ECT The Gospel of God's Grace

God's Truth

Dr. Alva McClain said that "This section is the very heart of the book of Romans. For this reason, all Christians ought to memorize Ro 3:21-26. If someone should ask me, 'Brother McClain, if you could have just six verses out of the Bible, and all the rest be taken away, which would you take?', I would select these six verses. All of God’s Gospel (Good News) is there, and in a way found nowhere else in the Word of God" (Alva McClain, The Gospel of God's Grace).

Let us look at this passage and notice that it says that a righteousness apart from law is given to all who believe:

"But now apart from law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus" (Ro.3:21-26).​

If anyone says that it takes more than faith to receive this righteousness of God then he does not understand what Paul wrote here or is purposely perverting what he wrote.

Now a question for those who do believe what Paul wrote there. In verse 21 Paul says that 'the law and the Prophets testify" about this truth. What does he mean?

Thanks!

The Jews had the old law and it was comprised of good things to do and bad things not to do.

It also had the purification works of the law.

Circumcision was a requirement to enter this covenant with God. It was the sign and the seal.

It was a sign that the person did all the purification works of the law.

The Jews used to have to be purified, clean, just to go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

These purification works separated the Jews from all others; all others were unclean people and without God because they did not enter the covenant of circumcision with God.

Those who did not do these purification works of the law were enemies of God, they were without God and without Christ, and without hope. They were ungodly people.

The Jews were circumcised, adhered to a dietary law, did various external washings, observed special days, and sacrificed animals.

Those things justified the Jews and they were called children of God.

Those works of the law were just a teaching tool about what was coming. What was coming was Jesus Christ.

No more would Jews have to clean themselves anymore, just to go to the temple to be near God's Spirit.

Since Jesus, faith in his blood now cleans us and no one has to work at cleaning themselves.

That is the 'not of works' Paul is speaking of.

Paul would not ever teach that we are saved by faith without obeying.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb who was sacrificed once and for all.

Jesus dying for all and his blood washing away our sins, instead of the blood of animals every day year after year.

Jesus dying torn down the dividing wall between Jews and Gentiles.

Jesus makes us all one whether Jews or Gentile.

Jesus saved ungodly Gentiles and did not make them get circumcised before he would save them.

God's Truth

We have to have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of our sins.

That is what we are to have faith about.

We have to believe that Jesus is in heaven ruling and interceding for us.

Faith alone and not obeying must have been a false belief even in the days of the Apostles.

Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey.

See all of 2 Peter Chapter 3; and especially 2 Peter 3:16 and 17.

James must have heard of the false teachings too because he calls people foolish and says that faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

Danoh

Hi , danoh , it seems we finally AGREE , WOW !!

And Acts is the TOUGHEST book to understand and is why there is a BIG DIVIDE among believers !!

And are as blind as the Jews as they all have a STUPOR !!

dan p

Acts is a piece of cake.

Once one is consistently Acts 9 in one's study methods.

Acts 2 Dispys are not consistent in their study approach.

Acts 9 / Acts 28 Hybrids certainly are not consistent in their study approach.

And obviously, who these 9/28ers borrowed their errors from - the Acts 28ers - are also not consistent in their study approach.

Jerry?

The guy has his own hybrid going on.

:chuckle:

A hybrid being a mix of things that normally do not go together; things that differ from one another.

Which is fine with Chinese buffets and Polish smorgasbords; and with today's mixed or hybrid martial arts; and with today's hybrid automobiles, and so on, but not fine when it comes to mixing together those things in Scripture, that differ from one another.

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry?

The guy has his own hybrid going on.

No, I follow the teaching of the giants of Mid-Acts dispensationalism. Your ideas are based on the teaching of Bullinger, the founder of Acts 28 dispensationsalism. It is you who is hybrid!

According to your ideas, the giants of Mid-acts dispensationalism taught a hybrid version on Mid-Acts!

