The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
The Cavendish experiment, performed in 1797–1798 by British scientist Henry Cavendish, was the first experiment to measure the force of gravity between masses in the laboratory[1] and the first to yield accurate values for the gravitational constant.

Cavendish experiment
Accurate? How do we know? What controls did this experiment use? Who else was there to validate his, so called, results?

--Dave

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I feel sorry for the narrator. You can tell he's like.... "do I really have to explain this??"

Flat earth trolls have been spreading across the internet for quite some time now. I participate on another forum that has been trolled by flattards for several years now. One of them was Eric Dubay, before he got perma-banned. It was only a matter of time before someone brought it here.

Flat earth trolling is basically a hobby for these types who push the issue. They try to outdo themselves and each other by contriving arguments in favor of the idea. It's all a complete joke, though. I don't believe that Dave actually buys into this guff, as evidenced by the pathetic substance of his replies. I think he's just in it for kicks.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat earth trolls have been spreading across the internet for quite some time now. I participate on another forum that has been trolled by flattards for several years now. One of them was Eric Dubay, before he got perma-banned. It was only a matter of time before someone brought it here.

Flat earth trolling is basically a hobby for these types who push the issue. They try to outdo themselves and each other by contriving arguments in favor of the idea. It's all a complete joke, though. I don't believe that Dave actually buys into this guff, as evidenced by the pathetic substance of his replies. I think he's just in it for kicks.

Not for kicks. A theology of God, which is my main personal interest, must include a cosmology. The Bible presents a cosmology. Plato and Aristotle developed a theology of God, call natural theology as opposed to revealed theology, that included a cosmology. Hinduism has a cosmology of God as well. Atheism has a cosmology, the evolution of the cosmos as opposed to theism's creation of the same.

Flat earth is the Genesis of cosmology's that has evolved into block and multi-universes that are all a synthesis of theology and science. Every body here has a world view that incorporates their cosmology with an explanation of how and why everything exists that speaks to our desire to understand human origin and destiny--how it all began, how it all will end.

I believe that among the many cosmologies and theologies, through out history, one is correct and all the others are wrong. If this is not the case than all of them are correct and none of them are wrong, which is relativity and absurd. If the Copernican cosmology was absolutely correct and certain we would not have gotten Special relativity, space-time theory would not have been necessary. Flat earth theory, a surprise to me, never really went away and is becoming popular today. I want to understand it, debate it, then accept or reject it. I also want to understand why a single Copernican universe failed, in other words, why relativity, why multiverses.

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Distance vs curvature

When looking at this picture, the road comes to an end and any vehicle disappears with it. The sides of the road narrow almost, but not quite, to a point. The landscape, from our elevated eye sight, appears to rise up and meet the sky, (horizon line) but it is not. If a plane was flying over head it would appear to be coming down to the horizon line, but it is not. We assume the ground, in places we can see it, is level. We have to believe one of two possibilities about what occurs at the limit of our own horizon line.

We are told that the curve of the earth begins and the disappearance of the car is partly due to the curvature of the earth. The other possibility is that the car has not gone over a curved earth but is only beyond our ability to see more than two to three miles. I would suppose that if a pair of binoculars brought the car and more of the road into view we would conclude that there was no curvature but only distance.

--Dave

View attachment 25207

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Those of us who testify to the knowledge of Christ learn all about how illusions are formed in our mind with the processing of light waves.

We also understand this passage;

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created* the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

The earth was created as information so it doesn't exist at all unless the ground below your feet is observed by your created sense of sight that detects the light waves responsible for illuminating the ground.
So nothing exists for the blind?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Distance vs curvature

When looking at this picture, the road comes to an end and any vehicle disappears with it. The sides of the road narrow almost, but not quite, to a point. The landscape, from our elevated eye sight, appears to rise up and meet the sky, (horizon line) but it is not. If a plane was flying over head it would appear to be coming down to the horizon line, but it is not. We assume the ground, in places we can see it, is level. We have to believe one of two possibilities about what occurs at the limit of our own horizon line.

We are told that the curve of the earth begins and the disappearance of the car is partly due to the curvature of the earth. The other possibility is that the car has not gone over a curved earth but is only beyond our ability to see more than two to three miles. I would suppose that if a pair of binoculars brought the car and more of the road into view we would conclude that there was no curvature but only distance.

