you, if the bishops were doing that, and they're not doing that. The bishops do not forbid marriage to anybody; anybody who wants to marry, may, and is encouraged to, seek marriage.

Idolater

Respective members of the boc have appointed me an elder, bishop. As such, I allow "popes," even though they are frauds, and the fake "priests" of Romanism, to marry.

So there.
:chuckle: And you know that, because you are a faithful student of Scripture, King John, that bishops were created through the imposition of the Apostles' own hands, and then they were instructed to create new bishops themselves, through the imposition of their (these bishops) hands. This imposition of hands is the physical connection that all bishops today have with the Apostles, who instituted the Church office of Bishop, as shown in the New Testament. iow, we cannot just make ourselves or someone we respect, admire, and like---like you---a bishop. There's a standard procedure for that already, which was put into place by the Apostles, Paul included. It's Holy Orders, the imposition of hands.

But you already knew that!

Right Divider

Body part
You avoid conversions because they prove your opinion wrong.
You're wrong about that.

As I have said before, you might be able to teach me some things but I will never believe mad. It doesn't add up.
Don't believe the truth if you like. That's your choice.

You force your BELIEF ABOUT "conversion" to drive your "understanding" of scripture.

Let scripture speak for itself instead and there might be a chance of you actually understanding it.

Right Divider

Body part
1 Pt. 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
Peter is speaking to the twelve tribes (strangers) scattered abroad (1 Peter 1:1) AMONG the gentiles, just like James. He is QUOTING scripture about THEM.

1Pe 2:9-12 KJV But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. (11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

CONTEXT is KEY, but you ignore it.

Peter is QUOTING Exodus 19

Exo 19:4-7 KJV Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. (5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. (7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.

Peter tells us in his next letter Paul also wrote to these "priests"
2 Pt. 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
:rotfl:

Is Christ divided? Paul telling them (?) one thing and telling others (BOC) something different?
Your "idea" of what "Christ divided" means is whacked.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Catholic bishops do not forbid marriage to anybody. Anybody who wants to marry can seek marriage, and the Church celebrates all valid marriages.

Requiring men who feel called to the clergy to be single, does not equal "forbidding to marry." Forbidding to marry means forbidding to marry, something that the bishops have never done, not once. They all know the same warnings about forbidding to marry that you do. And as I said, there have been different heretical sects who have actually forbidden marriage, and it is against these people that Paul's warnings very clearly apply.
They do not forbid to marry. The Church has been blessed for centuries, with enough single men to be pastors, which is entirely in keeping with 1st Corinthians 7:32-33 KJV.
I agree with you, if the bishops were doing that, and they're not doing that. The bishops do not forbid marriage to anybody; anybody who wants to marry, may, and is encouraged to, seek marriage.
Except they are forbidden (with exceptions, and exceptions prove the rule) to marry:

Council of Elvira (c. 305)
(Canon 33): It is decided that marriage be altogether prohibited to bishops, priests, and deacons, or to all clerics placed in the ministry, and that they keep away from their wives and not beget children; whoever does this shall be deprived of the honor of the clerical office.

Council of Carthage (390)
(Canon 3): It is fitting that the holy bishops and priests of God as well as the Levites, i.e. those who are in the service of the divine sacraments, observe perfect continence, so that they may obtain in all simplicity what they are asking from God; what the Apostles taught and what antiquity itself observed, let us also endeavour to keep.… It pleases us all that bishop, priest and deacon, guardians of purity, abstain from conjugal intercourse with their wives, so that those who serve at the altar may keep a perfect chastity.

VS.

Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment.For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her.And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him.For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife? . . . Now concerning virgins: I have no commandment from the Lord; yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy.I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress— that it is good for a man to remain as he is:Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife.But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you.But this I say, brethren, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none,those who weep as though they did not weep, those who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, those who buy as though they did not possess,and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away.But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord.But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife.There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband.And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes. He does not sin; let them marry.Nevertheless he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own will, and has so determined in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well.So then he who gives her in marriage does well, but he who does not give her in marriage does better.A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my judgment—and I think I also have the Spirit of God. - 1 Corinthians 7:1-16,25-40 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians7:1-16,25-40&version=NKJV

This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work.A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence(for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?);not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money,holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless.Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things.Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus. - 1 Timothy 3:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy3:1-13&version=NKJV

RCC: Bishops, priests, and deacons are prohibited from being married, are to keep away from their wives, and are not allowed to have children.

