The Book of Revelation: Mystery Or Profitable?

fzappa13

Wow. Now there's anti-Catholic, and then there's the Freemasons lol. I had no idea, about Copeland. Most if not all public intellectual Protestant pastors are anti-Catholic, so that part of his shtick wouldn't have caught my attention with Copeland, but Freemasons have a history of warring against Catholicism. That's part of why the attestation of the miracle of the Sun at Fatima is so compelling, because even Freemasons admitted it really happened.

Yeah that's interesting. I know at our country's founding the Freemasons were involved, Deists I think preferred the lodge to the church.
The animosity between Freemasonry and the Catholic Church goes back to their inception. The Knights Templar (you remember the crusades?) operated with the approval of the Pope until Pope Clement V had decided that they had gotten a little "big for their britches" (and a little perverted as well) and supplicated King Phillip of France to break up their party. Several of the Templars were captured and their titular head Jacques de Molay was killed on Friday 13th (yes, that's where that got started) 1307. The remaining Templars scattered into northern Europe and gradually infiltrated the guilds of the stone masons who had three levels of proficiency to be attained in these guilds. The Templars eventually commandeered these guilds and the 3 "degrees" came to take on an esoteric meaning in line with their philosophical inclinations and thus Freemasonry was born. No surprise then that Freemasonry wove their distaste for the Pope into their degrees and the Pope forbade Catholic participation in the Lodge. Nonetheless, so many Catholics were joining Lodges that Catholicism developed it's own by creating the Knights of Columbus with it own degrees in the hope of satisfying this urge on the part of some of their flock to join lodges.

As an aside, my efforts to address corruption in my little town soon ran me afoul of the local lodge in that several of the lodge members held public office and were abusing said office. One of them was our local Sheriff. My ex wife had a bad car accident trying to dodge a deer (never do that, just hit the brakes and hang on) and wound up in ICU for 9 days. During the course of her stay there tests revealed a blood alcohol level sufficient to warrant a DWI. The Sheriff held on to the DWI for several months in order to be able to deliver it on Friday the 13th. Message received by both myself and his lodge.

Last edited:

Derf

One obvious mission they all have is to sew leaven into the bread that is the Word of God. Another purpose is to influence those that would follow them into accepting certain ideas and agendas. You yourself noted how incongruous it was for Mr. Copeland to supplicate the Lord to rebuke Covid and then call for a vaccine in the next breath ... just in case God wasn't able to handle the task or he didn't have God' ear, I don't know which. A vaccine that has killed millions to date and, as researchers are now discovering, was the inevitable outcome of the way it was designed. Anyone allowed access to MSM was singing the same song of encouragement as it concerns this vaccine. If you didn't sing the song you didn't get access and that includes all those 33rd degree Freemason preachers with TV access.

While we're on the subject, I should point out to the uninitiated that, while most (but not all) men may apply for membership into the lodge this is not the case as it concerns the 33rd degree of Scottish Rite Freemasonry. To achieve the 33rd degree you must get the tap on the shoulder. It's a very exclusive club. Some of what you have said indicates you are talking at one or more points about "Shriners". Entrance into this organization requires that you be either a Scottish rite Freemason or a York Rite Freemason. Their bizarre initiation aside, it is yet another incongruous fact that though much good is done in the name of infirmed children it is a fact that the infirmed are not allowed to join the lodge.

I agree, we were told that no man may serve two masters. Albert Pike was the man served by Scottish Rite Freemasonry with the task of codifying its newly created 33 degrees and he did so in a tome entitle "Morals and Dogma". Concerning Lucifer he had this to say: “LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, for traditions are full of sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!

Make of that what you will.
My pastor has a copy of the Masons' book describing the 33rd degree. He says it explicitly calls for worshipping Satan. I have a copy that only goes up to 32nd degree, where that info is not revealed.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Look, you guys, I'm telling you, I have it directly from two Masons who I knew personally very very well (I've known more than those two but didn't have the same sort of close relationship). They were both in the Scottish Rite and the Shriner's. There's no Satan worship and the only time they have political power is when several of the politicians in an area happen to also be Mason or vice versa, which is no more true of the Masons than it is a local Moose Lodge or Lions club or whatever. It's a big social club with a lot of admittedly weird rituals that they try to keep secret because of people's propensity toward conspiracy theories and casting everything in the darkest possible light.