You are ridiculous and anybody who would believe anything which you say is being lead astray.

Jerry Shugart

Paul would not ever teach that we are saved by faith without obeying.

Then why did he leave out "obeying" when he answered the following question?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

You don't have to answer. We know your answer and it is that you think you know more about salvation than Paul!

God's Truth

No, I follow the teaching of the giants of Mid-Acts dispensationalism. Your ideas are based on the teaching of Bullinger, the founder of Acts 28 dispensationsalism. It is you who is hybrid!

According to your ideas, the giants of Mid-acts dispensationalism taught a hybrid version on Mid-Acts!

You are ridiculous and anybody who would believe anything which you say is being lead astray.

You admit you don't have the truth because it shows when you exalt mere men.

God's Truth

Then why did he leave out "obeying" when he answered the following question?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

You don't have to answer. We know your answer and it is that you think you know more about salvation than Paul!

Paul probably thought no one would be so ignorant as one thinking it is good in any way not to obey someone you believe in.

What did Paul then say to those people? He told them what Jesus commanded, and they repented of their sins and were baptized.

Jerry Shugart

Paul probably thought no one would be so ignorant as one thinking it is good in any way not to obey someone you believe in.

What did Paul then say to those people? He told them what Jesus commanded, and they repented of their sins and were baptized.

You just ignore the fact that Paul made it plain that when a person believes he is saved. And the Lord Jesus said this:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

If you do not believe what He said there you will indeed experience the second death. And by then it will be too late.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You just ignore the fact that Paul made it plain that when a person believes he is saved. And the Lord Jesus said this:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"

Let me get this straight.

Are you saying faith only and action of love does not have to follow?

thanks.

Danoh

It is the followers Charles Welch and E.W. Bullinger (Acts 28ers); E.C. Moore and Jim Brackin and their followers (Acts 9 / Acts 28 Hybrids) and you, who parrot the assertion that the gospel of God and the gospel of Christ are two different gospels.

The Acts 9 Position does not. It holds that the gospel of God is an umbrella term all the gospels in Scripture "concerning Christ" fall under, or are an aspect of.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Jerry Shugart

It is the followers Charles Welch and E.W. Bullinger (Acts 28ers); E.C. Moore and Jim Brackin and their followers (Acts 9 / Acts 28 Hybrids) and you, who parrot the assertion that the gospel of God and the gospel of Christ are two different gospels.

That is also what Sir Robert Anderson teaches.

And you cannot tell the difference between what was revealed in the OT from what was not revealed. So simple but way above your head!

Jerry Shugart

Let me get this straight.

Are you saying faith only and action of love does not have to follow?

I am saying the same exact same thing the Lord Jesus said:

Believing. Nothing more. Why will you not believe Him?

Danoh

And you cannot tell the difference between what was revealed in the OT from what was not revealed. So simple but way above your head!

Thanks, Bullin-junior - I forgot Sir Anderson for a minute - he too asserted the "more than one gospel by Paul" error.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

God's Truth

If you do not believe what He said there you will indeed experience the second death. And by then it will be too late.

You don't see how ignorant you sound. Jesus doesn't condemn people who obey him. You are ensnared.

God's Truth

You say believe and nothing more. What does the BIBLE, the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD SAY about that?

I will tell you.

It says that foolish people believe like that; it says the ignorant and unstable think like that.
See 2 Peter 3:16, 17; James 2:14, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 29.

God's Truth

Danoh is steeped in falseness, IMHO; however, you say to him that he can't tell the difference between what is revealed in the Old Testament. Nowhere ANYWHERE in the Bible are all of God's words telling us to obey and telling us what to obey is something that would be NULLIFIED.

DAN P

Hi and why does the Greek words SHALL NEVER DIE /ZAO in the FUTURE TENSE ??

Under the Dispensation of the Grace of God we are NOW SAVED , , Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 and 10 , as you just chucked those verses OUT the window , as your CONTEXT in John is for Israel !!

dan p