Theology Club: The differences between Apostleship of Peter and Paul ??

surrender

Hi , and I just showed where Paul said that , in Acts 21;21 , " teachest all the JEWS AMONG the Gentiles TO FORSAKE MOSES " , how CLEAR IS THAT ".
No, Dan, Paul didn't say that. Acts 21:21 is James speaking, not Paul. James also tells us that “there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law” (Acts 21:24). How CLEAR IS THAT? Paul confirms James’ words here: “I have committed no offense either against the Law of the Jews…” (Acts 25:8) and here: “Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day” (Acts 23:1) and here: “I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law” (Acts 24:14) and here: “the Law is holy and the commandment is holy and righteous and good” (Rom. 7:12). Some Jews were speaking falsely about Paul and that’s why he chose to participate in the Law in Acts 21:23-24, 26.

These same Jews spoke falsely about Stephen, as well: “They put forward false witnesses who said, ‘This man incessantly speaks against this holy place and the Law; for we heard him say that this Nazarene, Jesus, will destroy this place and alter the customs which Moses handed down to us’” (Acts 6:13). You see, Dan, these same Jews spoke falsely against Stephen in the same way, saying that he, too, was against the Law. Stephen wasn't against the Law and neither was Paul.

God have mercy
Dan, do you believe my salvation is at risk because I believe Scripture teaches that both Peter and Paul taught of the grace of God and salvation through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus?

DAN P

NDan, do you believe my salvation is at risk because I believe Scripture teaches that both Peter and Paul taught of the grace of God and salvation through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus?

Hi , and no !!

BUT , as 1 Cor 3:10-15 , we see that believers are WARNED that many will LOSE their REWARDS !!

Only Gold , Sliver and Precious stones will stand the Fire of God and the Hay , Wood , an Stubble will be consumed .

Preaching the Wrong message , is the STARTING point for all those who will suffer LOSS !!

So , it BEHOOVES us all , do not lose your REWARD by preaching the wrong message and follow Paul , 1 Cor 11:1 !!

Then you will be in my class , " dispensationalism 101 " in heaven , as I have a big stick !!

dan p

Last edited:

surrender

Hi , and no !!

BUT , as 1 Cor 3:10-15 , we see that believers are WARNED that many will LOSE their REWARDS !!
Okay, so you think I won’t lose my salvation but I may lose my rewards. Thanks for being honest.

So , it BEHOOVES us all , do not lose your REWARD by preaching the wro0ng message and follow Paul , 1 Cor 11:1 !!
I preach the message of grace to all. I don’t go around telling potential or new converts, “By the way, did you know that Peter was also saved by grace.” I believe Peter was saved by grace, but that’s irrelevant to my reaching out to others with the message of grace in Christ Jesus.

Seems to me, your concern should be with those who will be in the “7-year tribulation” since you think they are the ones who will need to get the “new” gospel.

OMEGA

Paul, as a highly educated man, argued from the Scriptures

with the Jews, that proved that Jesus was the Christ.

Peter was an uneducated fisherman who knew JESUS first hand

and could talk from personal experience.
-------------------------------------------

DAN P

Okay, so you think I won’t lose my salvation but I may lose my rewards. Thanks for being honest.

I preach the message of grace to all. I don’t go around telling potential or new converts, “By the way, did you know that Peter was also saved by grace.” I believe Peter was saved by grace, but that’s irrelevant to my reaching out to others with the message of grace in Christ Jesus.

Seems to me, your concern should be with those who will be in the “7-year tribulation” since you think they are the ones who will need to get the “new” gospel.

Hi , then Acts 15:11 is for you " But we believe that through the GRACE/CHARIS of the Lord Jesus Christ WE ( we the Jews ) shall be saved , even as THEY ( they the Gentiles )

You should be concerned with Eph 3:9 , " and to Illuminate all ( as to ) what ( is ) the DISPENSATION of the Mystery the one Having been kept Secret ( which is in the Perfect tense ) from the Ages in God , the One having created The All Things by Jesus Christ " .

Where is that verse , where Peter is saved by Grace ??

dan p

DAN P

Why do you want to limit what has been taught?

This reconciles with grace.

You just quoted it, Acts 15:11.

Hi , and you mean that WE and THEY mean the same in Acts 15:11 ??

Here is where the CONTEXT needs to seen , that you CAN not see , nor see the Timeline of the of NEAR VIEW and the FAR VIEW !!