I know FOR A FACT that either of these men would have run away screaming like their hair was on fire had anyone in that organization done or said anything even remotely related to worshiping Satan, of all things.

Free Mason Conspiracy theorists have two things in common....

1. Everything is evidence for the delusion and nothing anyone says has any ability to convince them that any evidence to the contrary exists, including first person, eye witness testimony.

2. The more sensational the accusation the more instantly and completely they'll believe it.

fzappa13

My pastor has a copy of the Masons' book describing the 33rd degree. He says it explicitly calls for worshipping Satan. I have a copy that only goes up to 32nd degree, where that info is not revealed.
I'm not sure what book you might be referring to. Pike' "Morals and Dogma" goes only to the 32nd degree and one past Sovereign Grand Master has suggested that it should be considered their "Bible". One book on the subject I found of interest concerning the 33rd degree was that which was written by Jim Shaw. He achieved the 33rd degree and quit soon thereafter as a result. To say that they worship Satan is likely an oversimplification but does go to the heart of the matter. If you would like for an ex 33rd to tell his own tale you can find it here.

Last edited:

fzappa13

Look, you guys, I'm telling you, I have it directly from two Masons who I knew personally very very well (I've known more than those two but didn't have the same sort of close relationship). They were both in the Scottish Rite and the Shriner's. There's no Satan worship and the only time they have political power is when several of the politicians in an area happen to also be Mason or vice versa, which is no more true of the Masons than it is a local Moose Lodge or Lions club or whatever. It's a big social club with a lot of admittedly weird rituals that they try to keep secret because of people's propensity toward conspiracy theories and casting everything in the darkest possible light.

I know FOR A FACT that either of these men would have run away screaming like their hair was on fire had anyone in that organization done or said anything even remotely related to worshiping Satan, of all things.

Free Mason Conspiracy theorists have two things in common....

1. Everything is evidence for the delusion and nothing anyone says has any ability to convince them that any evidence to the contrary exists, including first person, eye witness testimony.

2. The more sensational the accusation the more instantly and completely they'll believe it.
My first encounter with the subject of Freemasonry came when I was discussing with my future brother-in-law what it took to get on with Brown and Root, one of the larger construction companies in the world at that time. He suggested that it helped a great deal to be a Mason. I asked him how that worked and he said that during your job interview they would determine how far along the masonic path you were by what knowledge you had. I asked him how you joined and what all was entailed in that. He told me he couldn't tell me the details. I would just have to join to find out. That idea didn't appeal to me. I wanted to know what I was heading into up front.

I related this story to suggest that most folks entrance into the lodge is primarily a business decision. Indeed, there is no quicker way up the ladder of success than what one music star referred to as "knowing the Nashville hand shake." I don't think most masonic initiates understand or give a great deal of thought to their initiations and vows involved in the various degrees. It is simply a series of call and response exchanges to be endured to reach the next level.

Jesus said, "swear no oath." I suspect He had good reason. I think it not a coincidence that you cannot hold public office in this country without doing so. I here offer a link that shows the end of the initiation of the Master Mason (3rd degree) that involves his vows. Please give this a look and tell me what you think about it.

Last edited:

Derf

I'm not sure what book you might be referring to. Pike' "Morals and Dogma" goes only to the 32nd degree and one past Sovereign Grand Master has suggested that it should be considered their "Bible". One book on the subject I found of interest concerning the 33rd degree was that which was written by Jim Shaw. He achieved the 33rd degree and quit soon thereafter as a result. To say that they worship Satan is likely an oversimplification but does go to the heart of the matter. If you would like for an ex 33rd to tell his own tale you can find it here.

