The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Sorry, I misread... #2 is my position.

I'm totally unsure about Dave, but he certainly appears to be trying to show that he is #1.

I'm still choosing to believe that he's playing the part of a #3 but is actually a #2. I just simply cannot believe anyone with a clear mind could be a #1

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There exists three views of flat earth.

1. There are those who are absolutely convinced the earth is flat.

2. There are those who are absolutely convinced the earth is not flat.

3. There are those who are open but need more proof before they will change from the globe model and will continue to monitor the flat earth movement to see how it goes.

I've gone from number 2 to number 3. I will continue to see where flat earth goes, but I am not willing to accept it unless there is some amazing new indisputable evidence that is beyond dispute.

There are problems with the globe model that the flat earth people have pointed out, as far as I am personally concerned. There is no doubt that there is something absolutely wrong with Einstein's relativity and the theory of evolving universes. There are some of you who have become relativity cosmologists which is the direction that the globe model seems to be leading us.

As I said before, I want to divide this topic into maybe four divisions so that I can get more in depth on this.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part

3. There are those who are open but need more proof before they will change from the globe model and will continue to monitor the flat earth movement to see how it goes.

I've gone from number 2 to number 3. I will continue to see where flat earth goes, but I am not willing to accept it unless there is some amazing new indisputable evidence that is beyond dispute.

There are problems with the globe model that the flat earth people have pointed out, as far as I am personally concerned. There is no doubt that there is something absolutely wrong with Einstein's relativity and the theory of evolving universes. There are some of you who have become relativity cosmologists which is the direction that the globe model seems to be leading us.

As I said before, I want to divide this topic into maybe four divisions so that I can get more in depth on this.

--Dave
I believe that you have erred there Dave. The only problems that I have seen pointed out were wholly fake. They use completely invalid argumentation as "proof". Fallacious arguments every time.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know you ended your participation here, but I found this comment interesting and this is how I would have answered it.

The video did no such thing. The video assumed only that the sun was very close to 90 degrees from our viewing angle of the moon. You'd agree that when the moon is lit by half, the sun is 90 degrees from our line of sight of the moon?

If you agree, then neither the globe or flat earth model was assumed. And that's what makes your post interesting; for a person of your intellectual ability, it should have been obvious that neither the globe or flat earth model was assumed.

For my part, I'll agree that I wish he would have shown the distance the moon would have had to have been from the earth for both bodies to be within the boundary of a flat earth model.

Aristarchus of Samos did not prove the earth was a globe. He demonstrates the distance of the sun from the earth "if" the earth is a globe, as you can see from the illustration that is always used to explain it.

View attachment 25491

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave

Dave, do you think that anything that science should generally affirm the idea that God created the universe?

Also, What, in your opinion, are the problems that have been pointed out by the flat earthers? In addition, do you know where to draw the line between true science and science fiction, ie truth and opinions?

Do you know where to draw the line between what Christians teach vs what secular science teaches?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TOL mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe that you have erred there Dave. The only problems that I have seen pointed out were wholly fake. They use completely invalid argumentation as "proof". Fallacious arguments every time.

That is your opinion. I will continue to argue they have valid arguments.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would love to see one.

Your opinion is already, there is no evidence for flat earth, so you will never "see" any.

That's called bias, which means any thing said as evidence for flat earth you will simply call a lie.

I suggest you observe future posts and spare us, or at least me, your "predictable" commentary.

There is only one way to approach this topic properly. I'll let you guess how that should be and see if you know the answer to that.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Aristarchus of Samos did not prove the earth was a globe. He demonstrates the distance of the sun from the earth "if" the earth is a globe, as you can see from the illustration that is always used to explain it.

View attachment 25491

--Dave

First of all, in "the illustration," all we see is a circle, not a sphere. And a sphere can look like a circle from far away, and from any direction. So, I'd like to know why you assume "sphere" from that image, or at least provide us with Aristarchus's own drawings and notes, to show that he assumed "sphere" over no assumption over the shape of the earth. Can you do that Dave? I doubt it.

