The (books of the) Bible: Authorship and Audience

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All of them authored by God, but written by revelation through His chosen Saints
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB - 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

2 Peter 1:20-21 NASB - 20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Aimiel

The 66 books of The Bible was written by the 44 authors noted in The Holy Scriptures' own title pages. They were written to:

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

He wants us to go out into the streets and compel them to come into The Kingdom, because The Marriage Supper of The Lamb is at hand and His Bride will not be whole unless EVERY SINGLE MEMBER arrives. All have been sent invitations, but not all will be chosen and have seats at His Table.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The 66 books of The Bible
Yes, there are 66 books.
was written by the 44 authors noted in The Holy Scriptures' own title pages. They were written to:

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

He wants us to go out into the streets and compel them to come into The Kingdom, because The Marriage Supper of The Lamb is at hand and His Bride will not be whole unless EVERY SINGLE MEMBER arrives. All have been sent invitations, but not all will be chosen and have seats at His Table.
I'm not sure about your view of a marriage supper of the lamb. You have referenced the kingdom of God, but I don't see the relationship.

Aimiel

The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. It's citizens are here, asking who wants to enter into God's Presence and live forever. We are about to leave this place and will one day rise up in the unity of The Faith and the knowledge of The Son of God into the full measure of a Man: Christ Jesus. When we do, it will turn this world upside-down. We will get this job done (go ye) and when the last soul is able to hear the Gospel, He will come for a victorious bride. We will have laid all enemies (including Death) at His Feet. He is taping His Fingers right now on His Armrest, expecting us to get this job done. We must be about our Father's Business.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. It's citizens are here, asking who wants to enter into God's Presence and live forever. We are about to leave this place and will one day rise up in the unity of The Faith and the knowledge of The Son of God into the full measure of a Man: Christ Jesus. When we do, it will turn this world upside-down. We will get this job done (go ye) and when the last soul is able to hear the Gospel, He will come for a victorious bride. We will have laid all enemies (including Death) at His Feet. He is taping His Fingers right now on His Armrest, expecting us to get this job done. We must be about our Father's Business.
I have no idea what you are talking about. How does it relate to the thread OP?

Aimiel

When you say marriage supper of the lamb what do you mean?
The Body of Christ will meet her Groom in the air and be whisked off to the Wedding with The Trump of God. Then there will be tribulation on this earth like never before. Haven't you read the back of The Book?

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Body of Christ will meet her Groom in the air and be whisked off to the Wedding with The Trump of God. Then there will be tribulation on this earth like never before. Haven't you read the back of The Book?

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
I don't know what you are saying and I don't know what the verse you are referring to means.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you thought about going to Sunday School? Can't remember now. You started the thread, I chimed in and when I get to preaching, I sometimes take it down bunny-trails. Sorry. :aimiel:
I attended Sunday School as a child. Now I have church four days a week plus Sabbath and holy days observance.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
An excellent question. It's a shame that the thread did not actually deal with it.
I wonder about the canon of scripture starting with the TaNaKh and the Torah.

The Bible is the word of God, all 66 books

The Bible is the word of God. This first involves the TaNaKh meaning the Hebrew Bible. These writings are the holy scriptures or sacred scriptures.

But this thread was supposed to deal with audience and authorship, like with 1 Peter here.

Who was 1 Peter written to?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is not the "Word of God". It sometimes reports the words of God (and God spoke to Moses saying:...).

Different parts of the Bible have different audiences. What you call the Old Testament is written for and by Israelites.
Can you follow that the holy scriptures or sacred writings that Paul writes of are the TaNaKh rather than the Old Testament writings, though the content is the same?

Romans 1:2 NASB - 2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,

2 Timothy 3:15 NASB - 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.