The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

A Holy Calling !

A Holy Calling !

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This Holy calling is issued out only to Holy People, made so by the presence of the Holy Spirit in them. The Thrice Holy God does not issue a Holy Calling to an unholy people. This Holy call goes out to all those #1. Who were made Holy Legally by the Death of Christ or the Blood of Christ, and #2 they have been made Holy by the Spirit of God. The Spirit must first set them apart unto the Call 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel[word of Truth], to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And before all, they were made Holy by the Election of the Father. An Holy Call cannot and will not go out to the unregenerate or those who are merely in the flesh Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

beloved57

Zech 10:8 The Call of the Redeemed !

Zech 10:8 The Call of the Redeemed !

Zech 10:8

8 I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased.

The word hiss in the original is whistle as to bring someone near. If we have a pet, perhaps a dog, if we want to bring or cause him to come to us, we whistle, and sure enough, if he knows our voice or whistle he comes to us !

In the context reference is to a remnant of the Elect Israel, and God is saying that He call or gather them to Him because He has redeemed them.

Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

The call or hiss follows the fact of having been redeemed !

Luke 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

And this People, based upon being redeemed, shall be called or gathered ! Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

All the Children of God have been redeemed by Christ's Death/Blood, and so they must be called or hissed for by name !

Everyone Christ died for has been redeemed by His Blood 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

, and in light of that they all are called or hissed for 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

All whom the Blood of Christ redeems, must be called out of darkness, hissed into fellowship with God through Jesus Christ ! Gathered up !

beloved57

The Called They shall Love God !

The Called They shall Love God !

Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Those, and only those who are the called according to God's Purpose, will as a result Love God.

They are also the ones that John writes of here 1 Jn 4:19

We love him, because he first loved us.

And who Moses wrote of here Deut 30:6

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 2:29 here is also describing those of Rom 8:28, who Love God, see how that's a match with Deut 30:6 ?

beloved57

A Holy Calling ! 2

A Holy Calling ! 2

2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now the Gospel, that is the Power of God unto Salvation is an Holy Gospel, from a Holy God, to a Holy People. If we are in a state of lostness, dead in sin, alienated from the life of God, then we are not called by God with an Holy Calling, as He that is called you is Holy, so be ye Holy also 1 Pet 1:15

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

And man in a state of nature is experientially not Holy, but unholy.

The same applies to the heavenly call Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

This call is to a heavenly people, that is that have been born from above, those who have been blessed with spiritual blessings from heavenly places Eph 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

If we ourselves are not heavenly [by new birth] we will not partake of a Heavenly Call.

You see, when one is born again they are born from above [heaven] Jesus says Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The word again is greek word anōthen:

from above, from a higher place

a) of things which come from heaven or God

To be born again is to be born from above where Christ sitteth on the Right Hand of God, and to be born from heaven.

Its a birth we receive from heaven Jn 3:27

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

And that is who partakes of the Heavenly Calling Heb 3:1 and the Holy Calling, those who have been born from above, for they are then Holy experimentally.

beloved57

The Called of Jesus Christ !

The Called of Jesus Christ !

Rom 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ

Paul says of the believers of Rome, Ye are also the Called of Jesus Christ, even as He was Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

The only difference being, he was also called to be an Apostle and they were called to other works of service Rom 12:6-8

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

But their call is just as important to the body as Paul's was. Paul makes that clear in 1 Cor 12:14-24

Now who are the Called of Jesus Christ ? They are the ones He died for, and so the Spirit calls them inwardly. All whom He calls He has Redeemed, the Spirit sanctifies them unto Faith in Him 2 Thess 2:13-14.

Only those who have been redeemed by His Blood, purchased by His Blood are called by God into Fellowship. We see this in Peter 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Then notice what He writes of them shortly after 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

The redeemed are effectually called out of darkness into the Marvelous Light, which includes the Light of the Gospel 2 Cor 4:4-6

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This same principle of redeemed then called is taught here Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Zech 10:8

8 I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased.

That word hiss means to whistle, to bring near ! God brings near to Himself those redeemed by the Blood of Christ.

genuineoriginal

Romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus Christ. This called should not be confused with the called in Matt 22:14

14For many are called, but few are chosen.​

Both called are the same. You are trying to introduce confusion by separating them.

genuineoriginal

No they are not.

Matthew 22
1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.​

False Prophet

The harlot church is being called. It is being called by God to repent and forsake its evil. The day will come when God's throne of mercy turns to a throne of judgment. While the foolish virgins went out to get their oil, the wise virgins went in to meet the bridegroom and the door was shut. The foolish virgins said, "Lord open for us!"; and the Lord said, "I know you not!"
12Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word: Thus saith Jehovah, the God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine? 13Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith Jehovah, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness. 14And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith Jehovah: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have compassion, that I should not destroy them. Jer 13
15Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud; for Jehovah hath spoken.
16Give glory to Jehovah your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.
17But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because Jehovah's flock is taken captive.
18Say thou unto the king and to the queen-mother, Humble yourselves, sit down; for your headtires are come down, even the crown of your glory.

beloved57

Matthew 22
1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Ok and ?

beloved57

Jesus spoke many parables about the kingdom of heaven/kingdom of God.
The one I quoted says that many are called to enter the kingdom of heaven, but few of those that respond to the call are chosen.

Ok, I have no problem with the parable you quoted. I do know you have evaded all my points in this thread.

genuineoriginal

Ok, I have no problem with the parable you quoted.
You do have a problem with it, otherwise you would not have said this:
Romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus Christ. This called should not be confused with the called in Matt 22:14

14For many are called, but few are chosen.​
The called is the same in both places.
I do know you have evaded all my points in this thread.
Your point is that the calling is efficacious, which is why you have a problem with the parable that says it is not.

Calvinism puts the salvation before the calling, and ignores everything else.

Properly exegeted, the Bible shows that the calling is sent out first. Only those that answer the call will be chosen, but not all those that answer will be chosen because those that answer must also prepare themselves to be chosen.

beloved57

The called is the same in both places.

No its not. In the first place in Matt 22, it pertains only to the jews of the nation of Israel.

In the second place Rom 1 it pertains to both jew and gentile Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

You see all the jews in Israel, though they were all called to form the physical nation consisting of Abraham's Physical seed, not all of them were chosen. at Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Just like when Paul says of National Israel here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel [Nationally]hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election/ chosen[In Israel] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Now I have explained this seveal times before, but you ignore it as you will this time or oppose and deny it.

Again, you just evaded the Truth of my post, then make a comment without no proof you studied the context or anything.

genuineoriginal

No its not. In the first place in Matt 22, it pertains only to the jews of the nation of Israel.

It appears you didn't read the parable.

Matthew 22
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.​

This part is referring to the children of Israel. They were the servants that refused to obey, and their city was burned up in 70 CE.

Matthew 22
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.​

These are the Gentiles called to be in the kingdom.

Matthew 22

This guest is a Christian that answered the call, but refused to prepare himself for the kingdom.

beloved57

This guest is a Christian that answered the call, but refused to prepare himself for the kingdom.

You have failed to prove your assumption, which is Matt 22:14 is speaking of the same as Rom 1:6.

Its Two different sets of People. Both calls are effectual, for God did call the physical nation into being for His Purpose, however not all of them were His Elect People, only a remnant.

But those called in Rom 1:6, the Called of Jesus Christ are all God's Elect Rom 8:28-33

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Two different reasons for their calls. One just for the physical advantages of being of that nation, the other to be conformed into the Image of Christ.

genuineoriginal

Two different reasons for their calls. One just for the physical advantages of being of that nation, the other to be conformed into the Image of Christ.

Like I said, you didn't read the parable.

You also keep trying to put the choosing before the response to the call and the preparation needed to be chosen.
That is why you keep arguing yourself into a corner.

beloved57

genuine

Like I said, you didn't read the parable.

I have read it plenty of times, but this thread is not about that Parable, but the Called of Jesus Christ.

I have showed you your error in assuming that the called in Matt 22:14 is the called of Rom 1, and you have yet to prove your point. Just quoting a Parable does not prove your aasumption, it just proves to me that you have evaded my previous points and that you don't understand that parable.

genuineoriginal

genuine

I have read it plenty of times, but this thread is not about that Parable, but the Called of Jesus Christ.

I have showed you your error in assuming that the called in Matt 22:14 is the called of Rom 1,
The parable is about the called in Jesus Christ.
Your error is in your doctrine, which makes it necessary for you to claim they are not the same, even though they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.