The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You mean like these satellites?

You do realize that no satellite is allowed to get close to the ISS because a collision can severely damage the ISS and potentially kill any persons onboard the ISS?

Moreover, if Dave wanted to watch satellites go by many can be seen with the naked eye racing across the night sky at 17,000 MPH, in fact if he wanted to see a giant satellite called the International Space Station he can merely put his city & state address in on this site https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/and they will tell him when he can watch the behemoth go over his area. The absurdity of this entire flat earth notion really boggles the mind but, conspiracy theories usually take the path of the absurd.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are wrong Dave.

Even at that relatively low altitude you can see the curvature of the earth.

In my attachment the green line is flat. The pink link is directly placed on the earth's surface.

The higher you climb in altitude the more the earth, if a ball, would fall away from you. When you see the horizon rise up to you at high altitude that is a fact of geometry that you are looking at an extended flat plain.

This is how the earth looks at high altitude with out wide angle or fish eye lenses or photo shop.

View attachment 25481

--Dave

P.S. Toward the end of the video of the Virgin Galactic flight you can see the horizon bend and see that it is a flat horizon.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean like these satellites?

You do realize that no satellite is allowed to get close to the ISS because a collision can severely damage the ISS and potentially kill any persons onboard the ISS?

This video is about as fake as you can get. And how do you even know those tiny lights way off in the distance were satellites?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are wrong Dave.

Even at that relatively low altitude you can see the curvature of the earth.

In my attachment the green line is flat. The pink link is directly placed on the earth's surface.

The horizon bends to straight at the end of this video and where is that moving earth that the ISS shows us???

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My Perspective (Rory Cooper) - Flat Earth Perpsective

In this video we see how "angles" prove a flat stationary earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NASA Rocket at 300,000 feet, reveals the Edge of the Flat Earth See the shocking Video Footage

Everyone notice there is absolutely no movement of earth under any high altitude video accept from the ISS.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Moreover, if Dave wanted to watch satellites go by many can be seen with the naked eye racing across the night sky at 17,000 MPH, in fact if he wanted to see a giant satellite called the International Space Station he can merely put his city & state address in on this site https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/and they will tell him when he can watch the behemoth go over his area. The absurdity of this entire flat earth notion really boggles the mind but, conspiracy theories usually take the path of the absurd.

Calling that tiny dot way out in the distance a satellite is what is absurd.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Deconstructing the NASA ISS Live Feed

The ISS has been caught showing cloud cover where from the ground there were no clouds in the sky.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The higher you climb in altitude the more the earth, if a ball, would fall away from you. When you see the horizon rise up to you at high altitude that is a fact of geometry that you are looking at an extended flat plain.

This is how the earth looks at high altitude with out wide angle or fish eye lenses or photo shop.

View attachment 25481

--Dave

P.S. Toward the end of the video of the Virgin Galactic flight you can see the horizon bend and see that it is a flat horizon.

Dave, once again, you've shown that you've completely ignored the evidence we gave you.

If you were to climb Mount Everest, the distance from you to the horizon would be about 230 miles, or about 370 km. On a flat earth, 29,029 ft (5.498 miles) above sea level would you well above any obstructions, and you should be able to see a lot farther than that. Not to mention that the vertical angle you would be looking would not be at 0°, it would be about -1.37°, or 1.37° below horizontal. (http://cossincalc.com/#angle_a=&sid...de_b=&angle_c=90&side_c=230&angle_unit=degree) So you're not even looking at the horizon at that angle on a flat earth. You're looking below it. So in order to look farther away, just look higher right? WRONG. 230 miles away from you on the earth is about as far as you'll ever see from Mount Everest. Because you're looking at the horizon, and because reality shows that you are indeed on a round earth, anything that you can see farther away would have it's position relative to the ground below it below the horizon.

In a moment I will edit this post to include a circle drawn on a map that shows just how much of the earth you would be able to see from the top of Mount Everest.

Here is that image:

ea431707c47d1a0b0c76fe13d203d88d.jpg

So Dave, how do you respond to that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Calling that tiny dot way out in the distance a satellite is what is absurd.

--Dave

So Dave, if you and I were out on the highway, and I pointed out a tiny dot on the road before us that was really far away from us and called it a car, would you say that what I said was absurd?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

View attachment 25481

--Dave

I see how this works... I prove you wrong.... you ignore my proof and just keep spitting out flat earth propaganda. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

By the way... Dave what makes you think the image you posted isn't photoshoppped? It appears manipulated to me. And just so you know... I work in Photoshop daily and have taught dozen's of communications workers and artists how to use Photoshop. I may not know everything... but I know Photoshop.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I say we start a fund. Lets gather up enough money to buy a plane ticket for Dave. We will fly him from Johannesburg S. Africa to Sydney Australia. Dave you can fly from Johannesburg to Sydney in about 11 hours.

That's less than half the time it would take if the earth was flat.

Dave... would flying from Johannesburg to Sydney in 11 hours be proof enough for you that the earth cannot be flat?

It was proof enough for the maker of this video....

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I see how this works... I prove you wrong.... you ignore my proof and just keep spitting out flat earth propaganda. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

That's what trolls do.

By the way, last night I was out driving and happened to notice yet another proof against the flat earth--not that we needed another proof, but here it is...I looked up and I saw the third quarter moon rising. It looked something similar to this:

0107pod16.jpg

It's obvious why this is a proof against Dave's flattardism, but let's see if Dave can figure it out for himself. When he can't, then we'll explain it to him in terms that even a child would understand. Of course, he will still ignore/obfuscate/dissimulate the facts as we would expect from a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.