The Enlightening Power of the Holy Spirit in the Gospel

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However back to my point, Paul went through a RITUAL CLEANSING (mikveh), in keeping with Jewish law, in order to present his alms and offerings to HaShem...

Paul's offerings for the saints in Jerusalem where not from him and were not for YHVH.

Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come. And when I come, whomever you approve by your letters I will send to bear your gift to Jerusalem. But if it is fitting that I go also, they will go with me. (1 Corinthians 16:1-4 NKJV)

But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints. For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem. It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things. Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain. (Romans 15:25-28 NKJV)​

But my point was that after Paul's conversion he never kept Sukkot.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Dead men come to life by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.
Can a dead man hear? *Could Lazarus hear Jesus calling his name
after being dead in the tomb for four days? *Not until Christ resurrected
him to life could he hear. *Same for the common sinner. *Regeneration
occurs in the soul through the power of the Holy Spirit (being born again
John 3:3) and the ears are opened and the eyes can see anew.

Robert Pate

Banned
Can a dead man hear? *Could Lazarus hear Jesus calling his name
after being dead in the tomb for four days? *Not until Christ resurrected
him to life could he hear. *Same for the common sinner. *Regeneration
occurs in the soul through the power of the Holy Spirit (being born again
John 3:3) and the ears are opened and the eyes can see anew.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

"This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith" (the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

"Then they gladly received his word (the Gospel) and were baptized the same day and were added unto them about 3,000 souls" Acts 2:41.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

"This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith" (the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

"Then they gladly received his word (the Gospel) and were baptized the same day and were added unto them about 3,000 souls" Acts 2:41.
Only those who are chosen will listen.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Were those some of the chosen?

Were these some of the chosen?

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.
(1 Corinthians 1:26 NKJV)​

Why?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Some of those that were converted to Christ on the day of Pentecost had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:23. Acts 2:36.

Were those some of the chosen?
What? the non-elect were not chosen to go to hell. ALL men should go to
hell, all men after the fall of Adam, delight in there sin, they don't
seek God, because they have a sinful nature. But God in His mercy chose
some and passed over the rest leaving them to do what man loves which is
sin. He simply left them and you alone!

RBBI

Paul's offerings for the saints in Jerusalem where not from him and were not for YHVH.

Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come. And when I come, whomever you approve by your letters I will send to bear your gift to Jerusalem. But if it is fitting that I go also, they will go with me. (1 Corinthians 16:1-4 NKJV)

But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints. For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem. It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things. Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain. (Romans 15:25-28 NKJV)​

But my point was that after Paul's conversion he never kept Sukkot.

Sorry, but the books you are citing and trying to use as the same incident, were written decades apart. And you do not understand korban if you think offerings are not for HaShem. Pece

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, but the books you are citing and trying to use as the same incident, were written decades apart. And you do not understand korban if you think offerings are not for HaShem. Pece

And you obviously do not understand Sukkot and what it represents.

I also suspect you do not understand Passover, past and present.

Robert Pate

Banned
What? the non-elect were not chosen to go to hell. ALL men should go to
hell, all men after the fall of Adam, delight in there sin, they don't
seek God, because they have a sinful nature. But God in His mercy chose
some and passed over the rest leaving them to do what man loves which is
sin. He simply left them and you alone!

No one deserves to go to hell simply because everyone is a sinner without works. We are all born into sin, Psalm 51:5.

It is not our fault that we are sinners, its Adam's fault. However, its your fault if you don't accept Christ as your savior and wind up in hell.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
No one deserves to go to hell simply because everyone is a sinner without works. We are all born into sin, Psalm 51:5.

It is not our fault that we are sinners, its Adam's fault. However, its your fault if you don't accept Christ as your savior and wind up in hell.
Thats a really bad response. You must be unregerate

Robert Pate

Banned
Denying yourself a sinner has nothing to do with john Calvin. He isn't alive to tell you that

Who is denying that they are a sinner?

You have swallowed some of that poisonous flower called TULIP that is a denial of the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the Bible and the Gospel that justfies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

RBBI

And you obviously do not understand Sukkot and what it represents.

I also suspect you do not understand Passover, past and present.

Really....I think the shoe might be on the other foot there....I understand and have participated in SPIRITUALLY as well as naturally ALL the feasts. Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Really....I think the shoe might be on the other foot there....I understand and have participated in SPIRITUALLY as well as naturally ALL the feasts. Peace

You misunderstand the question, the question is did Paul keep Sukkot after he was converted?

RBBI

You don't understand the question yourself. Paul was never "converted" to anything. His own testimony was that he worshipped HaShem according to the manner of his fathers. What was added, was the knowledge of who the Messiah was, and the Spirit, and the baptism in the Holy Ghost.

What you can't seem to acknowledge or grasp because of the traditions of men nearly as old as the gospel itself (which is when many antichrists came in already as Paul stated THEN) is that one doesn't negate the other. The gentiles were grafted in, not the other way around. Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't understand the question yourself. Paul was never "converted" to anything.

What about Simon, was he ever converted?

Jesus told Simon, "But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." (Luke 22:32 KJV)

RBBI

He is so funny. I knew when I left the board last night what scripture you were going to come back with. Once again.....what you THINK it means, and no doubt have been taught what it means, it doesn't mean. He didn't have to "convert" to "become" anything.

In the original languages, it meant to turn back to HaShem. Yeshua was looking ahead at Peter's denial of Him 3 times, that was to come. Peace

Last edited: