The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
The small close sun and the massive size of the earth. Perhaps thousands of miles of land and ice beyond the wall of ice that surrounds what we call earth.

Forming a square ultimately with the circle of the earth in the middle. A circle squared, giving us the Four Corners of the earth. The Bible is exactly right on the earth, moon, stars, heavenly bodies and the heavens, cosmos.

The distance that the sun travels takes it below the visible horizon and out of view. It really is line of sight perspective. Explained in the video as well but not with my model. Very few I have ever heard so far have mentioned the things that I do about the size of earth. We can't get to the edge because of weather, temps, distance, fuel, landing areas, communications etc. .

The earth in my mind could be 50,000 to 100,000 miles in overall size. The sun is the same size as the moon and Masons show it in their symbolism. They show the truth for all to see and we have the globe so embedded in our minds it's all we can imagine. The sun is 32 to 62 miles wide and 3,000 miles high.
26994200_1551548338292494_5859730953352491045_n.jpg
PJ... you do so much "looking around" the Internet and STILL you do no understand the simple fact that objects appear LARGER when they are close and SMALLER when they are more distant.
Our sun does NOT change size throughout the entire day.

Your myth is busted (and yet you cling to it).

Last edited:

chair

The small close sun and the massive size of the earth. Perhaps thousands of miles of land and ice beyond the wall of ice that surrounds what we call earth.

Forming a square ultimately with the circle of the earth in the middle. A circle squared, giving us the Four Corners of the earth. The Bible is exactly right on the earth, moon, stars, heavenly bodies and the heavens, cosmos.

The distance that the sun travels takes it below the visible horizon and out of view. It really is line of sight perspective. Explained in the video as well but not with my model....

If things were the way you describe them, I would expect to see the sun get smaller as the moves from noon to sunset. But I don't see that. I see the sun as the same size, and at sunset I see it disappear gradually. As if it is sinking below something. Your model doesn't explain that at all. If it was just a matter of distance, the sun should get smaller and smaller, but never disappear entirely. At night it should look like a small star far off in the distance.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have quite a cast here. The barb with the politics etc. It was fine when I started 40 Trump threads, no problem. One Biblical Flat Earth thread? Monopoly !!!! :rotfl:
You are to the point now that you can't understand anything anyone says to you. Honestly you should stop doing whatever drugs you are doing.

I'm referring to you endlessly posting meme's and videos in a thread without engaging in the discussion. On that other forum it's essentially just you... talking to yourself wasting disk space reposting crap you find on the internet. What value is that?

musterion

If it involves the Arch, he'll probably say no. If memory serves from my second grade field trip, it's 630 ft tall. That's too close to 666 feet tall. In fact, the Freemasons who made it probably lied and it actually is 666 ft.

No go up in Arch, bad mojo.

But there is an Anheuser-Busch bottling plant nearby.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If it involves the Arch, he'll probably say no. If memory serves from my second grade field trip, it's 630 ft tall. That's too close to 666 feet tall. In fact, the Freemasons who made it probably lied and it actually is 666 ft.

I pick up from that plant on an almost daily basis.

In fact, I'll be picking up from there tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Lol... it doesn't involve the arch. :chuckle:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
PJ... you do so much "looking around" the Internet and STILL you do no understand the simple fact that objects appear LARGER when they are close and SMALLER when they are more distant.
Our sun does NOT change size throughout the entire day.

Your myth is busted (and yet you cling to it).

Guess you didn't see the same sunset I did this evening.

The sun was huge.

Your idea that the sun should get smaller is an inverted mess.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Guess you didn't see the same sunset I did this evening.

The sun was huge.

Your idea that the sun should get smaller is an inverted mess.

No, the Sun was not huge. It may have seemed huge to you but it was precisely - PRECISELY - the same size in the sky as it always is. Same goes for the Moon. It does not change size when closer to the horizon - period.

The reason it seems otherwise occasionally is because, when it is closer to the horizon it's visually right next to things that are on the horizon which are much closer to you. The fact that the Sun (or Moon) is in focus along with these closer objects tricks your brain into thinking that it is closer to you than when it is high in the sky. Your brain automatically interprets this to mean that it is larger but it's just an optical illusion. If you measure the actual angular size of the Sun or Moon (i.e. how much of your field of view it takes up), it's just exactly the same at any point in the sky.