I can't remember the title. It might be called "Morals and Dogma", and, as I said, my copy only went to 32. But my pastor's copy goes to 33rd degree, but it's the same book as mine, supposedly. The point is that the information available once you reach 33 is unavailable until you are sworn in, including an oath that you will never reveal the secrets of the 33rd degree, and then you get the book with 33 in it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My first encounter with the subject of Freemasonry came when I was discussing with my future brother-in-law what it took to get on with Brown and Root, one of the larger construction companies in the world at that time. He suggested that it helped a great deal to be a Mason. I asked him how that worked and he said that during your job interview they would determine how far along the masonic path you were by what knowledge you had. I asked him how you joined and what all was entailed in that. He told me he couldn't tell me the details. I would just have to join to find out. That idea didn't appeal to me. I wanted to know what I was heading into up front.

I related this story to suggest that most folks entrance into the lodge is primarily a business decision. Indeed, there is no quicker way up the ladder of success than what one music star referred to as "knowing the Nashville hand shake." I don't think most masonic initiates understand or give a great deal of thought to their initiations and vows involved in the various degrees. It is simply a series of call and response exchanges to be endured to reach the next level.

Jesus said, "swear no oath." I suspect He had good reason. I think it not a coincidence that you cannot hold public office in this country without doing so. I here offer a link that shows the end of the initiation of the Master Mason (3rd degree) that involves his vows. Please give this a look and tell me what you think about it.

So, you don't seem to be getting the message.

You'll get nowhere with me on this subject because I happen to know FOR A FACT that its all a bunch of nonsense. This knowledge doesn't come from books I've read that were written by authors I don't know and who clearly want to convince the world that the Masons are power hungry, shadow politicians who worship Satan.

I personally attended a ceremony where they installed a "Worshipful Master" and the worst thing about it is was that title, which they only use because that's the title that has always been used for hundreds of years. And while I wouldn't personally choose that as the title for the position, I get why they chose it and I get the importance and value of holding traditions and I do not hold people responsible for the sins of their ancestors (not that this title was/is necessarily sinful) nor do I assume that there surely must be wrong doing happening based on what something sounds like, especially in the face of having personal contact with and long standing knowledge of the character of the people involved, including the person being installed into this "Worshipful Master" position, which amounted to being lodge president for some period of time and has NOTHING to do with being worshiped AT ALL.

Although he didn't say so, outright, I got the strong impression that I was invited to this ceremony by the only one allowed to invite outsiders to such a ceremony as a means to get me to join. I wasn't interested then and I'm not interested today either, but not because I think they're doing anything immoral or nefarious but because I'm an introverted guy who isn't that good at memorizing stuff and isn't comfortable with anything that comes off as cornball, awkward or otherwise weird.

Anyway, the point being that I saw this ceremony with my own eyes and I know with first hand, eye witness knowledge, that there isn't a single thing nefarious or evil about either the "Worshipful Master" installation ceremony or the position itself. It was admittedly a bit on the weird side but that's because the ceremony is literally centuries old. The fact that the entire thing was recited with exact precision and entirely by memory was pretty impressive, by the way and very obviously not related to anything evil.

In short, all of the Masons that I have had any contact with were not Satan worshiping shadow politicians. They were regular people who were members of a social club and who spent most all of their spare time raising money to help sick children and would have beaten off with a stick anyone who tried to worship them or to get them to worship anyone or anything other than the Father God and His Son Jesus Christ.

Is that proof that there's never been an evil group of Masons? No, but there have been evil groups of police officers too. Is it evil to be a police officer?

Is that proof there there aren't some Masonic lodges out there that have a lot of pull in the community that they aren't afraid to use? No, but there are big churches that have a lot of pull in their communities and aren't afraid to use it. Is it evil to be a member of such a church?

Now, believe me, I get it. You're convinced and it would take a God level intervention to convince you otherwise. Just know that to the same degree that you're convinced by books that they're evil, I know with absolute, first person, certainty that they are not.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The animosity between Freemasonry and the Catholic Church goes back to their inception.
Meaning, they actually were Catholics to begin with (which meant, in the 13th century, they were Christians, and not Eastern Orthodox (no other options, in the 13th century). Explains the hatred.

