Theology Club: The Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of Grace

godrulz

Hall of Fame
godrulz disagrees with you. He says Paul only ministers to gentiles.

Galatians 2

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

And of course I have asked you what he means in this thread more than once. Paul went to Jews, yet says he preaches uncircumcision. What gives? Rhetorical. You know the answer. Different gospel.

I did not say Paul only ministers to Gentiles. I said the normative ministry pattern of Jesus ff. was to the Jew first, then Gentile, or concurrently.

Paul preached to Jews and Gentiles the same gospel as Peter, James, John preached to Jews/Gentiles (post-cross).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is the same gospel Nick.

Matthew 19

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”17..... But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Romans 7:10

10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Only a totally dishonest person with an agenda would say they are saying the same thing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did not say Paul only ministers to Gentiles....Paul preached to Jews and Gentiles the same gospel as Peter, James, John preached to Jews/Gentiles (post-cross).

It is the same gospel to two different target audiences. Gal. 2:7 is a demarcation of ministry, not two true post-cross gospels .

You would be dangersous if your posts weren't so stupid and easily crushed.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Matthew 19

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”17..... But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Romans 7:10

10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Only a totally dishonest person with an agenda would say they are saying the same thing.

The MAD issue is two gospels post-cross. Mt./Jesus is pre-cross.

Regardless, it is a moot point since we fully affirm the Pauline gospel (MAD is not the only group that believes Paul's teaching). Your idea of a circ gospel is NOT what any of us embrace, so you are freaking out about nothing causing unnecessary division and confusion in the Body.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You would be dangersous if your posts weren't sto stupid and easily crushed.

Demarcation of ministry is how virtually all interpreters and translations understand the proof text. You are the one out on a limb. If it was so stupid, virtually all believers would not agree with me.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You would be dangerous if your posts weren't so stupid and easily crushed.

No contradiction. Grace/faith is always the issue, not your works gospel (Rom. 4-5 even in the OT). The Mt. verse also has a context. It is normative in all dispensations for believers to love and obey God. Jesus was making the point that no one can obey God perfectly (His standard of holiness) and merit eternal life. This is why He simply said to follow Him, trust Him, etc. Elsewhere, He was asked about the workS of God required (Jn.). He answered that the worK of God was simply to believe (Jn. 3:16, a verse you reject).

You don't know the Bible, but you do know a version of MAD, a modern heresy/fad.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Because if Paul taught the same gospel to both Jew and gentile then Peter and the boys would have been at cross purposes in teaching the Jews something else.

What you have is Paul and Peter and the boys each teaching the Jews a different gospel.

1. Only if they preached to the same Jews.
  2. Why do you think they made the agreement in Galatians 2:9?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No contradiction. Grace/faith is always the issue, not your works gospel (Rom. 4-5 even in the OT). The Mt. verse also has a context. It is normative in all dispensations for believers to love and obey God. Jesus was making the point that no one can obey God perfectly (His standard of holiness) and merit eternal life. This is why He simply said to follow Him, trust Him, etc. Elsewhere, He was asked about the workS of God required (Jn.). He answered that the worK of God was simply to believe (Jn. 3:16, a verse you reject).

You don't know the Bible, but you do know a version of MAD, a modern heresy/fad.
Explain to me how one can pass from death to life, or vice versa, of their own accord...

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Are you both on the same page with "open theism"?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Explain to me how one can pass from death to life, or vice versa, of their own accord...

The issue is conditions. One is not saved apart from faith, but the basis is grace. In your view, universalism should be true if OSAS is true.

Our choices are involved and affect God's responses. I assume you are a synergist, not a Calvinistic, deterministic monergist.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Are you both on the same page with "open theism"?

Basically, except LH and others here add a caveat that I find problematic...God knows all that is knowable of what He wants to know....the last part is problematic for normative Open Theism since it would make God ignorant of things that men and Satan know.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Basically, except LH and others here add a caveat that I find problematic...God knows all that is knowable of what He wants to know....the last part is problematic for normative Open Theism since it would make God ignorant of things that men and Satan know.

Thanks rulz, I'm not of the Open persuasion but can tolerate it. As long as we are agreed on the basics, other issues are debatable.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
So God forces people to love him, trust him, and believe him?

In your OSAS view, He does?!:hammer:

Arminians and Calvinists who reject Open Theism do not believe that God forces people to love and believe in Him (though Calvinism could be misunderstood to imply this).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In your OSAS view, He does?!:hammer:

Arminians and Calvinists who reject Open Theism do not believe that God forces people to love and believe in Him (though Calvinism could be misunderstood to imply this).

Here I can say I do not agree with your conditional security view. There is too much scripture that supports eternal security.