The Everlasting Covenant !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

What is the everlasting covenant ? It certainly cant be disputed that such a covenant exist, not if we believe the inspired records, i.e our text and also when King David uttered these words 2 Sam 23:5

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

One writer wrote of the everlasting covenant noting it also as the covenant of grace:

“The covenant of grace is a compact, or agreement made from all eternity among the divine Persons, concerning the salvation of the elect.”JG

This covenant of grace is an eternal covenant. Before there was a star in the sky, before the sun was fixed in its place, before there was an angel in heaven to sing the praises of the triune God, before there was a man on earth made in the image and likeness of God, the everlasting Father determined to have a people for himself, like his only-begotten Son. As he loved his Son, so he loved his people before the world was (John 17:23-24). It was a covenant of pure grace and free mercy, made for God’s elect in Christ our Surety (Heb. 7:20).DF

We believe Paul had this covenant in mind here Gal 3:17

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

This covenant of grace, and redemption, and life, was made between the sacred Persons of the blessed Trinity before the world began. Man had nothing to do with it. The foundation of the covenant is the love of God and his sovereign pleasure. The covenant was entirely free. The grace of God is its only cause. This everlasting covenant is the basis of all of God’s decrees and works. It is “his own purpose” according to which he brings all things to pass (Rom. 8:28-30). He made the angels to be the servants of those whom he had appointed heirs of salvation. He made the earth as the abode of his elect. He created a race of men to call his people from among them. He ordained the fall of that race in order to show the fullness of his love in redeeming his people from the ruins of the fall. He gave the law to show us the terror we deserved. He gave his Son into the hands of the law to magnify the law and make it honorable, to satisfy its holy justice, and to display his great love for us in redeeming us. He ordained every step of our lives so that each of his elect might show forth most brilliantly the riches of his grace and glory forever. He sent his Spirit to fetch us to himself. DF

marke

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

What is the everlasting covenant ? It certainly cant be disputed that such a covenant exist, not if we believe the inspired records, i.e our text and also when King David uttered these words 2 Sam 23:5

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

One writer wrote of the everlasting covenant noting it also as the covenant of grace:

“The covenant of grace is a compact, or agreement made from all eternity among the divine Persons, concerning the salvation of the elect.”JG

This covenant of grace is an eternal covenant. Before there was a star in the sky, before the sun was fixed in its place, before there was an angel in heaven to sing the praises of the triune God, before there was a man on earth made in the image and likeness of God, the everlasting Father determined to have a people for himself, like his only-begotten Son. As he loved his Son, so he loved his people before the world was (John 17:23-24). It was a covenant of pure grace and free mercy, made for God’s elect in Christ our Surety (Heb. 7:20).DF

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

This covenant of grace, and redemption, and life, was made between the sacred Persons of the blessed Trinity before the world began. Man had nothing to do with it. The foundation of the covenant is the love of God and his sovereign pleasure. The covenant was entirely free. The grace of God is its only cause. This everlasting covenant is the basis of all of God’s decrees and works. It is “his own purpose” according to which he brings all things to pass (Rom. 8:28-30). He made the angels to be the servants of those whom he had appointed heirs of salvation. He made the earth as the abode of his elect. He created a race of men to call his people from among them. He ordained the fall of that race in order to show the fullness of his love in redeeming his people from the ruins of the fall. He gave the law to show us the terror we deserved. He gave his Son into the hands of the law to magnify the law and make it honorable, to satisfy its holy justice, and to display his great love for us in redeeming us. He ordained every step of our lives so that each of his elect might show forth most brilliantly the riches of his grace and glory forever. He sent his Spirit to fetch us to himself. DF
God's covenant with sinners is that if any sinner (whosoever will) repents of his sins and seeks Jesus for forgiveness will be forgiven his sins and given new life in Christ. That is the everlasting covenant.

beloved57

The covenant of grace. We believe that the salvation of sinners was the subject of divine consideration before the foundation of the world (Psa. 92:5; Psa. 119:89; Psa. 139:17; Rom. 9:11; Eph. 3:11; 2 Tim. 1:9; Titus 1:2; 1 Pet. 1:20); and that the three Persons in the adorable Trinity took counsel together (Ps. 33:11; Prov. 19:21; Isa. 40:13; Isa. 46:10; Zech. 6:13), and entered into that holy compact or agreement known as the Covenant of Grace (2 Sam. 23:5; Heb. 8:6, 12:24, and 13:30), by which the saving office that each should sustain was determined (Ps. 89:3; Jer. 24:7; John 10:20, and 14:31; Eph. 1:22; Isa. 48:16, and 49:1-8; Heb. 5:45; 1 Pet. 1:20; Rev. 13:8), in accordance with their gracious undertakings on behalf of the objects of mercy (John 17:4; Heb. 10:7-9).

Nanja

Amen Brother, God's Sheep / Elect / Seed, are forever abundantly blessed indeed in this everlasting covenant of God's Grace !

marke

Amen Brother, God's Sheep / Elect / Seed, are forever abundantly blessed indeed in this everlasting covenant of God's Grace !
Calvinists who rejoice in their imagination that God specially chose them because He loved them and who rejoice in their imagination that their lost friends and relatives will burn in hell forever simply to provide pleasure for God do not understand God.

Nanja

Calvinists who rejoice in their imagination that God specially chose them because He loved them and who rejoice in their imagination that their lost friends and relatives will burn in hell forever simply to provide pleasure for God do not understand God.
Dan. 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth
according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth:
and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

marke

Dan. 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth
according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth:
and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
God says He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked and that He is unwilling that any should perish so it is a mistake to suggest He loves to send people to hell except for Calvinists.

Nanja

God says He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked and that He is unwilling that any should perish so it is a mistake to suggest He loves to send people to hell except for Calvinists.

Before they become saved, God's Elect have a wicked heart Jer. 17:9, but God shall give them a New Heart !

Ezek. 36:24-28

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

The only possibility of a wicked person turning from his wickedness and practicing justice and righteousness is if God quickens him, makes him Spiritually Alive in New Birth: Born from above !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Before they become saved, God's Elect have a wicked heart

Can those who are not saved yet recognize/acknowledge that they have a wicked heart?

Jer. 17:9, but God shall give them a New Heart !

Talking about Israel.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

You people sure do like to take what was meant for only Israel, to Israel, at or about a specific point in time, and try to apply it (wrongly) to the rest of humanity.

The only possibility of a wicked person turning from his wickedness and practicing justice and righteousness is if God quickens him, makes him Spiritually Alive in New Birth: Born from above !

Indeed. But confession of Christ must come first, as per Romans 10.

marke

Before they become saved, God's Elect have a wicked heart Jer. 17:9, but God shall give them a New Heart !

True. We cannot save ourselves but God has promised to forgive and save every sinner who responds to the drawing of the Holy Ghost to come to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.

Right Divider

Body part

beloved57

Exactly ! The passage you quoted makes that plain !

marke

Exactly ! The passage you quoted makes that plain !
Of course the world is wicked and no wicked sinner will go to heaven. But God has made a way of escape for sinners to come to Jesus in repentance for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of salvation. All saved Christians were wicked and of the world before they received forgiveness from Jesus as a result of seeking Him.

1 Corinthians 6

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

beloved57

Of course the world is wicked and no wicked sinner will go to heaven. But God has made a way of escape for sinners to come to Jesus in repentance for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of salvation. All saved Christians were wicked and of the world before they received forgiveness from Jesus as a result of seeking Him.

1 Corinthians 6

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
I know you dont get it !

Status
Not open for further replies.