The Knights Templar (you remember the crusades?) operated with the approval of the Pope until Pope Clement V had decided that they had gotten a little "big for their britches" (and a little perverted as well) and supplicated King Phillip of France to break up their party. Several of the Templars were captured and their titular head Jacques de Molay was killed on Friday 13th (yes, that's where that got started) 1307. The remaining Templars scattered into northern Europe and gradually infiltrated the guilds of the stone masons who had three levels of proficiency to be attained in these guilds.
Do you know why it was particularly the stone masons? Why not some other guild?

The Templars eventually commandeered these guilds and the 3 "degrees" came to take on an esoteric meaning in line with their philosophical inclinations and thus Freemasonry was born. No surprise then that Freemasonry wove their distaste for the Pope into their degrees and the Pope forbade Catholic participation in the Lodge.
The pope just recently did this earlier this year.

Nonetheless, so many Catholics were joining Lodges that Catholicism developed it's own by creating the Knights of Columbus with it own degrees in the hope of satisfying this urge on the part of some of their flock to join lodges.

As an aside, my efforts to address corruption in my little town soon ran me afoul of the local lodge in that several of the lodge members held public office and were abusing said office. One of them was our local Sheriff. My ex wife had a bad car accident trying to dodge a deer (never do that, just hit the brakes and hang on) and wound up in ICU for 9 days. During the course of her stay there tests revealed a blood alcohol level sufficient to warrant a DWI. The Sheriff held on to the DWI for several months in order to be able to deliver it on Friday the 13th. Message received by both myself and his lodge.
Huh. Odd.

Freemasonry seems to me, as an outsider, like the Scientologists, and like descriptions of the Gnostics of antiquity. Just very secretive, but apparently their anti-Catholicism has been far more openly belligerent in the past than it is today (if it even exists today, I just don't know). But I could be all wrong about this, I'm just not very familiar with it.

Is there any relationship between Freemasonry and the Protestant Reformation that you know of?

fzappa13

Meaning, they actually were Catholics to begin with (which meant, in the 13th century, they were Christians, and not Eastern Orthodox (no other options, in the 13th century). Explains the hatred.
Technically, yes, they were Catholic in that they answered to the Pope. As a practical matter they were semi autonomous in that they had many judicious investments that had made them wealthy and had embraced a form of Gnosticism that no past or present Catholic would recognize as being a part of their faith.

Do you know why it was particularly the stone masons? Why not some other guild?
I can't say as I've seen anything in the way of direct information concerning this but history has shown them to infiltrate and commandeer more than one organization (one of which was also masonic) so I suspect this was the first instance of what would become a modus operandi. Take advantage of an existing structure rather than build a new one from scratch. Much like a Hermit Crab.

Freemasonry seems to me, as an outsider, like the Scientologists, and like descriptions of the Gnostics of antiquity.
Well, there is a very good reason for that. Reading the leading lights of Freemasonry one is inundated with Gnosticism ... BTW L. Ron Hubbard was a Freemason.

Just very secretive, but apparently their anti-Catholicism has been far more openly belligerent in the past than it is today (if it even exists today, I just don't know). But I could be all wrong about this, I'm just not very familiar with it.
Interesting. I have come across several articles that suggest that this Pope is indeed masonic. Perhaps this recent reiteration of the old antipathy is in response to that. I know not to try and "google" anything like that but when I went to Bit Chute to give it a go I got the first 5 of 103 responses to my query and was not allowed to go further. First time that has ever happened to me at that site. I'll have to dig a little deeper.

Is there any relationship between Freemasonry and the Protestant Reformation that you know of?
If you are asking about the inception of the Protestant Reformation I have encountered nothing of substance concerning that subject. That was a period of time between the Templars being disbanded and their philosophical progeny officially announcing themselves in the early 1700's. They laid low for quite some time for reasons that should be obvious and history records little of their activities until such time as they felt confident enough to surface outside the reach of the Pope.

Last edited:

fzappa13

There are always options. It just depends upon how much company you require to feel validated. ;)

fzappa13

So, you don't seem to be getting the message.

You'll get nowhere with me on this subject because I happen to know FOR A FACT that its all a bunch of nonsense. This knowledge doesn't come from books I've read that were written by authors I don't know and who clearly want to convince the world that the Masons are power hungry, shadow politicians who worship Satan.

