The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's called a mirage, and it's a reflection off a flat surface caused by heat waves. This is a well known phenomenon, and photographers should learn about it to be able to keep their images sharp.
https://fstoppers.com/education/warning-long-lens-shooters-heat-wave-distortion-40508

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Mirage vs reflection

A reflection and a mirage, both superior and inferior, are mirrored images of an object not the actual object itself. The video of the boat is above the horizon line and it is the actual object with a "reflection" of it directly under it. This boat is not a mirrored image of one that is below the horizon line, and actually out of sight, because of the curvature of the earth. If this were a mirage it would be a double mirrored image which would be impossible. A mirrored image of a boat would not have it's mirrored reflected image directly under it. A mirrored image with a mirrored image is never seen.

A reflection is a mirrored image that is upside down and under what is being reflected.
View attachment 25217

Here we have a telescopic lens being used to show what is beyond the viewing distance of the viewer which is shown by the line of the sand. The boats and people are actual, they are not mirages. Their reflections are seen directly below them and the extended unseen horizon line is detectable through the boats and their upside down reflection under them.
View attachment 25218

Here is a superior mirage above actual ships. The actual ship is not below the horizon line of a curved earth. If that were the case we would have another impossible double mirage, a mirage of the ship and it's mirage above it.
View attachment 25219 View attachment 25222

Here we have an inferior mirage under the object being mirrored. There is no question that the object of the mirage is actual and not a mirage itself. The mirage is right side up and not a true reflection which is upside down of the object it reflects.
View attachment 25220

--Dave

glassjester

What you can know is that you are driving on "flat level road" foot by foot, mile by mile, which you can see. If I can stop on the road and see flat level road behind me, I just traveled, and I can see three miles of road ahead of me which I can drive through, then I have no reason to believe that a six mile stretch of road dropped 24 feet.

Looking at that line on the graph, you can't visibly detect any slope either.

Anyway, Dave, I admit a certain amount of intrigue in the flat Earth claim. Would you be willing to explain more about the ice wall you mentioned earlier?

Those questions I posted were not rhetorical.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's called a mirage, and it's a reflection off a flat surface caused by heat waves. This is a well known phenomenon, and photographers should learn about it to be able to keep their images sharp.
https://fstoppers.com/education/warning-long-lens-shooters-heat-wave-distortion-40508

Mirage vs reflection

A reflection and a mirage, both superior and inferior, are mirrored images of an object not the actual object itself. The video of the boat is above the horizon line and it is the actual object with a "reflection" of it directly under it. This boat is not a mirrored image of one that is below the horizon line, and actually out of sight, because of the curvature of the earth. If this were a mirage it would be a double mirrored image which would be impossible. A mirrored image of a boat would not have it's mirrored reflected image directly under it. A mirrored image with a mirrored image is never seen.

A reflection is a mirrored image that is upside down and under what is being reflected.
View attachment 25223

Here is a superior mirage above actual ships. The actual ship is not below the horizon line of a curved earth. If that were the case we would have another impossible double mirage, a mirage of the ship and it's mirage above it.
View attachment 25222

Here we have an inferior mirage under the object being mirrored. There is no question that the object of the mirage is actual and not a mirage itself. The mirage is right side up and not a true reflection which is upside down of the object it reflects.
View attachment 25220

--Dave

chair

Who are "they"?
They are few compared to the many. Some heads of government, not all of them. The heads of NASA, the majority of workers would not have to know. Only a few astronauts would know not all of them would have to. The secret societies: Free Masons, The Illuminati, Bilderberg.

Massive stupidity is the reason
Most people just never want to question the status quo. Most people fear societal or worldly rejection, being called idiot, stupid, etc.

Massive mind control is the means
Those who want to control you don't want you to trust your own senses, make your own observations, or think antithesis. They want you to think synthesis and dialectic.

The take over of this world by Satan is the goal
He will deceive the whole world.

