ECT The eternal Gospel

Interplanner

Like the eternal covenant, it was the plan before time began. that is why the eternal is before the old, in Heb 11-13.

The sacrifice of Christ was known before this world was created, in same sense that parents know there are risks to raising kids. John 17 and Rev 13:8.

The debt of sin being the problem, there is only one Gospel in reference to that, though there may be other happy announcements in history and in people's lives.

The OT was to be read to glorify Christ about this, not to be read Israel-centric. Paul explains that in 2 Cor 5 but it is also found in most of the NT quotes of the OT. In Acts 26 he says, late in his ministry, that preaching Christ from the OT meant 'not going beyond the suffering and rising of Christ and preaching this light to the nations.' It does not mean to preach something about a restored Israel. Or he is demented and forgot.

SaulToPaul 2

Here's the everlasting gospel,

Rev
14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters

SaulToPaul 2

The OT was to be read to glorify Christ about this, not to be read Israel-centric.

The OT is to be read, taking God's word at face value.

By denying this,

Ezekiel
37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

You miss and pervert 1/3 of the Kingdom of God by denying certain people their rightful inheritance.

Repent.

DAN P

Like the eternal covenant, it was the plan before time began. that is why the eternal is before the old, in Heb 11-13.

Hi and where is that verse " it was the plan BEFORE /PRO time began ??

Eph 1:4 reads , chosen us for Himself BEFORE / PRO the OVERTHROW / KATABOLE of the world !!

The B O C was first and not Israel !!

Show me your verse ??

dan p

Danoh

The sacrifice of Christ was known before this world was created, in same sense that parents know there are risks to raising kids. John 17 and Rev 13:8.

The debt of sin being the problem, there is only one Gospel in reference to that, though there may be other happy announcements in history and in people's lives.

The OT was to be read to glorify Christ about this, not to be read Israel-centric. Paul explains that in 2 Cor 5 but it is also found in most of the NT quotes of the OT. In Acts 26 he says, late in his ministry, that preaching Christ from the OT meant 'not going beyond the suffering and rising of Christ and preaching this light to the nations.' It does not mean to preach something about a restored Israel. Or he is demented and forgot.

Thus, why various passages often refer to things as if all things are over, or have already been fulfilled.

Which threw you off as to Ephesians 1, etc.

But the above is one of those few ironies every now and then between the actually consistent Reformist and the actually consistent Dispensationalist alike...

Each's same conclusion, in the end, that this entire time on this Earth has all been the out working of all that God had planned in Eternity He would unfold in line with, and in response to, how things would play out on this Earth.

After which, the actually consistent Reformist and the actually consistent Dispensationalist, part company with one another, and on much.

For, contrary to where the Reformed view ends up very inconsistent, as to who, what, why, and how, Moses had Prophesied that Israel would both fall and rise again, long, long after Joshua would lead them into their Promised land, after Moses' departure from this Earth.

You assert the New was earlier, even as you contradict its having been.

Lol - make up your mind, do you hold with Galatians 3, or not?

:chuckle:

Acts 17: 11, 12.
Rom. 5: 6-8.

Interplanner

Nonsense, the promise was the new covenant because it was the eternal covenant. So much for your There is no more arrogant position than a person reading the OT directly and saying "I know what it means." All things must submit to Christ or they are phantom. They are against Gal 3 and then they say they have read it. Like crap! Christ told us what the OT means, not Darby, Chafer, Hagee, "Today in Prophecy", Tambora, STP, RD, etc. People like that censor dissidents and call it a 'discusssion' like our college graduates today and their 'safe spaces' and teddy bears and cocoa.

Interplanner

Hi and where is that verse " it was the plan BEFORE /PRO time began ??

Eph 1:4 reads , chosen us for Himself BEFORE / PRO the OVERTHROW / KATABOLE of the world !!

The B O C was first and not Israel !!

Show me your verse ??

dan p

A couple of them are up above, Dan. also Acts 15:17-18: the Lord does these things / known from ancient time

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the promise was the new covenant
The new covenant was made with very same people the old covenant was made to --- the whole house of Israel which was divided at the time.

Promised to the whole house of Israel in the OT.

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:​

(No Gentile nations included.)

And confirmed in the NT.

Hebrews 8:8 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:​

SaulToPaul 2

The new covenant was made with very same people the old covenant was made to --- the whole house of Israel which was divided at the time.

(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:​

And confirmed in the NT.

(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:​

Too simple for certain scholars and world class authors on TOL...

Interplanner

It doesn't. Don't read the OT without the NT. Like STP you are just reading one fav passage that will keep D'ism together (which otherwise doesn't make any sense). When you read all the NT passages on the subject, you never would ask your question.

Interplanner

And confirmed in the NT.

Total nonsense, because we don't read the OT as though the NT did not exist. Are Israel the only people who need justification from their sins (2 Cor 5) or a solution to death (Heb 2)? You think you can put rules on the letter to Hebrews that its only for them. What a crock.

Is Israel the only one who needs 'THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS' and only ones who need the law on their hearts?

The PROMISE was always about all the nations, and Judaism put the LAW in the place of the PROMISE. It's called replacement theology, Gal 3:17, but you think someone in 2000 knows more about RT than the NT does, so you even do that theology without the NT. Way to go. What do we find was the purpose of the Law in Gal 3 and Rom 3: to show Israel it was in just as deep doo-doo as the nations.

Get to know your NTs and then come back to talk, OK? Neo-Judaism is a fantasy.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Total nonsense, because we don't read the OT as though the NT did not exist.
That's why I listed both OT and NT scripture telling us point blank whom the new covenant was made to.

Are Israel the only people who need justification from their sins (2 Cor 5) or a solution to death (Heb 2)?
Israel were the people both the old covenant and new covenant were made to.
Both the OT and NT tell us that point blank.

You think you can put rules on the letter to Hebrews that its only for them. What a crock.
I didn't put any rule on Hebrews, ding bat.

Is Israel the only one who needs 'THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS' and only ones who need the law on their hearts?
The whole world needs GOD.
But it was Israel that GOD specifically elected to make the old covenant and the new covenant with.
Both the OT and the NT tells us so.
Jer 31:31
Heb 8:8

The PROMISE was always about all the nations, and Judaism put the LAW in the place of the PROMISE.
Judaism cannot change the promises GOD makes.

It's called replacement theology, Gal 3:17, but you think someone in 2000 knows more about RT than the NT does, so you even do that theology without the NT. Way to go. What do we find was the purpose of the Law in Gal 3 and Rom 3: to show Israel it was in just as deep doo-doo as the nations.

Get to know your NTs and then come back to talk, OK? Neo-Judaism is a fantasy.
Ummmm, I posted both OT and NT.
Here it is again.

(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

And "replacement theology" is about CHANGING what scripture says about the house of Judah and the house of Israel into a fictional story with someone else in their place.

And as scripture also plainly tells us, Israel is still the beloved of GOD even though they are enemies of the gospel.

Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they [Israel] are enemies for your [BOC] sakes: but as touching the election, they [Israel] are beloved for the fathers' sakes.