If you don't believe me (not the you wouldn't - but anyone reading this...), just go out and try it. Use the Moon, it's visually the same size as the Sun and not at all dangerous to look at directly. When the Moon rises, take a ruler and hold it out at arms length and get as good an idea of its size as you can. Then do the same thing again a few hours later.

Clete

Last edited:

musterion

No, the Sun was not huge. It may have seemed huge to you but it was precisely - PRECISELY - the same size in the sky as it always is. Same goes for the Moon. It does not change size when closer to the horizon - period.

The reason it seems otherwise occasionally is because, when it is closer to the horizon it's visually right next to things that are on the horizon which are much closer to you. The fact that the Sun (or Moon) is in focus along with these closer objects tricks your brain into thinking that it is closer to you than when it is high in the sky. Your brain automatically interprets this to mean that it is larger but it's just an optical illusion. If you measure the actual angular size of the Sun or Moon (i.e. how much of your field of view it takes up), it's just exactly the same at any point in the sky.

Clete

Assuming for a second FE is true, there would be even less reason for it to appear larger when it goes down. If anything it should truly get even smaller because it's already a relatively small object that's tracking further away from the viewer by the second

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Assuming for a second FE is true, there would be even less reason for it to appear larger when it goes down. If anything it should truly get even smaller because it's already a relatively small object that's tracking further away from the viewer by the second

Quite right!

There NO WAY that the Sun or Moon should ever even appear to be larger on the horizon if the flat earth silliness is true.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick you live near St. Louis correct?

Want to do a little experiment with me?
If I'm able. Can I do it at home? Is it taking a picture of the sun from the Lou and you in Denver area? I live right by I-55, should I run out there and lay down in the middle? Just kiddin' but yes, I'll do something even If I have to travel a bit.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I'm able. Can I do it at home? Is it taking a picture of the sun from the Lou and you in Denver area? I live right by I-55, should I run out there and lay down in the middle? Just kiddin' but yes, I'll do something even If I have to travel a bit.
Yeah pretty much. This isn't going to be a scientific experiment. Just something fun we can do and see if it sheds any light (no pun intended).

How about this.... you take a picture with your camera pointing as due west as possible at 8PM central standard time and share it here on TOL. I will take a picture at the same time which will be 7PM mountain time.

You and I don't really live that far away from each other in the grand scheme of things. Lets see what the difference is between 8CDT and 7MDT. Lets try and do it tonight if possible. Or at least within the next couple of days.

I have the Rocky Mountains to the west of me but I think we should still see an interesting comparison.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey if anyone else wants to contribute please do so.

Take a picture (due west) at 8PM Central Standard time with your phone camera and post it here on TOL. Also make sure to let us know the approximate location of where you took the picture and what time it was local to you. Maybe we can do this over the span of a few days and see what we come up with.

In essence we will all be taking a picture at about the exact same time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yeah pretty much. This isn't going to be a scientific experiment. Just something fun we can do and see if it sheds any light (no pun intended).

How about this.... you take a picture with your camera pointing as due west as possible at 8PM central standard time and share it here on TOL. I will take a picture at the same time which will be 7PM mountain time.

You and I don't really live that far away from each other in the grand scheme of things. Lets see what the difference is between 8CDT and 7MDT. Lets try and do it tonight if possible. Or at least within the next couple of days.

I have the Rocky Mountains to the west of me but I think we should still see an interesting comparison.
I'll take some pictures on my android, but for me, the hard part will be getting them from there to my computer and then to the forum.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Take a picture (due west) at 8PM Central Standard time with your phone camera and post it here on TOL. Also make sure to let us know the approximate location of where you took the picture and what time it was local to you. Maybe we can do this over the span of a few days and see what we come up with.

Good idea, that was my next suggestion in case I can't figure out how to get them to post here. I am on Tap a Talk also but never tried an image. That might work actually.

Right Divider

Body part

We are not currently on CST... perhaps you should specify your time in UTC to avoid confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.