--Dave

Dave,

This means I have been deliberately misled by hundreds of pilots, hundreds of astronauts, tens of thousands of astronomers, participants in the Google Lunar X contest, and countless others (did I mention historians?). Many of these people are not atheists, including many Christians. All are part of a gigantic plot.

I have been misled by many others, starting from my parents and teachers, though they may be innocent themselves, having been fooled all along.

Amazing.

By the way- who exactly are the Illuminati and Bilderberg? I do not trust what the internet will say about them. And how is lying about the shape of the world going to help them take over?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Looking at that line on the graph, you can't visibly detect any slope either.

Anyway, Dave, I admit a certain amount of intrigue in the flat Earth claim. Would you be willing to explain more about the ice wall you mentioned earlier?

Those questions I posted were not rhetorical.

The voyage of Captain James Kirk, I mean Cook. Sorry!
The earth is a globe with a circumference of 24,874 miles at the equator. The South Pole is located at the bottom with a much smaller Arctic Circle around it. Captain James Cook sailed almost around the arctic circle, never seeing Antarctica but not far from it, and he traveled over 60,000 miles in three years. That's much closer to the circumference of flat earth than to globe earth. Did he travel 2 and a half times around the globed earth, or did he sail once around the flat earth surrounded by an ice wall?

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
when viewed from outerspace, we can clearly see that the Earth is round. As to why water can still stay is due to gravity no?

"If" we never went to the moon then we have never been to outer space and have never seen that the earth is round. By the way, we have never "seen" the big bang the bio-genesis of life or the evolution of any living thing from simple to complex. Also we have never "seen" other galaxies, black holes, or life on any other so called planet.

If our government/NASA "faked" the first moon landings, then they have faked everything else.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
when viewed from outerspace, we can clearly see that the Earth is round. As to why water can still stay is due to gravity no?

Water cannot both be level/flat and curved at the same time. Water/liquid conforms to a solid and levels to be flat at the top if there is no solid containment over it. If gravity was a solid we would not be able to move through it. Gravity is an "imagined" force that keeps everything from falling or spinning off a moving spinning globe. A flat earth needs no such invention.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mirage vs reflection

View attachment 25223

View attachment 25222

View attachment 25220

--Dave

Dave, my post remains. Your little post does nothing to counter it. The reason we see that double image is due to the way light travels through air, especially when the air temperature and moisture content differs from area to area. Now, I'm no expert, nor do I claim to be, but every single one of those images you provided is a reflection of some sort, be it off of water, or off of the air. Again, there's nothing special about it. So what's your point?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, my post remains. Your little post does nothing to counter it. The reason we see that double image is due to the way light travels through air, especially when the air temperature and moisture content differs from area to area. Now, I'm no expert, nor do I claim to be, but every single one of those images you provided is a reflection of some sort, be it off of water, or off of the air. Again, there's nothing special about it. So what's your point?

My point is that there are mirages and this view of a boat with it's reflection is not a mirage. You can have your view, it's just not correct. I will be adding more to this as we go. Globers imagine curves where there are none, imagine motion that does not exist, and call mirages what are actual, not mirrored, objects in order to justify a globe that contradicts all that we see and experience.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"If" we never went to the moon then we have never been to outer space and have never seen that the earth is round. By the way, we have never "seen" the big bang the bio-genesis of life or the evolution of any living thing from simple to complex. Also we have never "seen" other galaxies, black holes, or life on any other so called planet.

If our government/NASA "faked" the first moon landings, then they have faked everything else.

--Dave

Dave, there you go, spouting your conspiracist nonsense again. Once again, you fail to consider the two or three witnesses passage from the Bible, which, in case you've forgotten, means that we are to weigh evidence. The fact that we went to the moon is undeniable, we have video from the moon, from orbit, we even have a live video feed from the International Space Station, for crying out loud. Oh, and let's not forget all the technology that was invented during our space program, like the ballpoint pen. They themselves are proof we went to space. You have Yuri Gagarin's first flight, and he was a Russian! Their technology is still FAR INFERIOR to ours compared to back in the early 60s, and yet they somehow managed to put the first object into orbit, send the first creature into space, and the first man into orbit. Do you distrust the former President of the United States so much as to say he really didn't want us to go to the moon before the end of the decade? Do you really distrust the astronauts, some of whom (Apollo 1) died on the launch pad in the effort to reach the moon? That's going a little far, Dave, don't you think?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
My point is that there are mirages and this view of a boat with it's reflection is not a mirage. You can have your view, it's just not correct. I will be adding more to this as we go. Globers imagine curves where there are none, imagine motion that does not exist, and call mirages what are actual, not mirrored, objects in order to justify a globe that contradicts all that we see and experience.

