The Gospel is the POWER of God Unto Salvation. Not Religion

beloved57

Jesus was a sinner too. If not, Ecclesiastes 7:20 is wrong. Then, the Lord did not create man to live by faith but by the use of his or her Freewill. To live by faith is akin to function as a robot. (Deut. 30:19)

Did you ever worship the golden calf?

Epoisses

Jesus was a Jew whose gospel was Judaism according to the Tanach. Therefore, there is no truth in the claim that when Peter preached the gospel of Jesus, thousands of Jews converted to him. How could conversion happen within the same Faith? Perhaps a renewal of the spirit was what you had in mind!

Jesus and Paul were in complete harmony. Both preached the gospel and the love of God. Jesus had the sermon on the mount which taught the same message as Paul's epistles. Sin begins in the heart so a new heart and a new mind are required to be accepted by God.

Ben Masada

Jesus and Paul were in complete harmony. Both preached the gospel and the love of God. Jesus had the sermon on the mount which taught the same message as Paul's epistles. Sin begins in the heart so a new heart and a new mind are required to be accepted by God.

Well Epoisses, if you allow me to test your saying that "Jesus and Paul were in complete harmony," there we go:

Jesus: "I have not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets." (Mat. 5:17-19)
Paul: "Jesus abolished the Law on the cross." (Ephesians 2:15)
Epoisses: Jesus and Paul were in complete harmony.

Jesus: "To escape hell-fire, you must listen to "Moses" aka the Law." (Luke 16:29-31)
Paul: "Jesus was the end of the Law." (Romans 10:4)

Bottom line: Probably, Epoisses did not know the meaning of complete harmony.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Your post makes no sense.

Bright Raven,

Are you saved by works of obedience to the scripture given Law of Moses and other definitions of fleshly efforts found in scripture?

Or

the work of Faith that Credits His obedience to us and teaches us to Love and Grow through the Grace we receive?

Epoisses

Well Epoisses, if you allow me to test your saying that "Jesus and Paul were in complete harmony," there we go:

Jesus: "I have not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets." (Mat. 5:17-19)
Paul: "Jesus abolished the Law on the cross." (Ephesians 2:15)

Jesus: "To escape hell-fire, you must listen to "Moses" aka the Law." (Luke 16:29-31)
Paul: "Jesus was the end of the Law." (Romans 10:4)

Bottom line: Probably, Epoisses did not know the meaning of complete harmony.

Jesus fulfilled the law he did not abolish it. If I open my bible today the first five books of Moses are still there. This does not mean that I abandon the gospel and grace to go back to a covenant that has been fulfilled. You keep the shadows of Christ and I have the real thing.