The Ever Present Problem of Atheism (HOF thread)

RogerB

Originally posted by shima
We offer what we see as the truth.

We also offer concepts such as personal responsibility , making something of your life while it lasts , learn from your mistakes, because life is too short to repeat them .

Wanna hear some more?

Have you been reading the Bible again?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Freak
That's all. You wouldn't make a good spokesman for your cause. You atheistic religionists are a pathetic bunch.:down:

I suppose if a True Believer™ promulgated the virtues of personal responsibility, making something of your life while it lasts , and learning from your mistakes, because life is too short to repeat them, you'd be saying "Hear hear!".

But because a Filthy Infidel™ says it, that makes it less than worthless...:doh:

Freak

Omnipotent Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Can you at least be original? Zakath tells us about him all the time as if he was for real. Shima, stop being a scientific moron and get hold of reality.:down:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Can you at least be original? Zakath tells us about him all the time as if he was for real. Shima, stop being a scientific moron and get hold of reality.:down:
That's she, Jay. Can't you Christians understand the simple truth: the IPU is a she. :doh:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by RogerB
Like a glutton with acid reflux, the atheist repeats his mantra....
Charming metaphor, almost as good as the dog and vomit metaphor from the Christian scriptures... :chuckle:

... but do you have any sound evidence to refute the atheist position?

RogerB

Originally posted by Zakath
That's she, Jay. Can't you Christians understand the simple truth: the IPU is a she. :doh:

I heard she had a sex change and is now a him living in Miami looking for love in all the wrong places.

shima

Freak: Why are you bound to science.

Because I have explained in the post that you didn't understand why I am very cautious when it comes to truth. We humans have a deliberate intention to deceive ourselves merely because we want something to be true.

To make sure we are not fooling ourselves, I try to use objective evidence as much as possible. All other "evidence" is very subjective in nature, and as such the "evidence" you see could very well exist only in your mind .

Since I'm not bound by the religion of science---I have more sources to turn to attain truth. I think I'll reject Shima's limited view of the world/reality. I prefer reason, Scripture, Natural Law, science, etc to attain truth.

Reason can lead you whereever you want, given the right starting assumptions. Scripture is the subjective account of ignorant people not knowing what they are watching. You still haven't explained what "Natural Law" you are referring to, since I happen to know a lot. I doubt you are referring to the Schrodinger Equation, though.

And finally, we get to science. And science disproves the Global Flood rather thoroughly.

The revealtion of Jesus Christ is compelling.

So are all the others, only not to you. They are, however, compelling for respectively Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhists and some nutcases. Now, which of those (if any) are different from Christians?

RogerB

So are all the others, only not to you. They are, however, compelling for respectively Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhists and some nutcases. Now, which of those (if any) are different from Christians?

shima,

Your words sound an awful lot like this:

If I raise my hands just lift the shade
Will I reveal a sky heavy and gray?
Will last night be a memory sweetly fading?
How I hate a morning starting out this way
On these lonely raging mornings I would whip you if I could
But You're on the mighty side of strong and the perfect side of good

If I raise my hands will you grab me by the wrists
And will you try to pull me from the fray?
And even if my fingers join together into fists
Will you hold me firmly anyway?
'Cause I would try to escape you but for everyday I'm sure
That You're on the huge side of big and the holy side of pure

Ok, hear what I say
As I raise my hands and surrender today
Ok, here I will stay
Hands in the air, singing have Thine own way

If I raise my hands so weak and thin and frail
Will you reveal the light of mercy in your eyes?
If I cry to you faintly will my feeble whispers fail
Or will it find its way to a reply?
'Cause now that I'm exhausted I think I'm ready to admit
That I've spent all my resistance on someone I can't resist

Ok, hear what I say
As I raise my hands, in surrender today
Ok, here I will stay
Hands in the air singing have Thine own way

Light from my window sill make my way to the door
I hang my head and still I know you're wanting more
Over the threshold now I move across the yard
Although my will allows my every step is hard
Now in the garden I carve out six feet of space
There make my will comply lie down upon my face
Been toe to toe to long I'm tired of fighting You
I see You were too strong, 'cause I am black and blue
But now I understand that losers due to win
How every dying man is sure to rise again
So I rasie my left hand one I raise my right hand two
Under the morning sun, my spirit cries to You

Ok, hear what I say
As I raise my hands in surrender today
Right here under the sun
Hands in the air singing Thy will be done
I'm here under the sun
Hands in the air singing Thy will be done
Ok, here I will stay
Hands in the air, singing have Thine own way
Have thine own way

Freak

And finally, we get to science. And science disproves the Global Flood rather thoroughly.

Nope. But believe a lie.

*sigh* the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ, Natural Law, science, Scripture, and reason leads me to truth...you on the otherhand have been limited by your religion of science. You devotees of this particular religion are a strange bunch---:p

Freak

So where's the extra biblical evidence for a universal (world-wide) flood?

I believe I have started a thread regarding this subject in the science section.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I believe I have started a thread regarding this subject in the science section.
You believe you have...

Aren't you sure? :chuckle:

Perhaps you'd care to provide a link or at least the name of the thread...

shima

*sigh* the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ, Natural Law, science, Scripture, and reason leads me to truth...you on the otherhand have been limited by your religion of science. You devotees of this particular religion are a strange bunch---

Not half as strange as religionists.

We could ofcourse continue with the namecalling all year long, or we could actually have a meaningfull discussion. Why don't you try reading the post where I gave my reasons for being an atheist?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
... perhaps because he is not interested in having a meaningful discussion...

Just my observation based on experience with Jay in the past. :think:

Freak

Not half as strange as religionists.

But you're confused..I'm not a religionist. You are! Ha! A Scientific religionist at that.

We could ofcourse continue with the namecalling all year long, or we could actually have a meaningfull discussion. Why don't you try reading the post where I gave my reasons for being an atheist?

I told you---your reasons were not compelling.:rolleyes:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Jay has now decided to redefine science as a religion...

It's sad what too much religion will do to a person's cognitive processing... :(

RogerB

Jay has now decided to redefine science as a religion...

It's sad what too much religion will do to a person's cognitive processing... :(

Sadder still what Godless people do to fool themselves....

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by RogerB
Sadder still what Godless people do to fool themselves....

Somehow I don't find abandoning religious fables for reality "fooling" myself. But I wouldn't expect you to see that Roger since you are firmly in the grip of religious delusion...