JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I initiate the debate here, not you.

--Dave
Oh, so you don't really care about what other people have to say when they present their evidence for a globe earth? You think you can just ignore what's being said?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, so you don't really care about what other people have to say when they present their evidence for a globe earth? You think you can just ignore what's being said?

Most of what you post is an attempt to antagonize, like this one, which is the idiot in you.

You are capable of good stuff, so don't waste my time or your's with idiot comments.

With care and love,

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wild Fly - Mirages Crazy Low Level Flyby Over Water

Low flying fighters over land and sea are not flying over a curve. Watch and see.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Translation:

"All counter examples to my claims will be dismissed as fakes."

How does one debate against an unfalsifiable position?

In the video the earth is not moving, spinning, that means it is not real. Unless you can explain it.

Did you see the jet fighters flying at low level? They travel one mile in 6 to 10 seconds. They could never stay level at that speed, we would see them curving downward if a curve was there, one would think.

It takes many videos from both sides to see the real from the fake. But that last one, with the clouds moving and the sons reflection moving around a stationary earth looked like a fake to me.

No single point will solve this, the accumulation of evidence over time will.

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the video the earth is not moving, spinning, that means it is not real. Unless you can explain it.

Did you see the jet fighters flying at low level? They travel one mile in 6 to 10 seconds. They could never stay level at that speed, we would see them curving downward if a curve was there, one would think.

It takes many videos from both sides to see the real from the fake. But that last one, with the clouds moving and the suns reflection moving around a stationary earth looked like a fake to me.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There are at least two possible explanations.

1. It is spinning, just not at a rate you can detect in the video.
2. It is not spinning relative to whatever it is that took the video.

David, this is stupidity. I'm not even going to dignify it with a direct response.

It takes many videos from both sides to see the real from the fake. But that last one, with the clouds moving and the sons reflection moving around a stationary earth looked like a fake to me.

Dave, you make claims and then, in 30 seconds, I find multiple, perfectly valid counter-examples that you respond too by implying that they are fake. On what planet would that sort of thinking ever lead to an objective conclusion?

Clete

Derf

Why is the earth not spinning?

--Dave

P.S. It took me 30 seconds to see this video was fake because I took time to watch it.

The earth in the video is spinning. But the satellite that took the pictures is moving at essentially the same rate. Thus no apparent spin. This answer is from the comment under the video YOU POSTED when you look at it from youtube:

Published on Jan 18, 2017
The Himawari 8 satellite is a Japanese weather satellite, the 8th of the Himawari geostationary weather satellites operated by the Japan Meteorological Agency.​
Dave, I think you are intelligent enough to understand what "geostationary" means, but if not, please ask.

But some of the video IS fake, just not the part you seem to think! "The Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (Cira) has also developed a looped image of what the Earth would look like in true-color (below-top) compared to something known as 'geocolor' (below-bottom). In geocolor, snow cover is shown in white, moonlit nighttime terrain in purple, city lights from major metropolitan areas in yellow, and daytime land and shallow-water features in true color'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...oks-like-22-000-miles-away.html#ixzz4eWCRh4Na
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"
314B71E400000578-0-image-a-10_1455655476338.jpg

314B71D800000578-0-image-m-9_1455655470912.jpg

Derf

Seems you are only interested in what you want to say on this subject and don't want to respond to what has already been posted.

Air lines only skirt the edge of Antarctica, none fly over the whole thing.

The subject of the exploration of Antarctica includes three people.

Captain James Cook of the British Navy--1700's

Sir James Clark Ross of the British Navy--1800's

Admiral Richard Byrd of the US Navy--1900's

Admiral Byrd's comment's on national TV is the bases for the mystery of Antarctica.

Here is Byrd's interview. He talks about an area beyond the north pole that was unseen and unexplored.

--Dave

I'll assume you meant "area beyond the south pole". Your Adm Byrd video is another complete refutation of your flat earth assertion. First he mentions the south pole. There is no south pole in the standard flat earth model. Then Adm Byrd mentions this unexplored area beyond the south pole that is about the size of the United States.

The United States land area is 3.797 million mi². The shoreline of a flat-earth antarctica is going to be the circumference of a circle with a radius of 11,100 miles (approximate distance from north pole to coast of Antarctica), which is 387,076,536 miles long. Let's say that half of it is already explored, and the other half, the part that Adm Byrd (in 1950s when the Longines Chronicles were aired) said was the size of the United States, is the same size as the explored half (I think this is being generous to your argument). Together they are 7.594 million mi². Dividing by the radius above, the potential size of Antarctica all along the coastline is......

Wait for it......

1.24 e-3 inches wide! In case you didn't quite get that, the width of Antactica, as determined by one of America's greatest explorers, when coupled with the nominal flat earth model is only 1/1000th of an inch.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Air lines only skirt the edge of Antarctica, none fly over the whole thing.
Yet even then... if a commercial airline flies from South Africa to Sydney Australia in about 11 hours by "skirting" the Antarctica it completely debunks the flat earth theory.

And guess what Dave??? That happens daily. :)

I initiate the debate here, not you.
Nope... sorry Dave. Just because you started the thread it doesn't make you "debate overlord". You don't set the rules here.... I do.

I am the debate overlord.

