The Earth Came Up From the Water?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Water' or 'salt' is spoken in almost every book of the Bible, because these were extremely relevant for those people in the desert. They understood that water came from above and below, and salt was a constantly needed commodity.

There are still many places of the world in which this is the case, particularly out in the 3rd World. People tend to forget that, for the ancients, nothing could be taken for granted- for the Jews, their survival was so miraculous that they couldn't see it any other way then that they were being led by God.

It's really disrespectful to make dumb assumptions on what the believed concerning the world around them. Every time I see a 'model' according to what somebody puts together with a raw interpretation of scripture, I'm reminded of how idiotic my society is :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is a complete diversion from the op.

How do you figure?

I also never said anything about a vapor canopy.

I said the graphic shows it, and it does.

The image maintains a firmament.

That word has more than one meaning, and the main one is "firm", which is the rock.

Gen. 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

The water is under the crust.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
6 Then God said, “Let there be a rock in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the rock (crust), and divided the waters which were under the rock from the waters which were above the rock; and it was so....9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”;

Verse 9 seals the context.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
False dilemma. Let me know when you can admit the raqia(firmament) is the rock.

It's not a dilemma, it was a question. What does scripture call the firmament?

Genesis 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

H8064

שׁמה שׁמים
shâmayim shâmeh
shaw-mah'-yim, shaw-meh' The second form being dual of an unused singular; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve): - air, X astrologer, heaven (-s).​

Drake Shelton

'Water' or 'salt' is spoken in almost every book of the Bible, because these were extremely relevant for those people in the desert. They understood that water came from above and below, and salt was a constantly needed commodity.

There are still many places of the world in which this is the case, particularly out in the 3rd World. People tend to forget that, for the ancients, nothing could be taken for granted- for the Jews, their survival was so miraculous that they couldn't see it any other way then that they were being led by God.

It's really disrespectful to make dumb assumptions on what the believed concerning the world around them. Every time I see a 'model' according to what somebody puts together with a raw interpretation of scripture, I'm reminded of how idiotic my society is :plain:

That is an atheistic liberal view of scripture that denies the inspiration of the Spirit.

So what Cosmology does the Bible teach then?1