DAN P

dan p

surrender

Hi , and you mean that WE and THEY mean the same in Acts 15:11 ??
No, I don’t mean that WE and THEY mean the same in Acts 15:11. “WE” means the circumcised and “THEY” means the uncircumcised. Peter says that we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ WE (that means the circumcision) shall be saved in the same manner as THEY (that means the uncircumcision). You see, Dan, Peter says he is saved by grace in the same manner as the uncircumcised. Peter says that God made no distinction between circumcision and uncircumcision, cleansing all hearts by faith (Acts 15:9).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I don’t mean that WE and THEY mean the same in Acts 15:11. “WE” means the circumcised and “THEY” means the uncircumcised. Peter says that we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ WE (that means the circumcision) shall be saved in the same manner as THEY (that means the uncircumcision). You see, Dan, Peter says he is saved by grace in the same manner as the uncircumcised. Peter says that God made no distinction between circumcision and uncircumcision, cleansing all hearts by faith (Acts 15:9).

Right. So how can you say there weren't two different programs knowing that the uncircumcision was looking back on salvation (as show in Paul's letters) and those looking forward to it.

Paul is the apostle of uncircumcision, yet he took his message to all the Jews. Peter is the apostle of circumcision, yet went to the gentiles.

It is not a declaration of who they preach to, but what they preach. Although the Jews were required to be in circumcision.

DAN P

Hi , but we read differently !!

The CONTEXT in Acts 15:11 is still about the Gospel of the Kingdom , in Acts 15:5 !!

Peter is talking about Acts 15:7 , and Peter is refering to Acts 10:33 , and Peter says that WE , the Jews , shall be saved , EVEN AS THEY , the Gentiles !!

Are you reading Backwards ??

You must be Dyslexia ??

dan p

surrender

Hi , but we read differently !!

The CONTEXT in Acts 15:11 is still about the Gospel of the Kingdom , in Acts 15:5 !!

Peter is talking about Acts 15:7 , and Peter is refering to Acts 10:33 , and Peter says that WE , the Jews , shall be saved , EVEN AS THEY , the Gentiles !!

Are you reading Backwards ??

You must be Dyslexia ??

dan p
My husband and son are dyslexic. I take offense and will await an apology.

surrender

Right. So how can you say there weren't two different programs knowing that the uncircumcision was looking back on salvation (as show in Paul's letters) and those looking forward to it.
I need further clarification, Nick. I don't know what you're trying to show me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul said he he is the apostle of uncircumcision, and Peter is the apostle of uncircumcision. You tell me what that means, in light of the fact they both went to gentiles and Jews.

surrender

Paul said he he is the apostle of uncircumcision, and Peter is the apostle of uncircumcision. You tell me what that means, in light of the fact they both went to gentiles and Jews.
Peter went to primarily Jews, because they lived in Jerusalem. Paul said, "From now on I will go to the Gentiles" and traveled among the nations, and so he went to primarily Jews.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter went to primarily Jews, because they lived in Jerusalem.

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen

Paul said, "From now on I will go to the Gentiles" and traveled among the nations, and so he went to primarily Jews.

He always went to the Jew first. And he was apostle of uncircumcision while going to Jews first.

At what point are you going to acknowledge what the Bible clearly teaches?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter's mission as apostle of circumcision;

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

surrender

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen
Where do we see Peter going out to the nations like Paul did? We see Paul’s missionary trips, his letters to the churches he formed and his desire to go even further. Where do we see Peter doing any of this? I don’t see Peter really traveling around. Wasn’t he still living back in Jerusalem when Paul went to the Jerusalem Council several years after he’d been preaching to the nations?

He always went to the Jew first. And he was apostle of uncircumcision while going to Jews first.

At what point are you going to acknowledge what the Bible clearly teaches?
Yes, when Paul went into a new city, he was known for going into the synagogues first. But Paul’s mission was to reach the Gentile nations (Acts 22:21). He taught that Gentiles were included in the promises of Israel, etc. through the one new man. I don’t even know that the Jerusalem church knew the details of HOW the Gentiles were included until informed by Paul at the Council. But that would NOT have been the center of the Jerusalem teaching. Although they could reach out to Gentiles, they lived among Jews in a Jewish culture.

surrender

Peter's mission as apostle of circumcision;

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
I don't think I'll have part in that. I didn't "leave everything" (i.e. houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children, fields) to follow Jesus during his ministry.

DAN P

My husband and son are dyslexic. I take offense and will await an apology.

Hi , and I missed this response and I was talking about you and not about your husband as you seemed to me as you were read some of your responses backward as dyslexia means the impairment of the abilitiy to read ,

Last edited:

surrender

Hi , and I missed this response and I was talking about you and not about your husband as you seemed to me as you were read some of your responses backward as dyslexia means the impairment of the abilitiy to read !!

I apology if you are offensed !!

Please , do not say anything about DIABETES or ARTHRITIS as I am in pain every day .

dan p
Oh brother. Seriously? Your apology is not genuine. It is not accepted.