--Dave

View attachment 25207

Did it ever occur to you that our limited eyesight (2 to 3 miles) is the reason that you cannot see the curvature of the Earth? You draw conclusions based on incomplete data.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did it ever occur to you that our limited eyesight (2 to 3 miles) is the reason that you cannot see the curvature of the Earth? You draw conclusions based on incomplete data.

I said if you take binoculars and see it you know there is no curvature. Read my whole argument next time.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
if the earth is flat, then there's an edge

show me a picture of the edge, taken from an airplane

you do believe in airplanes, right?

do you believe in satellites?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
if the earth is flat, then there's an edge

show me a picture of the edge, taken from an airplane

you do believe in airplanes, right?

do you believe in satellites?

There is no edge that we can reach because there is an Ice Wall surrounding the oceans called Antarctica in the flat earth model. No can go there even to explore! Flights never go "over" Antarctic, they only hit the edges.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no edge that we can reach because there is an Ice Wall surrounding the oceans called Antarctica in the flat earth model. No one can go there even to explore! Flights never go "over" Antarctic, they only hit the edges.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My son is a land surveyor and last June while I was visiting with him and his family, I asked him about the curvature of the earth. He said they never consider the curvature of the earth because they work off of level grids that can be as big as a whole U.S. state. So their earth is nothing but a series of level grids. When they shoot a set of railroad tracks, they're shooting it in as level according to the level grid. Of course the tracks have to go up and down a little according to the hilly land but they're set off of a level grid.

When they move from one level grid to another, they don't have a curve in their tracks to adjust to the next grid. They remain level according to the level grids. This means to a land surveyor, the earth's surface is level.

Yes there are large projects, tracks and canals, that were build on a level plane not a curved earth .

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My son is a land surveyor and last June while I was visiting with him and his family, I asked him about the curvature of the earth. He said they never consider the curvature of the earth because they work off of level grids that can be as big as a whole U.S. state. So their earth is nothing but a series of level grids. When they shoot a set of railroad tracks, they're shooting it in as level according to the level grid. Of course the tracks have to go up and down a little according to the hilly land but they're set off of a level grid.

When they move from one level grid to another, they don't have a curve in their tracks to adjust to the next grid. They remain level according to the level grids. This means to a land surveyor, the earth's surface is level.

This is simply false.

First of all, the vasy majority of land based projected are on a scale too small to worry about the curvature of the Earth.

But on large scale surveys, corrections are made for the curvature of the earth. Such corrections are more noticable the further north you go. On large scale two dimentional maps of Canada, for example, lines that actually do go straight north, jog to one side or the other every so often to correct for the curvature of the Earth. Otherwise, the four 90 degree corners of Saskatchewan would form a rectangle. The reason it doesn't is because it's on a sphere and the north south lines converge at the poles!

Speaking of north and south poles. If the Earth is flat, what's generating the Earth's magnetic field and what could account for the fact that it is preciselely the right shape that might trick you into believing the Earth to be spherical in shape? Is God Himself in on this conspiracy?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You, I and God exist as an AI and Voice system built into a computer simulation program by some unknown source who had the ability to build computer simulations. We're probably one program out of trillions made in the past.

just curious - why trillions?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat plane vs curvature experiment

Using this picture to determine flatness vs curvature we can further test for an answer by imagining our self traveling in our car from point A, in the picture, to point B, which is 3 miles ahead to where our vanishing point is. If we see flatness from point B to the next 3 mile vanishing point ahead of us, at point C, and if we can look behind us and see the 3 mile vanishing point we came from, at point A, we have established 6 miles with no curvature. If we go 3 more miles from B to C and can look back and see the flatness behind us as well as 3 more miles of flatness ahead of us to point D we have established 9 miles of flat earth.

View attachment 25207

View attachment 25210

From the Pythagorean curvature chart we can see that the curved earth drops 6 feet from point A to point B in 3 miles. The earth drops 24 feet from point A to point C in 6 miles. The earth drops 54 feet from point A to point D in 9 miles.

Do we traveled 9 miles from point A to point D on a flat plane or do we drop 54 feet in 9 miles on a curved earth without realizing or seeing it?

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.