I personally attended a ceremony where they installed a "Worshipful Master" and the worst thing about it is was that title, which they only use because that's the title that has always been used for hundreds of years. And while I wouldn't personally choose that as the title for the position, I get why they chose it and I get the importance and value of holding traditions and I do not hold people responsible for the sins of their ancestors (not that this title was/is necessarily sinful) nor do I assume that there surely must be wrong doing happening based on what something sounds like, especially in the face of having personal contact with and long standing knowledge of the character of the people involved, including the person being installed into this "Worshipful Master" position, which amounted to being lodge president for some period of time and has NOTHING to do with being worshiped AT ALL.

Although he didn't say so, outright, I got the strong impression that I was invited to this ceremony by the only one allowed to invite outsiders to such a ceremony as a means to get me to join. I wasn't interested then and I'm not interested today either, but not because I think they're doing anything immoral or nefarious but because I'm an introverted guy who isn't that good at memorizing stuff and isn't comfortable with anything that comes off as cornball, awkward or otherwise weird.

Anyway, the point being that I saw this ceremony with my own eyes and I know with first hand, eye witness knowledge, that there isn't a single thing nefarious or evil about either the "Worshipful Master" installation ceremony or the position itself. It was admittedly a bit on the weird side but that's because the ceremony is literally centuries old. The fact that the entire thing was recited with exact precision and entirely by memory was pretty impressive, by the way and very obviously not related to anything evil.

In short, all of the Masons that I have had any contact with were not Satan worshiping shadow politicians. They were regular people who were members of a social club and who spent most all of their spare time raising money to help sick children and would have beaten off with a stick anyone who tried to worship them or to get them to worship anyone or anything other than the Father God and His Son Jesus Christ.

Is that proof that there's never been an evil group of Masons? No, but there have been evil groups of police officers too. Is it evil to be a police officer?

Is that proof there there aren't some Masonic lodges out there that have a lot of pull in the community that they aren't afraid to use? No, but there are big churches that have a lot of pull in their communities and aren't afraid to use it. Is it evil to be a member of such a church?

Now, believe me, I get it. You're convinced and it would take a God level intervention to convince you otherwise. Just know that to the same degree that you're convinced by books that they're evil, I know with absolute, first person, certainty that they are not.
Beloved Clete, I think we're starting to talk past each other here a little bit. Our personal experiences concerning the lodge are different but both are valid. They happened. That said, both are an infinitesimal piece of the pie that is the subject of Freemasonry. A historical view of the subject is, I think, the only way to come to a full understanding of it for those genuinely interested in the endeavor. I have previously offered several volumes of work that I have read on this subject knowing that few, if any, would have the time to read them. If this thread is allowed to continue on it's present course I'll gradually offer for consideration some of what I have gleaned from my studies. In doing so I offer no animosity toward anyone. I have a love of the truth and I care not where it leads. It is a goal unto itself.

Understanding the Lodge(s) role in the history of the last 400 years can't be covered in a post. It can't be covered in 10 posts. If it is allowed I will gradually offer, in bite size chunks, what I have learned concerning the subject if there is any ongoing interest. Here are a few interesting factoids:

The Indians at the "Boston Tea Party" were the Boston Masonic Lodge
John Wilkes Booth was a Mason
Joseph Smith was a Mason
Joseph Smith was killed by Masons
Lee Harvey Oswald was a Mason
Jack Ruby was a Mason

You are never going to be taught that in school. The only way you come across that information is to self educate. Indeed, as time goes on, history is being deliberately erased so that we might not avail ourselves of it's lessons by he who would deceive us. It is up to us to glean history while we still have record of it to discern the intent of those who act among us.

fzappa13

... and then the Jacobins (French freemasons) took out the Czar and gave us 32 degree Carl Marx. Ever read the 10 planks of the communist manifesto?

They sure look familiar don't they?

... and then 3rd degree Freemason Gavrilo Princip took out Arch Duke Ferdinand and off we went into WW1.

More later.

fzappa13

More little known facts ...

