The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Debunking flat earth debunkers

As far as I know, I have covered just about all of the main arguments for flat earth. Now I want to cover the arguments that have been made against those arguments in more detail.

I'm going to begin with the basics first that are well argued in this video in which the flat earth arguments are debunked by two logical fallacies committed by flat earth advocates.

1. The common sense fallacy

2. The personal incredulity fallacy

The video begins with Neil deGrasse Tyson saying that flat earth is the result of a deep failure of education. He then states that "science is a way of thinking", that seems to be at odds with the "common sense" of those who reject globe earth.

In this video it's agreed that the earth looks flat and there is no debate about that. But the claim in the video is that "our senses can be fooled and therefore they are not reliable". So can we conclude that the globe earth model does not rely on our sense perceptions?

I will go more into this but first I want your response to this one point.

--Dave
Dave, on a flat earth, how does the sun get to the other side overnight?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, on a flat earth, how does the sun get to the other side overnight?

I have presented video and photos that answer your question. The question now before you is the reliability of our senses, it is the most important one because it is at the foundation of all the other questions.

--Dave

P.S. I will though answer your question again but I want these two alleged fallacies addresses first.

chair

I have watched all of your videos. Every single one shows the sun setting behind the horizon. :idunno:

Setting that aside for a moment...

Seeing the sun set or not set behind the horizon isn't why I wanted you to link to those videos. I want to have at least some type of agreement here. In every video you have linked to the sun is always a circle. When we go outside wherever we are on the earth and at any time of day the sun is a circle. Since the sun is always a circle from any vantage point can we at least agree on the shape of the sun? The sun MUST BE a sphere if it appears as a circle from literally any angle or vantage point on earth. There can be no other shape than a sphere that would cause the sun to always appear as a circle in the sky from any vantage point.

Can we agree on that?

Dave, you have repeatedly avoided answering these basic questions, which Knight has pointed out in this post.

1. Why does the sun set below the horizon in a flat earth model?
2. Why does the sun always appear to be a circle?

Stop playing games Dave. Don't send us more links to videos. Just answer.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, you have repeatedly avoided answering these basic questions, which Knight has pointed out in this post.

1. Why does the sun set below the horizon in a flat earth model?
2. Why does the sun always appear to be a circle?

Stop playing games Dave. Don't send us more links to videos. Just answer.

I have answered. That you don't like it or agree with it is OK with me.

Everything eventually disappears below the horizon as it moves away from us beyond a distance we can see. The light from a small sun that is close to the earth does not cover the whole earth.

View attachment 25735
[video]http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-27-2015/6TPX2_.mp4[/video]

The heart of the question is what are we "seeing", a small sun that circles a large flat earth or a small globe earth that circles the large sun.

Our senses tell us one thing and science tells us the other. How reliable are our senses?

--Dave

chair

I have answered. That you don't like it or agree with it is OK with me.

Everything eventually disappears below the horizon as it moves away from us beyond a distance we can see. The light from a small sun that is close to the earth does not cover the whole earth.

View attachment 25735
[video]http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-27-2015/6TPX2_.mp4[/video]

The heart of the question is what are we "seeing", a small sun that circles a large flat earth or a small globe earth that circles the large sun.

Our senses tell us one thing and science tells us the other. How reliable are our senses?

--Dave

Your answer is a load of crock. I think you know that, but can't give up on your flat earth because you are convinced that the Word of God (TM) says that THE EARTH IS FLAT.

You can't deal with reality not matching your interpretation of the Bible. Somethings got to give- so you've given up on reality.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your answer is a load of crock. I think you know that, but can't give up on your flat earth because you are convinced that the Word of God (TM) says that THE EARTH IS FLAT.

You can't deal with reality not matching your interpretation of the Bible. Somethings got to give- so you've given up on reality.

I answered your question. Both models have different ways of answering it. Now answer my question, are our senses reliable as per video.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I answered your question. Both models have different ways of answering it. Now answer my question, are our senses reliable as per video.

--Dave
I'd say that generally speaking, our senses are pretty reliable.