Paul: If a man wants to be a leader, and is not married, well. If a man wants to be a leader, and is married, well. If a man is a leader, and is not married, well. If a man is a leader, and is married, well. If he is married, he should be the husband of one wife, and rules his house well. If he is married, he is less likely to be tempted through his lack of self-control

You: The RCC and Paul agree with one another.

:dunce:

They clearly do not agree with one another, and to say otherwise is willful ignorance.

Idolater

RCC: Bishops, priests, and deacons are prohibited from being married, are to keep away from their wives, and are not allowed to have children.
Deacons are typically married men, and no married man is prohibited from engaging in the marital act. And priests and bishops have no wives to "keep away from." And of course since they are single, they are prohibited from having children, along with everyone else who is single.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Deacons are typically married men,

Which means they have broken the law set up by the Church, that says "marriage be altogether prohibited to bishops, priests, and deacons, or to all clerics placed in the ministry."

This is why Paul warns against believers putting oneself under ANY law, because once you do, you MUST KEEP THE LAW!

and no married man is prohibited from engaging in the marital act.

What part of "marriage be altogether prohibited to bishops, priests, and deacons, or to all clerics placed in the ministry" do you not understand?

"Marriage be altogether prohibited to bishops, priests, and deacons, or to all clerics placed in the ministry" means that NONE OF THEM should be married, so they're even breaking their own rules!

And priests and bishops have no wives to "keep away from."

BECAUSE:

"marriage be altogether prohibited to bishops, priests, and deacons, or to all clerics placed in the ministry"

And of course since they are single,

BECAUSE:

"marriage be altogether prohibited to bishops, priests, and deacons, or to all clerics placed in the ministry"

they are prohibited from having children, along with everyone else who is single.

WHICH IS A RESULT OF THE PROHIBITION ON LEADERSHIP MARRYING!

Seriously, Idolater, do you not understand what "prohibit" means? It means that something has been disallowed!

Paul says that forbidding anyone (INCLUDING THE CHURCH LEADERSHIP) to marry means one has departed the faith, and not only that, doing so contravenes God's command of "be fruitful and multiply" and "a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife."

The church says "NO! If you want to be a bishop/priest/deacon you must be single." Yet they make exceptions for individuals.

And again, EXCEPTIONS prove the RULE.

If the church did not prohibit marriage for its leaders, then there would be plenty more married men in leadership roles.

GOD DOES NOT PROHIBIT MARRIAGE FOR LEADERS. PAUL DOES NOT PROHIBIT MARRIAGE FOR LEADERS. THE APOSTLES DO NOT PROHIBIT MARRIAGE FOR LEADERS.

So WHY does the church prohibit leaders from MARRYING!?

Idolater

Paul says that forbidding anyone (INCLUDING THE CHURCH LEADERSHIP) to marry means one has departed the faith
Where are you reading this word "anyone?" I can't find it. If you can point it out to me, then you may have a point.
If the church did not prohibit marriage for its leaders, then there would be plenty more married men in leadership roles.
Well duh.
...WHY does the church prohibit leaders from MARRYING!?
1st Corinthians 7:32-33 KJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where are you reading this word "anyone?"

It's implied. Or, at the very least, there is no specification on who it applies to, therefore it applies equally to everyone.

I can't find it.

That's because it's implied, not explicit. I thought you would have recognized that instead of nitpicking.

If you can point it out to me, then you may have a point.

I have a point regardless.

Well duh.

:AMR:

So WHY does the church prohibit leaders from MARRYING!?

Let's look at it.

But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord.But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. - 1 Corinthians 7:32-33 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians7:32-33&version=NKJV

Question for you, Idolater.

Do all unmarried men care for the things of the Lord?

Or do they sometimes also care for the things of the world?

Does a married man ONLY care for the things of the world, how he may please his wife? Or do married men sometimes also care for the things of the Lord?

In other words, is what Paul says ALWAYS TRUE in EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE?

No, of course not.

What Paul is saying is a general rule of thumb.

