The Future of Christianity

ChrisC

My first post. Be kind. I am a Brit, and a member of the Church of England. It seems to me my church, and Christianity in the UK, are fading away into history. It also seems the authorities, from Parish Vicar to Bishop, don't know what to do about it. Anyone else out there experiencing this?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
My first post. Be kind. I am a Brit, and a member of the Church of England. It seems to me my church, and Christianity in the UK, are fading away into history. It also seems the authorities, from Parish Vicar to Bishop, don't know what to do about it. Anyone else out there experiencing this?

Hi Chris,

Welcome to TOL.

Anglican church here in Canada (CofE equivalent) experiencing the same things.
But it should not surprise us, when churches leave the Word of God in favour of man's ideas, that they bring ruin upon themselves. It has been happening for centuries. Lots of examples of it in the Bible.

Here the churches that don't honour God are emptying steadily and the ones that preach the Word are growing. Amazing how we never learn the lesson and keep repeating the same mistakes.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Britain, for all intents and purposes, is dead spiritually, because they have drifted away from Biblical teachings in favor of a liberal worldview. They need only to repent of their rebellion, and turn to God, for things to change.

ChrisC

Thanks George at least it's nice to know I'm not alone.

When you say 'those that preach the Word' could you expand a bit on that? Sorry if that sounds odd but, For example, fundamentalism is tricky in the UK at the moment.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I have read many English church forums. They don't seem enthusiastic about their faith, kind of dead.

I got kicked out right away when I brought controversy topic.

Their comments were politically and religiously correct mostly. It was so boring.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
8c24a337c977afd212d6840339b640c3.jpg

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Thanks George at least it's nice to know I'm not alone.

When you say 'those that preach the Word' could you expand a bit on that? Sorry if that sounds odd but, For example, fundamentalism is tricky in the UK at the moment.

Abandoning the Bible's clear teaching on various issues in favour of humanistic principles will always lead a congregation down a path which leads away from God's blessing instead of toward it.

The very first thing Satan did was to encourage our first parents to not listen to what God really said. The sad thing is that, in many churches, the idea that Adam and Eve were our first parents and Satan tempted them and won, is scoffed at as being a fairy tale even as their membership dwindles before their eyes.

Capitulating on minor issues only leads to bigger ones. God tells us that same sex marriage, for example, is abhorrent to Him. Why would He bless a church that disagrees with Him?

But the foolishness of some should not make us question the direction of Christianity. God is calling out His people. His purposes will not be frustrated. If the church you attend is not feeding its parishioners the pure Word of God, find another that will. The congregations that are growing are generally the ones that take God at His Word. It is only in doing so that we can honour Him.