the Dalai Lama said

Crow

Originally posted by brother Willi

would a JUST God send folks to hell because they never heard of Jesus???

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me."

Lucky

Hall of Fame
There's them precious red letters, bW. The words of Jesus. Do you think Jesus was lying when he spoke those words? (John 14:6)

brother Willi

Originally posted by Crow

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me."
i tell you this, many of other faiths are better Christians then many of you here.

and when they come to Jesus, he will know them as his.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Lucky

There's them precious red letters, bW. The words of Jesus. Do you think Jesus was lying when he spoke those words? (John 14:6)
Jesus said those words, it is you that do NOT understand them

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
  • "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
    "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
    - Jesus Christ, John 3:17-18

"...that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.' For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For 'whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.'

"How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15And how shall they preach unless they are sent? ...So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Paul, Romans 10:9-15, 17

...Not that the Dalai Lama hasn't heard.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

• "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
    "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
    - Jesus Christ, John 3:17-18

"...that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.' For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For 'whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.'

"How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15And how shall they preach unless they are sent? ...So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Paul, Romans 10:9-15, 17

...Not that the Dalai Lama hasn't heard.

the Dalai Lama has in his words done more then you

he knows Jesus, and Jesus knows him

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Done more to what?

Your quote in the opening post indicates otherwise. He's teaching that any god (or gods) will do, leading people away from the True and Living God.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did say that "God is greater than I" in the Book of John, but he also said "The Father and I are One."

If God is love--which is biblical--then Jesus is love as well.

No man comes to the father except through Me (Love). Since Jesus was not like most humans going around glorifying his ego, his human persona, I think that whenever he referred to himself like this he was not focusing on the transient individual who lived and died in the first century.

He was taliking about his meaning and significance. I don't have any problem with seeing that all people come to God through love--no matter what cultural expression ("religion" or" belief" of that love they were born into.

leading people away from the True and Living God.

He is not leading people away from the True and Living God. He is leading all people and all religions away from claiming that their particular, cultural expression of that "True and Living God" is not the only one througout history or on the planet today.

You can't get to God without going through Jesus--but to more and more people, "Jesus" means so much more than the man who walked the dusty roads of Palestine in the first century.

John's gospel speaks of him as "the Way, the Truth., the Light." Those are qualities any religious or secular person can come to in their quest for divinity.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aikido7

John's gospel speaks of him as "the Way, the Truth., the Light."
Really? Which verse are you quoting?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Don't know. John's gospel is full of the magnificent "I Am" statements: "I am the light of the world," "I am the vine," etc.
If you have a concordance, you can easily find the specific verse.

John's Jesus has no parables, exorcisms or concern for the downtrodden. Most of this gospel has him speaking in long, densly-packed monologues on theology and mysticism concerned mainly with his importance and the necesssicty of believing in him. Since at the late time it was written, there is a bit of anti-Semiitism put into Jesus mouth ("Jews are devils") because at that time the early Christian movement was bumping up against the jewish majority in the Mediterranean and wanted to show their readers just what their Jesus thought of them.

I could look it up for you but most of my referrence books are packed away.

The "Strong's Concordance" is a good tool. You can pick them up at any Christain bookstore. I'm thinking that even a public library might carry one.

I AM going to the library tonight, but not to help anyone out but me. Have you heard of Cornel West? I caught an interview on the radio last night and want to check into some of his writings. Amazing guy! He has a broad intelligence and talks about everything from Nietzsche, rap, Christianity and George Bush.

brother Willi

i will give my opinion.
do with it as you wish
ill stay to talk

picture the ENTIRE world, full of different tribes of peoples.

now think of just Israel, a small part of this world.
a world that sounds to me had been at war with Israel.

now to understand the rest, you must believe we are to be sheep.
Jesus could have said we are bears, but we are always sheep.
you can say thats cause wolves attack sheep, and im the wolf.
but then you can say that, and theres no need for me to really stay, unless someone does.

you are a sheep.

how about the rest of this world?

are only his sheep to go out and spread a way of peace?

John 10:15
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

now here above can we agree that he is going out after his flock,after his death in Israel?

I do NOT say Jesus came back, and died over and over, for all the many tribes of folks around the world in them days.

but the spirit of peace, the kind of inner peace Jesus talks about is echoed in other cultures.
find your brothers and sisters in that peace.

the other option is endless war.

Jesus did say "brother against brother"
that is true, does that mean Christian against Buddhist, or what you see at this board?

if you think you need to clear the fields for only Christianity, you have the same thoughts as some Muslims.
thats the kind of thinking that leads to 9-11

jesus said "test the spirits"
do so

is it a spirit of Jesus?

does it teach hate, war,
it aint the spirit of Jesus.

what better way to ready the world for Jesus, then he make his spirit easy for his people to see.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

ONE VOICE

ONE SHEPHERD

and when he comes for his sheep, does he hope to find them with a sword in their hand, killin a Muslim

Crow

NEVER!!!

you do not see Christianity in my words?

Nope. Christianity is clear about the exclusivity of Christ, that He is the only way.

I see brotherWillieism, a false religion where Christ is not the only way because brother Willie thinks that God's way is not just.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, bW, I really thought you were just a very confused Christian when you first started all of this foolishness. Now it's clear that you don't even have a grasp on the very foundation of Christianity. :(

brother Willi

Originally posted by Crow

Nope. Christianity is clear about the exclusivity of Christ, that He is the only way.

I see brotherWillieism, a false religion where Christ is not the only way because brother Willie thinks that God's way is not just.

Matthew 12:30
"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

Matthew 12:31
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:32
"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Matthew 12:33
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.

Matthew 12:34
"You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

Crow

Matthew 12:30
"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

Matthew 12:31
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:32
"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Matthew 12:33
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.

Matthew 12:34
"You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

First of all, let me address what appears to be a major source of your confusion.

The "Me" Jesus refers to in the verses above is Him, not YOU, brother Willie. And Jesus is the Son of Man referred to above, not YOU.

Christ made no such statements regarding those who disagree with YOU, brother Willie. You imply in more than one thread and the shoutbox that anyone who does not agree with YOU is disagreeing with Christ or the Spirit by tossing these verses out and/or calling them vipers. That is a misuse of these scriptures.

And Matt 12:30 affirms that Christ is the only way by affirming that if one is not with Him, one is against Him. It nicely supports John 14:6

Furthur supporting scriptures:

Acts 4:

8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, 10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11He is
" 'the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone' 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

1 John 5:

10Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

So in light of scripture, I examine the following:

would a JUST God send folks to hell because they never heard of Jesus???

i tell you this, many of other faiths are better Christians then many of you here.

and when they come to Jesus, he will know them as his.

The Dalai Lama has not accepted Christ as savior. What he has done or not done on this earth of his own works or words does not bring him eternal life. He has not entered into relationship with Christ and accepted His gift of grace, which come only from Jesus Christ because only He made the perfect and acceptable sacrifice that satisfies the debt of our sins.

Only Christ can give us His righteousness, righteousness we cannot earn no matter how much our words have done. The passages above witness that there is not more than one way. So the Dalai Lama and those "better Christian" non-Christians are not saved and will not receive eternal life unless they accept Christ as savior before they die.

Last edited: