The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that the purpose is clear. When you know better than everybody else, and better than all those so-called experts, it gives you a warm feeling inside. This works especially well if you don't actually know much and have a hard time following facts and arguments. Why feel ignorant when one can feel superior?

This is about comparing two points of view, that's what a debate is.

--Dave

chair

This is a debate not a lecture.

--Dave

One one side either ignores everything the other says, or claims that the facts are all lies, refuses to go outside and watch what actually happens in the real world- there is no debate. There is one guy sticking to his preconceived notion no matter what.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One one side either ignores everything the other says, or claims that the facts are all lies, refuses to go outside and watch what actually happens in the real world- there is no debate. There is one guy sticking to his preconceived notion no matter what.

I have posted the evidence from flat earth sources that say other wise. Let every one make up there own minds about what is true.

Once you say there is no debate you have ended your participation here.

--Dave

chair

I have posted the evidence from flat earth sources that say other wise. Let every one make up there own minds about what is true.

Once you say there is no debate you have ended your participation here.

--Dave

Dave, the plain fact is that there is no proper debate. Not because I or anyone else refuses to participate. Because you refuse to consider the other sides input. People have watched your videos, considered your arguments- and responded. That is a correct form of responding to your opponent in a debate.

You, on the other hand, ignore much of what others say, label the rest as lies, and make unsupported assertions.

The reason there in no debate here is you, Dave. Not me, nor anyone else.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, the plain fact is that there is no proper debate. Not because I or anyone else refuses to participate. Because you refuse to consider the other sides input. People have watched your videos, considered your arguments- and responded. That is a correct form of responding to your opponent in a debate.

You, on the other hand, ignore much of what others say, label the rest as lies, and make unsupported assertions.

The reason there in no debate here is you, Dave. Not me, nor anyone else.

I don't have to consider the other side, I have to present the counter point. That's what a debate is, point/argument vs counter point/argument.

Here you are on a debate website arguing against the fundamentals of debate.

--Dave

chair

I don't have to consider the other side, I have to present the counter point. That's what a debate is, point/argument vs counter point/argument.

--Dave

A says "The earth is flat"
B counters with "The Earth is a globe".

A gives some evidence
B shows why A's evidence is wrong
B gives some evidence.
A ignores it, or says "nah, lies"

Do I have it right now?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
B counters with "The Earth is a globe".

A gives some evidence
B shows why A's evidence is wrong
B gives some evidence.
A ignores it, or says "nah, lies"

Do I have it right now?

No! It's going more like this:

B counters with "Are you nuts? Everyone knows the Earth is a globe".

A gives some evidence
B says "there is no evidence for flat earth."

But I will sum things up starting next post.

--Dave

chair

No! It's going more like this:

B counters with "Are you nuts? Everyone knows the Earth is a globe".

A gives some evidence
B says "there is no evidence for flat earth."

But I will sum things up starting next post.

--Dave

Dave, this is simply false. And I think you know it quite well.
But let's see your summary.

The Berean

There's more than one kind of satellite. It's a video, you see the balloon in the trees at the end of it.

--Dave
And what is the type of satellite in that in that video, Dave? Do you know the different types of satellites? That hunk of junk is not a satellite. I don't see any bus structure, or antennae, or thrusters, of any kind. Again it looked more like some sort of student project.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave

And here you are on a debate website saying "I don't have to consider the other side, I [just] have to present the counter point."

That's not what a debate is, that's not how debates work, and the reason the fundamentals of debate are being discussed is that you don't seem to know them. At all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The mistake this video makes is that is assumes the globe model in order to establish the distance of sun from earth. It then applies those angels and distances to the flat earth model. Figures derived from an assumed globe model does not prove the earth model and does not disprove the flat earth model. There are at least three fallacies in his argument but it's simply circular reasoning.

--Dave
Dave... did you just make that up off the top of your head?

The video does no such thing. Trigonometry is trigonometry... math is math. You can do these equations yourself and get accurate distances of the sun and the moon.

Wouldn't that be valuable? Wouldn't knowing the actual distances of the sun and moon be important in your quest to "explore" this topic?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You guys aren't debating with Dave anymore, Dave was proven wrong a number of times on this thread long ago. Now you are arguing with Dave's pride. His reasonable mind left the building!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
A 100-foot-tall ship that is 15 miles away is not visible. That's because it is blocked by the curvature of the Earth. As it approaches, it "rises." First the tip of the mast is visible, then more and more of the ship comes into view as the ship gets closer:

earth-curve.gif

Another fact which demonstrates the curvature of the earth is that it is possible to see farther over the horizon by climbing higher in the ship, or, when on land, on high cliffs.

Earth curvature line of sight:

LineofSight.png

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
These are the phases of the moon as seen in the Northern Hemisphere:

phases.gif

These are the same phases of the moon as seen in the Southern Hemisphere:

phasessouth.gif

The movement of the shaded portion is reversed in each hemisphere because in the Northern Hemisphere the sunlit part of the moon moves from right to left:

Moon-Phases-N.gif

In the Southern Hemisphere the sunlit part moves from the left to the right:

Moon-Phases-S.gif

Also, in the Northern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate counterclockwise around the North Star, Polaris. However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate clockwise around Sigma Octantis.

All of these things, taken together, are only possible if the earth is a sphere.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These are the phases of the moon as seen in the Northern Hemisphere:

phases.gif

These are the same phases of the moon as seen in the Southern Hemisphere:

phasessouth.gif

The movement of the shaded portion is reversed in each hemisphere because in the Northern Hemisphere the sunlit part of the moon moves from right to left:

Moon-Phases-N.gif

In the Southern Hemisphere the sunlit part moves from the left to the right:

Moon-Phases-S.gif

Also, in the Northern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate counterclockwise around the North Star, Polaris. However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate clockwise around Sigma Octantis.

All of these things, taken together, are only possible if the earth is a sphere.

Good post and evidence for globe earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what is the type of satellite in that in that video, Dave? Do you know the different types of satellites? That hunk of junk is not a satellite. I don't see any bus structure, or antennae, or thrusters, of any kind. Again it looked more like some sort of student project.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

That's a possibility but not a proof.

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave... did you just make that up off the top of your head?

The video does no such thing. Trigonometry is trigonometry... math is math. You can do these equations yourself and get accurate distances of the sun and the moon.

Wouldn't that be valuable? Wouldn't knowing the actual distances of the sun and moon be important in your quest to "explore" this topic?

You can't derive a "true" distance from an assumed globe cosmology and then impose that calculation on a flat earth model.

The argument is propositional, "if" this "then" that.

"If" the earth is a globe and revolves around the sun and the moon revolves around the earth, "then" we can calculate the sun to be at a distance of so many miles away when we use a triangulation with the moon.

This does not prove the globe model or the distance of the sun from the earth.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.