Dave, First of all, which model (using the verse below) describes God's majesty as greater, the flat earth model, where everything above the earth is just an image/hologram, or the model that the earth is a globe spinning in space, orbiting a star which is orbiting around the center of a galaxy?

Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. - Isaiah 66:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah66:1-2&version=NKJV

Second, using the verses above, which model of the universe fits the statement that "all those things exist", the flat earth model, or the globe earth?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'd say that generally speaking, our senses are pretty reliable.

Dave, First of all, which model (using the verse below) describes God's majesty as greater, the flat earth model, where everything above the earth is just an image/hologram, or the model that the earth is a globe spinning in space, orbiting a star which is orbiting around the center of a galaxy?

Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. - Isaiah 66:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah66:1-2&version=NKJV

Second, using the verses above, which model of the universe fits the statement that "all those things exist", the flat earth model, or the globe earth?

Literally speaking, the Bible favors flat stationary earth, but figuratively a case can be made for spinning globe.

The sun and moon do not have to be holograms in the flat earth model.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Literally speaking, the Bible favors flat stationary earth, but figuratively a case can be made for spinning globe.

The sun and moon do not have to be holograms in the flat earth model.

--Dave

Dave, please stop trying to obfuscate and clearly answer the questions I asked you:

First of all, which model (using the verse below) describes God's majesty as greater, the flat earth model, where everything above the earth is just an image/hologram, or the model that the earth is a globe spinning in space, orbiting a star which is orbiting around the center of a galaxy?
A) Flat Earth model
B) Globe Earth model

Thus says the Lord: "Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist," Says the Lord. "But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word." - Isaiah 66:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah66:1-2&version=NKJV

Second, using the verses above, which model of the universe fits the statement that "all those things exist", the flat earth model, or the globe earth model?
A) Flat Earth model
B) Globe Earth model

chair

--Dave

Dave, you prefer those videos over both your own senses and over what science tells us. And now you are asking about the reliable of our senses.

Your thinking is very confused.

I give up. Enjoy your delusions.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, please stop trying to obfuscate and clearly answer the questions I asked you:

First of all, which model (using the verse below) describes God's majesty as greater, the flat earth model, where everything above the earth is just an image/hologram, or the model that the earth is a globe spinning in space, orbiting a star which is orbiting around the center of a galaxy?
A) Flat Earth model
B) Globe Earth model

Thus says the Lord: "Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist," Says the Lord. "But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word." - Isaiah 66:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah66:1-2&version=NKJV

Second, using the verses above, which model of the universe fits the statement that "all those things exist", the flat earth model, or the globe earth model?
A) Flat Earth model
B) Globe Earth model

Where is heaven in the globe model?

Where is heaven in the flat earth model?

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where is heaven in the globe model?

Where is heaven in the flat earth model?

--Dave

A) Flat Earth model
B) Globe Earth model

A) Flat Earth model
B) Globe Earth model

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I want to know if our senses are reliable, because if they are not then why ask me what the sun looks like.

--Dave
I'm just looking for some type of agreement. If we could agree on the shape of the sun I would feel a lot better about your ability to make what I would call common sense deductions. Earlier in the thread I asked you what the shape of the moon was and you couldn't tell me. So... I thought.... that we could at least agree on what the shape of the sun is based on the videos you posted.

Can we agree the sun is a sphere?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm just looking for some type of agreement. If we could agree on the shape of the sun I would feel a lot better about your ability to make what I would call common sense deductions. Earlier in the thread I asked you what the shape of the moon was and you couldn't tell me. So... I thought.... that we could at least agree on what the shape of the sun is based on the videos you posted.

Can we agree the sun is a sphere?

Common sense is a fallacy of flat earth, I sent you all the memo/video.

We can agree about what we, from earth, actually see. The sun and moon appear round. That we see it as round from all directions on earth leads us to believe both sun and moon are spheres.

I also look for common ground, what is your opinion of flat earth being a common sense fallacy?

Are our senses reliable?

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.