--Dave

Perhaps I used the wrong word. My point remains that the atmosphere does reflect and refract light on such a way as to cause these. Dave, call me disillusioned (pun intended), but I think you're just making up excuses at this point to continue this exercise in futility.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave,

This means I have been deliberately misled by hundreds of pilots, hundreds of astronauts, tens of thousands of astronomers, participants in the Google Lunar X contest, and countless others (did I mention historians?). Many of these people are not atheists, including many Christians. All are part of a gigantic plot.

I have been misled by many others, starting from my parents and teachers, though they may be innocent themselves, having been fooled all along.

Amazing.

By the way- who exactly are the Illuminati and Bilderberg? I do not trust what the internet will say about them. And how is lying about the shape of the world going to help them take over?

No, we've not been "deliberately misled by hundreds of pilots, hundreds of astronauts, tens of thousands of astronomers, participants in the Google Lunar X contest, and countless others (did I mention historians?). Many of these people are not atheists, including many Christians. All are part of a gigantic plot."

Most of these you think mislead everyone else do so believing what they are teaching is factual. But we have been deliberately lied to by some who actually know that they are not telling the truth.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, we've not been "deliberately misled by hundreds of pilots, hundreds of astronauts, tens of thousands of astronomers, participants in the Google Lunar X contest, and countless others (did I mention historians?). Many of these people are not atheists, including many Christians. All are part of a gigantic plot."

Most of these you think mislead everyone else do so believing what they are teaching is factual. But we have been deliberately lied to by some who actually know that they are not telling the truth.

--Dave
Again, if the masses are not lying about going to space, then what's the point in denying it?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps I used the wrong word. My point remains that the atmosphere does reflect and refract light on such a way as to cause these. Dave, call me disillusioned (pun intended), but I think you're just making up excuses at this point to continue this exercise in futility.

There is a type of mirage I forgot to mention which is seeing, or imagining to see, something that is not a mirrored reflection of something that actually exists. This type of mirage is in the mind and is not a reflection of any thing out side of it, like a globed earth.

Ok, you're disillusioned (no pun intended)

--Dave

chair

--Dave

And these people are the Illuminati and some other group.. who are these people, and how are they going to control the world by this fraud?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, there you go, spouting your conspiracist nonsense again. Once again, you fail to consider the two or three witnesses passage from the Bible, which, in case you've forgotten, means that we are to weigh evidence. The fact that we went to the moon is undeniable, we have video from the moon, from orbit, we even have a live video feed from the International Space Station, for crying out loud. Oh, and let's not forget all the technology that was invented during our space program, like the ballpoint pen. They themselves are proof we went to space. You have Yuri Gagarin's first flight, and he was a Russian! Their technology is still FAR INFERIOR to ours compared to back in the early 60s, and yet they somehow managed to put the first object into orbit, send the first creature into space, and the first man into orbit. Do you distrust the former President of the United States so much as to say he really didn't want us to go to the moon before the end of the decade? Do you really distrust the astronauts, some of whom (Apollo 1) died on the launch pad in the effort to reach the moon? That's going a little far, Dave, don't you think?

Did you not get the memo?

This is a conspiracy subject.

The debate is, is this is non-sense or not.

If you don't like debate then why are you part of a debate website???

Your participation is a self contradiction.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And these people are the Illuminati and some other group.. who are these people, and how are they going to control the world by this fraud?

That's not the subject of this thread. I believe there are threads that discuss that subject.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.