And I think you owe all of us who have taken the time to discuss this with you the decency to respond directly to the points we make.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are at least two possible explanations.

1. It is spinning, just not at a rate you can detect in the video.
2. It is not spinning relative to whatever it is that took the video.

David, this is stupidity. I'm not even going to dignify it with a direct response.

Dave, you make claims and then, in 30 seconds, I find multiple, perfectly valid counter-examples that you respond too by implying that they are fake. On what planet would that sort of thinking ever lead to an objective conclusion?

Clete

We have to examine evidence, that takes time.

The video has the same cloud patterns. There is no way in space that there would be a "perfectly" fixed orbit and a "perfectly" fixed earth. That video is obviously computer generated.

The fake video does not automatically mean the earth is flat, it means NASA and "friends" cannot be trusted.

It is a fact that low flying fighters do not adjust for a curved earth, at 5 to 6 hundred mile an hour speed they clearly travel over a flat sea that shows no curvature. At 6 to 10 seconds a mile they fly absolutely "level".

Finding a counter example only means we have two contradictory claims. I don't need a flat earth to counter that the video from space is a fake, I closely examine the video and determine it's not real.

Computer altered video is not that hard to detect when compared to real video.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The earth in the video is spinning. But the satellite that took the pictures is moving at essentially the same rate. Thus no apparent spin. This answer is from the comment under the video YOU POSTED when you look at it from youtube:

Published on Jan 18, 2017
The Himawari 8 satellite is a Japanese weather satellite, the 8th of the Himawari geostationary weather satellites operated by the Japan Meteorological Agency.​
Dave, I think you are intelligent enough to understand what "geostationary" means, but if not, please ask.

But some of the video IS fake, just not the part you seem to think! "The Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (Cira) has also developed a looped image of what the Earth would look like in true-color (below-top) compared to something known as 'geocolor' (below-bottom). In geocolor, snow cover is shown in white, moonlit nighttime terrain in purple, city lights from major metropolitan areas in yellow, and daytime land and shallow-water features in true color'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...oks-like-22-000-miles-away.html#ixzz4eWCRh4Na
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"
314B71E400000578-0-image-a-10_1455655476338.jpg

314B71D800000578-0-image-m-9_1455655470912.jpg

Neil deGrasse Tyson said the earth is an oblate spheroid, not a perfect circle.

When you see a perfect sphere and hear that it just destroys globe earth credibility.

This is obviously computer generated. I was a graphic artist for 10 years, I've seen work done that looks absolutely real, but this one is not that good.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Neil deGrasse Tyson said the earth is an oblate spheroid, not a perfect circle.

When you see a perfect sphere and hear that it just destroys globe earth credibility.

This is obviously computer generated. I was a graphic artist for 10 years, I've seen work done that looks absolutely real, but this one is not that good.

--Dave

Dave, you seem to be conflating "computer-altered"/"computer-enhanced" with "computer generated." Please stop. They do not mean the same thing.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll assume you meant "area beyond the south pole". Your Adm Byrd video is another complete refutation of your flat earth assertion. First he mentions the south pole. There is no south pole in the standard flat earth model. Then Adm Byrd mentions this unexplored area beyond the south pole that is about the size of the United States.

The United States land area is 3.797 million mi². The shoreline of a flat-earth antarctica is going to be the circumference of a circle with a radius of 11,100 miles (approximate distance from north pole to coast of Antarctica), which is 387,076,536 miles long. Let's say that half of it is already explored, and the other half, the part that Adm Byrd (in 1950s when the Longines Chronicles were aired) said was the size of the United States, is the same size as the explored half (I think this is being generous to your argument). Together they are 7.594 million mi². Dividing by the radius above, the potential size of Antarctica all along the coastline is......

Wait for it......

1.24 e-3 inches wide! In case you didn't quite get that, the width of Antactica, as determined by one of America's greatest explorers, when coupled with the nominal flat earth model is only 1/1000th of an inch.

Admiral Byrd is not a flat earther, it's his comments and the fact that Antarctica was closed off to all "unauthorized" exploration after his last trip there that causes many to believe he saw land beyond what we supposedly know about Antarctica.

Captain James Cook's "voyage lasted three years and eight days covering more than 60,000 miles. Cook had proved there was no southern continent unless it was at the pole itself."--Link

Cook traveled twice the circumference of the earth to get around Antarctica.

That's just the tip of the "ice berg" of the mysteries of Antarctica.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet even then... if a commercial airline flies from South Africa to Sydney Australia in about 11 hours by "skirting" the Antarctica it completely debunks the flat earth theory.

And guess what Dave??? That happens daily. :)

Nope... sorry Dave. Just because you started the thread it doesn't make you "debate overlord". You don't set the rules here.... I do.

I am the debate overlord.

And I think you owe all of us who have taken the time to discuss this with you the decency to respond directly to the points we make.

As the one who initiates the debate, I have had many, many, posts unanswered, and not directly responded to as well.

I have said that I can't answer all of the post anyway, you are many, I am one.

I read every post and then research it, no ones comments have been missed or ignored, they all make me compare and study more of this.

My purpose is the find out how flat earth responds to all your questions and arguments.

Forgive me Overlord if I have been, at times, slow to answer. :bow:

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.