Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
patrick if you continue to post propaganda without engaging in the debate you will be banned from TOL for good.

Sorry... but you are dead to me so frankly I don't care if you stay or go.

Duly noted. Patrick, if you keep posting images without adding your own dialog--and by that new dialog--not reposts, I won't hesitate to boot you.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gosh dangit, Dave, I can't remember the number of times I've asked you to stop doing this.

STOP PRESENTING A FALSE DICHOTOMY AND FALSE EQUIVALENCE FALLACY. GLOBE EARTH DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN BIG BANG. GLOBE EARTH IS PART OF BOTH CREATIONIST'S VIEWS AND ATHEIST'S!

Good point. As a Creationist how do you explain the movement of the planets? God no doubt created gravity but what mechanism did God create that moves the planets. Gravity can't both move planets and hold them in an orbit which is why for an atheist the big bang moves them and gravity holds, or keeps them from moving away from their orbit.

You know there are many Christians who believe God created the big bang and believe in the evolution of the universe from it but not in biological evolution.

--Dave

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just think of how many have been duped by Calvinism,

and think of all the Calvinist fathers we open theists have offended.

I think it best we just keep all the duped and all the fathers out of our debates.

--Dave

​This is called a red herring argument. Whether one is a Calvinist or an Open Theist has little to do with whether they are Flat Earth or not. There are a number of Flat earth proponents that are not even Christian. I concur with Knight. Flat Earth and Open Theism are not necessarily connected. It is actually more connected with a belief in conspiracies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Just explain how much is blocked in relation to the height of the observer at a 6 mile distance according to how you think it should be calculated.

I used the standard method that many use from the website I gave. Why is it wrong? Just explain it.

--Dave
I'm sorry Dave, I cannot do that for you. You have proven repeatedly throughout out this thread that are more than willing to ignore the works of others. This time you need to do the work yourself. It really is the best way to understand a subject.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Good point. As a Creationist how do you explain the movement of the planets? God no doubt created gravity but what mechanism did God create that moves the planets. Gravity can't both move planets and hold them in an orbit which is why for an atheist the big bang moves them and gravity holds, or keeps them from moving away from their orbit.

You know there are many Christians who believe God created the big bang and believe in the evolution of the universe from it but not in biological evolution.

--Dave

Damn shame. That.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Duly noted. Patrick, if you keep posting images without adding your own dialog--and by that new dialog--not reposts, I won't hesitate to boot you.

One more reason why women are not to speak in church.

1 Corinthians 14:34
women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

1 Timothy 2:12
12I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
​This is called a red herring argument. Whether one is a Calvinist or an Open Theist has little to do with whether they are Flat Earth or not. There are a number of Flat earth proponents that are not even Christian. I concur with Knight. Flat Earth and Open Theism are not necessarily connected. It is actually more connected with a belief in conspiracies.

Whether one is a Calvinist or an Open Theist has little to do with whether they are Flat Earth or not is exactly my point.

We shouldn't worry how people feel when we debate. If we do we will stop debating all topics not just this one.

That people get offended should not stop us and that people can be duped is why we should do it.

This topic is cutting edge for many today which is why I wanted it debated. It has my full attention but not my full endorsement.

You, Clete, and Knight can laugh off flat earth, get mad at it, even ban it, but it's growing.

--Dave

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Something about mankind zooming off into outer space bothers me.
Wonder what GOD thinks about it?
He got a little upset just for man building a high tower.
No telling what He thinks about us leaving exhaust fumes everywhere!

Genesis 11:5-6 KJV
(5) And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
(6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No weight, no mass, no mass per unit volume, you have nothing.

Exactly. You would not have anything that had weight. Things of mass and density have weight that air cannot hold up which is why things fall to the ground, no special force (gravity) needed on a flat stationary earth.

--Dave

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Something about mankind zooming off into outer space bothers me.
Wonder what GOD thinks about it?
He got a little upset just for man building a high tower.
No telling what He thinks about us leaving exhaust fumes everywhere!

Genesis 11:5-6 KJV
(5) And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
(6) And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Yep.
The devil zoomin' past God's throne is a little more than troublesome.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sorry Dave, I cannot do that for you. You have proven repeatedly throughout out this thread that are more than willing to ignore the works of others. This time you need to do the work yourself. It really is the best way to understand a subject.

I've criticised many works and have explained why including this curvature test. If you think the curvature calculator I used is wrong then it's up to you explain it not me.

--Dave

glorydaz

One more reason why women are not to speak in church.

1 Corinthians 14:34
women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

1 Timothy 2:12
12I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

This sure don't look like no church to me. This is the internet. :duh:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This sure don't look like no church to me. This is the internet. :duh:
I just heard that there is dispute among "scholars" that the PASTORAL writings of Paul in a few epistles weren't authentically Paul's. I was shocked at the assertion at first but I'd have to research that, for another thread maybe. It was said that some of the church rules etc did not fit the first century. :idunno:

glorydaz

I just heard that there is dispute among "scholars" that the PASTORAL writings of Paul in a few epistles weren't authentically Paul's. I was shocked at the assertion at first but I'd have to research that, for another thread maybe. It was said that some of the church rules etc did not fit the first century. :idunno:

I've heard that it was in response to the way the heathens behaved in the assembly. Not a bad idea in that case. I can't remember the name of that guy who used to post here (he passed on)...Desert Reign maybe? Yeah, it was him. He had some really good threads on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.