NEITHER of those verses undo what Paul says just a few verses earlier in the chapter:

Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment.For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion. - 1 Corinthians 7:2-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians7:2-9&version=NKJV

And

I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress— that it is good for a man to remain as he is:Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife.But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you. - 1 Corinthians 7:26-28 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians7:26-28&version=NKJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Rather: Me: I just read the Scripture. Here is what it says, that you have already quoted:

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

You see, that Paul gave the Reason why bishops should be monogamous family men, because the Church needs to know through analogy whether he will "take care of the Church of God." With all parish priests being single men, and entrusted with pastoring a parish church, the Church can now know More Directly whether he can "take care of the Church of God" (1Ti3:5KJV), before making him a bishop. The Church has been blessed for centuries now, with this luxury of having only single men be pastors, and we take both 1st Timothy 3 and 1st Corinthians 7:32-33 KJV into proper account. If we can know that a man will "take care of the Church of God," then if he is single, he will be better able to do so, per 1st Corinthians 7:32-33 KJV.
The Levitical priesthood has been fulfilled. The priesthood of Melchizedek is the priesthood of the New Covenant, which was dedicated with Christ's blood.
We agree to disagree.

Fraud, as no scripture teaches this fake "priest" system, of Romanism, or celibacy for these fraud, child abusers, or celibacy, for this fraud "papa," "pope" satanic, made up system, to keep the Catholic drones, in bondage.

john w

Hall of Fame
Says you. If the Church's authentic pastors the bishops don't have the authority to "take care of the Church of God," then who does?

You?

Yes, you fraud, and fellow members of the boc, as we/I are/am the church, in this dispensation, not this made up bunch of clowns, in clown outfits, you Romans parade out there in public, these "Cardinals," in their top hats, colorful, made up, sickly garments, robes, ....these Monsignor".... con artists, like you.

john w

Hall of Fame
So are you saying the Corinthians, when Paul and others baptized them, it was a dry baptism? They were not covered by water?

Nice change the subject deceiver. You asserted in 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV:
Paul makes it clear the Israelites were buried (covered) by water by stating twice that they were under the cloud and in the sea, which are water.

That's slick...real slick.

Tell all of TOL why you lied-the Israelites were on dry ground-the Egyptians were covered in water, and I gave you chapter, verse.

Tel all of TOL why you lied, and continue to lie?

Rosenritter

Where are you reading this word "anyone?" I can't find it. If you can point it out to me, then you may have a point.
Well duh.

http://exposing-catholicism.blogspot.com/2013/03/pagan-origin-of-catholic-clergy-celibacy.html
Pagan religions of the ancient Mediterranean

In the great pagan religions of the ancient Mediterranean, celibacy was practiced in various contexts. In Rome the institution of the Vestal Virgins, who were required to remain celibate for at least the 30 years of their service, indicates that celibacy was a very ancient aspect of Roman religion. As Classical civilization developed, two ideals of masculine celibacy appeared, that of the ascetic philosopher and that of the priest of the mystery religions. The Pythagoreans are an excellent example of the former. Pythagoras (c. 580 bc–c. 500) established a small community that emphasized study, vegetarianism, and sexual restraint or abstinence.

Many later philosophers believed that celibacy is conducive to the detachment and equilibrium required by the philosopher’s calling. The Stoic philosopher Epictetus (ad 55–c. 135) for example, held that the ideal teacher would be unmarried and that his task would require freedom from the cares of family life. (my comment: The same of the Catholic priests)

A different mood was set by the celibate priests of the mysteries. Celibacy was especially characteristic of priest-devotees of the Great Mother cults. The well-organized priesthood of the religion of Isis, for example, represented a serene sacerdotalism; sexual abstinence was an absolute requirement of those who celebrated her holy mysteries. In many other cults—e.g., Manichaeism, Gnosticism, and Hermeticism—an inner circle of worshipers was required to observe strict continence. The philosophical and religious ideals of celibacy in the Classical world strongly influenced subsequent practices of celibacy and monasticism in Christianity.

source: http://www.britannica.com

https://www.britannica.com/topic/celibacy#ref67993
WRITTEN BY: The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Alternative Title: sexual abstinence
Celibacy, the state of being unmarried and, therefore, sexually abstinent, usually in association with the role of a religious official or devotee. In its narrow sense, the term is applied only to those for whom the unmarried state is the result of a sacred vow, act of renunciation, or religious conviction. Celibacy has existed in one form or another throughout history and in virtually all the major religions of the world. Wherever celibacy has appeared, it generally has been accompanied by the view that the religious life is essentially different or even alienated from the normal structures of society and …(100 of 2017 words)

http://www.catholica.com.au/gc2/occ2/055_occ2_print.php
Gnosticism
The term, Gnosticism, derives from the Greek word for new and secret knowledge, gnosis, which refers to mystically arrived at understanding of the world — not through revelation from God in the Old Testament. This ascetic and dualistic philosophy is best articulated in Plato's dialogues c.425BC; the material world is an imperfect realization of a divine spirit. Such a view puts a premium on asceticism, which is why the Gnostics preached celibacy and vegetarianism; earthly appetites chain us to the profane material world, eschewing them brings us closer to divinity. Therefore the body was to be subjugated by denial of earthly pleasures such as sex, wine, and animal flesh. A lower and higher morality was believed to exist; venerated semi-divine ascetics claimed a higher moral nobility, occupying a separate spiritual aristocracy elevated above the common man. For that reason married men were considered incapable of living the semi-divine contemplative life and freeing themselves from the body while engaging in marital sex. Today, Church teaching describes celibate priests in a similar manner.

