ECT The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whoever said the D'ism thing is rubbish at generalizing, and so pretty bad at organizing the Bible, as well as knowing D'ism, and theologies in general.

This is fun.

Interplanner

:rotfl:

So the LORD Jesus Christ has already returned with all of His holy angels?

So the LORD Jesus Christ has already gathered the nations and separated them?

You are clueless because you're blinded by your fairy tale.

Ther has been no return and no fairy tale. You have no reading comprehension , or no memory. You don't listen, you don't comprehend.

There is not timestamp like Lk 23 about the babes as adults (ie one generation) because 'even the Son did not know' when he would end the earth.

But everywhere you go in the NT it sounds like it was to be immediate, and certainly right after the DofJ.

Someone asked: why the delay? The only answer we know is what 2 Pet 3 said, which is about that. It is mercy.

Last edited:

Danoh

Ther has been no return and no fairy tale. You have no reading comprehension , or no memory. You don't listen, you don't comprehend.

There is not timestamp like Lk 23 about the babes as adults (ie one generation) because 'even the Father did not know' when he would end the earth.

But everywhere you go in the NT it sounds like it was to be immediate, and certainly right after the DofJ.

Someone asked: why the delay? The only answer we know is what 2 Pet 3 said, which is about that. It is mercy.

"...'even the Father did not know' when he would end the earth" - now that is quite a stretch - even for you.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

lol - you've confused your/our not knowing with His knowing alone...

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

:doh:

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8 towards you, IP.

Right Divider

Body part

There is not timestamp like Lk 23 about the babes as adults (ie one generation) because 'even the Father did not know' when he would end the earth.

If there has been no return, then the LORD Jesus Christ is NOT currently sitting on the throne of His glory!

Matt 25:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Why do you keep claiming something that denies scripture?

Interplanner

Whoever said the D'ism thing is rubbish at generalizing, and so pretty bad at organizing the Bible, as well as knowing D'ism, and theologies in general.

This is fun.

That is a mindless post, Tam. What specifically? Unless you are dealing with a specific, you can say abolutely wild things and all of it will be considered 'true.' Pointlessly true.

Interplanner

If there has been no return, then the LORD Jesus Christ is NOT currently sitting on the throne of His glory!

(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (25:32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: (25:33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

He is reigning according to all the places I posted, Acts 2, I Cor 15, Heb 1, that does not clear up when he would returned. He did not know when the Father would have him return (my apology to Danoh earlier, I said the 'father did not know when...')

The Mt25 line is not the only thing out there about the return. All of it has to be synthesized and made coherent. You should know that.

The Lk 23 about babes-to-adults does put a timestamp on the destruction of Jerusalem.

Danoh

He is reigning according to all the places I posted, Acts 2, I Cor 15, Heb 1, that does not clear up when he would returned. He did not know when the Father would have him return (my apology to Danoh earlier, I said the 'father did not know when...')

The Mt25 line is not the only thing out there about the return. All of it has to be synthesized and made coherent. You should know that.

The Lk 23 about babes-to-adults does put a timestamp on the destruction of Jerusalem.

Apology accepted, but not really needed - but already solved for - at least according to...Romans 5:8.

SaulToPaul 2

Made up.

Interplanner

He will sit on his throne again then, but that does not mean he's not sitting now, ie, after the resurrection. Too many verses validate that. Mainly 'Sit at my right hand, until I deal with your enemies.'

Right Divider

Body part
Mt25 about the kingdom has no timestamp to it like Lk 23's babes-who-become-adults. Mt 25 says what will happen, but does not anchor itself like Lk 23.

THIS had a definite and unambiguous time-stamp. Why is it impossible for you to see?

WHEN and THEN are totally clear and undeniable.

Right Divider

Body part
He will sit on his throne again then, but that does not mean he's not sitting now, ie, after the resurrection. Too many verses validate that. Mainly 'Sit at my right hand, until I deal with your enemies.'
AGAIN? Scripture does NOT say that.... you made it up.

"Sit at my right hand" refers to sitting at His FATHERS throne.

Rev 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Quit making things up and just believe what is written in God's Word.

Interplanner

AGAIN? Scripture does NOT say that.... you made it up.

"Sit at my right hand" refers to sitting at His FATHERS throne.

Rev 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Quit making things up and just believe what is written in God's Word.

He gets up to receive those who lost their lives for him, Acts 7.

Your reference is still not a specific timed thing; he's just sitting. It says nothing about before or after. So for the same reason I'm not going to say that 100 years after that sitting, event X happens on earth because it is not about that.

By the way, you shouldn't quote Rev 3:21 out loud, some people might think he is already sitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.