But, as it's been pointed out before, it doesn't matter what shape the earth is. You go by what the numbers say, not by what assumptions are made. Who cares if Ari thought that the earth was round or flat, trigonometry says that if Triangle ABC has angles A, B, and C, and sides x, y, and z, that if you add up the angles, the number of degrees equals 180 degrees. It says that you can use trigonometric functions sine, cosine, and tangent to determine the ratio of the lengths any two of sides x, y, and z using the angles of the triangle. It says that if you know the length of one side and at least two of the angles, you can calculate the other two sides' lengths and the third angle, using the ratios from above.

And none of that relies on the earth being round or flat.

Dave, You can do the same experiment Ari did (as was done in the previously linked video on the moon) and not assume anything other than that when the moon is half illuminated, our position and the sun's position form a 90 degree angle with the moon. Use the image you used, and instead of using the word "Earth", use "observer." Do the math, and then tell us if the ratios and distances would match the flat earth model or the round earth model.

Right Divider

Body part
Your opinion is already, there is no evidence for flat earth, so you will never "see" any.
That is your opinion and it is wrong.

That's called bias, which means any thing said as evidence for flat earth you will simply call a lie.
Again, your wrong opinion.

I suggest you observe future posts and spare us, or at least me, your "predictable" commentary.
I have read many of the posts in this thread and watch many videos, including many of the ridiculous ones that you have posted.

ALL of your so-called "evidence" was contrived and fallacious. ALL of it.

There is only one way to approach this topic properly. I'll let you guess how that should be and see if you know the answer to that.

--Dave
Ah....the superior way.

You've been clearly shown the various errors in each of the supposed evidences for the flat earth and against the global earth and yet it is you that has shown bias toward poor reasoning and acceptance of false facts. Sorry Dave, you've gone from correct (#2) to confused (#3).

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
First of all, in "the illustration," all we see is a circle, not a sphere. And a sphere can look like a circle from far away, and from any direction. So, I'd like to know why you assume "sphere" from that image, or at least provide us with Aristarchus's own drawings and notes, to show that he assumed "sphere" over no assumption over the shape of the earth. Can you do that Dave? I doubt it.

But, as it's been pointed out before, it doesn't matter what shape the earth is. You go by what the numbers say, not by what assumptions are made. Who cares if Ari thought that the earth was round or flat, trigonometry says that if Triangle ABC has angles A, B, and C, and sides x, y, and z, that if you add up the angles, the number of degrees equals 180 degrees. It says that you can use trigonometric functions sine, cosine, and tangent to determine the ratio of the lengths any two of sides x, y, and z using the angles of the triangle. It says that if you know the length of one side and at least two of the angles, you can calculate the other two sides' lengths and the third angle, using the ratios from above.

And none of that relies on the earth being round or flat.

Dave, You can do the same experiment Ari did (as was done in the previously linked video on the moon) and not assume anything other than that when the moon is half illuminated, our position and the sun's position form a 90 degree angle with the moon. Use the image you used, and instead of using the word "Earth", use "observer." Do the math, and then tell us if the ratios and distances would match the flat earth model or the round earth model.

"‘universe’ is the name given by most astronomers to the sphere whose centre is the centre of the Earth and whose radius is equal to the straight line between the centre of the Sun and the centre of the Earth. [...] But Aristarchus of Samos brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses, in which the premises lead to the result that the universe is many times greater than that now so called. His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun in the circumference of a circle, the Sun lying in the middle of the orbit, and that the sphere of the fixed stars, situated about the same centre as the Sun, is so great that the circle in which he supposes the Earth to revolve bears such a proportion to the distance of the fixed stars as the centre of the sphere bears to its surface."
(Archimedes, 1-2)--Link

Aristarchus is never associated with flat earth. He is a not the first one to believe in a globe earth. His thesis is that the globe earth rotates around the sun not vise versa. He demonstrates the distance or the earth from the sun from his globe presupposition. He also bases his equation on a premise that, "as observed during a lunar eclipse, the diameter of Earth’s shadow is twice the diameter of the Moon;" --Link for quote

View attachment 25492

But there are lunar eclipses that occur when the sun is rising and the moon is still visible that have been recorded through out history that contradicts that the lunar eclipse occurs when then the moon is blocked buy the earth in the globe model.