1 Cor 7:32 isn't in the context of describing bishops, elders, or deacons. It seems more likely that it was derived from the pagan and Gnostic traditions, especially considering that no such restriction was ever created for the Levites.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, you lied again:
1 Peter 1 KJV
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,...

Thief, robber, stealing others's mail-that is not addressed to members of the boc.

Tell all of TOL why you lie, and steal.

In Exodus 19:5-6 KJV, at the very giving of the Mosaic Covenant, the LORD-God's purpose in giving birth to the nation Israel is unveiled. The LORD God's stated purpose concerning the nation Israel is that she is to be "a kingdom of priests and an holy nation," through whom the Gentile nations will draw nigh to God, i.e., the "channel/instrument" of blessing. Service....witnesses....Survey Isiah:

"But YE SHALL BE NAMED THE PRIESTS OF THE LORD: MEN SHALL CALL YOU THE MINISTERS OF OUR GOD." Isaiah 61:6 KJV.

This will be fulfilled, occur, realized during the kingdom reign of the Lord Jesus Christ, on earth, when Israel is dwelling in her land and the nations find salvation and blessing through her instrumentality-priest, ministers, witnesses..... This also explains Zech. 8:23 KJV-Israel will be a nation of priests, the channel instrument, for blessings to the world, in the prophetic program:

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you."

All of this awaits Israel's future redemption-including physical. The "If ye will obey...then ye shall be" principle of the law assured that this "knowledge of sin" would be everywhere. However, Israel's failure, the nation Israel soon found herself in need of a Saviour, a redeemer, to restore that which was lost, buy them back. Their kinsman redeemer. Thus while the hope of Israel looked to the promised coming kingdom,under which the physical and spiritual benefits of the New Covenant will be realized, in their fullness, the need of the nation for "through the water cleansing" was first needed.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116370-The-Bible-is-a-book-of-details-contrasts

Last edited:

Danoh

So are you saying the Corinthians were NOT water baptized at their conversion?

Address your error regarding "THE cloud."

For there "THE cloud" is, within their midst, long AFTER that incident at the Red Sea - during their FORTY YEARS in...the DESSERT.

You ALWAYS pull that - you attempt to prove some point of yours through an error YOU clearly read INTO something else, only to DEFLECT when your ERROR is pointed out to you.

Given that I do NOT believe you are up to no good, that leaves one thing. The one thing you OFTEN prove in MANY of your posts - that you are simply not as skilled at getting the actually intended meaning of a word, phrase, and or passage as you THINK you are.

And that you tend to lose sight of a thing, when you're too focused on some other.

Of course, that does not mean I view you as dumb. Rather, as NOT as skilled at that as you apparantly think you are.

And no, I am NOT talking about arrogance, on your part, rather, about a person's tendency, to conclude they always know how to do what they are doing, properly.

Then again, you are one of VERY few on here able to take such a criticism. I'll give you that.

Adress the error I pointed out. And then, at the very least, read Deuteronomy.

THEN I'll address you on this water baptism myopia of yours.

You need to get the big picture. And the Law and the Prophets is as much a part of said big picture as both the NT, and Paul's writings (Romans thru Philemon) are.

How do I know?

Isaiah 8:20, and 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 tell me so.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Last edited:

glorydaz

You're looking at things written to Christians to understand HOW they became Christian. God has seen fit to give us HOW people became Christians. What we see Paul do in converting and what we read him writing to those converted should agree, not disagree.

Wrong, I know HOW people become Christians. I know how all are saved in this age of Grace. I'm not the one who is stuck in some time warp trying to made something work that was never meant for anyone living today.

1 Cor. 4:14-15 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

We are begotten by the Gospel, and preaching the Gospel of Grace is what we do. That is what Paul preached. Some of us plant and others water. Some of us teach and others shepherd young believers. To spend your time arguing about water baptism is counterproductive to sharing the ONE Gospel that saves. And Paul agrees with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.