FLAT EARTH | Daytime Moon & Eclipse PROVE FLAT EARTH

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is your opinion and it is wrong.

Again, your wrong opinion.

I have read many of the posts in this thread and watch many videos, including many of the ridiculous ones that you have posted.

ALL of your so-called "evidence" was contrived and fallacious. ALL of it.

Ah....the superior way.

You've been clearly shown the various errors in each of the supposed evidences for the flat earth and against the global earth and yet it is you that has shown bias toward poor reasoning and acceptable of false facts. Sorry Dave, you've gone from correct (#2) to confused (#3).

Thank you for proving my point, "any thing said as evidence for flat earth you will simply call a lie."

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"‘universe’ is the name given by most astronomers to the sphere whose centre is the centre of the Earth and whose radius is equal to the straight line between the centre of the Sun and the centre of the Earth. [...] But Aristarchus of Samos brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses, in which the premises lead to the result that the universe is many times greater than that now so called. His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun in the circumference of a circle, the Sun lying in the middle of the orbit, and that the sphere of the fixed stars, situated about the same centre as the Sun, is so great that the circle in which he supposes the Earth to revolve bears such a proportion to the distance of the fixed stars as the centre of the sphere bears to its surface."
(Archimedes, 1-2)--Link

Aristarchus is never associated with flat earth. He is a not the first one to believe in a globe earth. His thesis is that the globe earth rotates around the sun not vise versa. He demonstrates the distance or the earth from the sun from his globe presupposition. He also bases his equation on a premise that, "as observed during a lunar eclipse, the diameter of Earth’s shadow is twice the diameter of the Moon;" --Link for quote

View attachment 25492

But there are lunar eclipses that occur when the sun is rising and the moon is still visible that have been recorded through out history that contradicts that the lunar eclipse occurs when then the moon is blocked buy the earth in the globe model.

--Dave

Again, whether the earth is flat or round has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on raw calculations for distances and angles. Dave, I want you to prove to me, using your own measurements, that the sun is close to the earth. Show us that that the math (not what someone says about the shape of the earth) that says that the sun is far away is wrong. If you cannot, the entire flat earth model can be thrown out, because one of it's fundamental assertions is wrong. Not just some minor detail, but a fundamental assertion, what the model has to have correct in order for it to be remotely true.

So again, Dave, show us that math that says that the sun is NOT 93 million miles from the earth, and you will have a good start on the rest of the theory.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
(Archimedes, 1-2)--Link

View attachment 25492

--Dave
Also, have you gone through his calculations? Have you compared them with reality? Do his calculations (if they match reality) show evidence of a flat or round earth? Forget his "assumptions" for a moment and look at the math he used.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also, have you gone through his calculations? Have you compared them with reality? Do his calculations (if they match reality) show evidence of a flat or round earth? Forget his "assumptions" for a moment and look at the math he used.

An equation, in itself, is not a proof. All equations are only as good as the premises they are based on. Space time relativity is based on assumed premises as well. This does not mean, in all fairness, that globe earth is wrong, but this opens the door for questioning, it means that it's not based on purely empirical evidence and mathematical calculations.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
An equation, in itself, is not a proof. All equations are only as good as the premises they are based on. Space time relativity is based on assumed premises as well. This does not mean, in all fairness, that globe earth is wrong, but this opens the door for questioning, it means that it's not based on purely empirical evidence and mathematical calculations.

--Dave
Dave, have you ever done any measurements of the earth, moon, and sun?

Have you ever seen any of the calculations done to try to measure the distances between the earth, moon, and sun, and the angles that they form?

Status
Not open for further replies.