In what would later be called "The Morgan affair" prominant anti- mason William Morgan had threatened to reveal masonic secrects in a book. Before he could make good on that notion he was jailed. He was then kidnapped out of jail and taken across the border into Canada from which he did not return. He was presumed dead and a great uproar ensuded that eventually gave birth to the Anti-Masonic political party. This party was eventually absorbed by the Whig party which in turn morphed into the present day Republican party.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Beloved Clete, I think we're starting to talk past each other here a little bit. Our personal experiences concerning the lodge are different but both are valid. They happened. That said, both are an infinitesimal piece of the pie that is the subject of Freemasonry. A historical view of the subject is, I think, the only way to come to a full understanding of it for those genuinely interested in the endeavor. I have previously offered several volumes of work that I have read on this subject knowing that few, if any, would have the time to read them. If this thread is allowed to continue on it's present course I'll gradually offer for consideration some of what I have gleaned from my studies. In doing so I offer no animosity toward anyone. I have a love of the truth and I care not where it leads. It is a goal unto itself.

Understanding the Lodge(s) role in the history of the last 400 years can't be covered in a post. It can't be covered in 10 posts. If it is allowed I will gradually offer, in bite size chunks, what I have learned concerning the subject if there is any ongoing interest. Here are a few interesting factoids:

The Indians at the "Boston Tea Party" were the Boston Masonic Lodge
John Wilkes Booth was a Mason
Joseph Smith was a Mason
Joseph Smith was killed by Masons
Lee Harvey Oswald was a Mason
Jack Ruby was a Mason

You are never going to be taught that in school. The only way you come across that information is to self educate. Indeed, as time goes on, history is being deliberately erased so that we might not avail ourselves of it's lessons by he who would deceive us. It is up to us to glean history while we still have record of it to discern the intent of those who act among us.
Why do you only list the villains of history who were Masons? Why not include the good guys?

George Washington
Benjamin Franklin
Mozart
Beethoven
Mark Twain
John Wayne
Mark Twain
Charles Lindburg
Winston Churchill

Etc., etc, etc

Not that even a list of the good guys is really relevant. It's just the inverse of the same fallacy of logic that you employ when you list only the villains. It's a guilt by association fallacy. It's no different that what BLM does when they point at a spattering of bad cops and thereby claim that the whole profession of policing is racist.

fzappa13

Why do you only list the villains of history who were Masons? Why not include the good guys?

George Washington
Benjamin Franklin
Mozart
Beethoven
Mark Twain
John Wayne
Mark Twain
Charles Lindburg
Winston Churchill

Etc., etc, etc

Not that even a list of the good guys is really relevant. It's just the inverse of the same fallacy of logic that you employ when you list only the villains. It's a guilt by association fallacy. It's no different that what BLM does when they point at a spattering of bad cops and thereby claim that the whole profession of policing is racist.
I suspect that one guy's good guy is another guy's bad guy it just depends upon your perspective. I like your list. It's peopled by a pretty disparate group but that's not immediately obvious in that few have taken the time to thoroughly research everyone in the group as it concerns their individual masonic affiliations and how they were or were not manifest. It is human nature for us to cast ourselves in the best possible light when offering a self estimation of ourselves for public consumption and so anything offered by the lodge as it concerns their members tends to look something like your list depending upon which culture said list was crafted for. I suspect that my attempts to bring forth names and history that involved Freemasons not commonly known might look like a "bad guys" list in that their masonic affiliation is not commonly known for the reasons I listed above.

I'd like to address everyone on your list individually but that is beyond the scope of a single post. As a way to briefly illustrate my point I would like to consider the names of John Wayne and Ben Franklin. John Wayne was a media created icon and, as such, had a great deal of positive cultural cache. The Lodge greatly desired to be affiliated with his image for that reason and so they pursued him relentlessly. He eventually conceded to their requests for him to be initiated. Both they and he had little, if anything, to do with each other after that.

This is in stark contrast to Ben Franklin's masonic career. Ben Franklin was extremely intelligent and nothing if not eccentric. Like Albert Pike who came after him, he was a member of many Rites and Lodges, Grand Master of the Philadelphia Lodge, Grand Master of the Illuminati 9 Sisters Lodge, a Templar mason and the list goes on. It was at his behest that the seal you now see on the back of our present one dollar bill be adopted. Said seal is admittedly masonic and though there are many significant aspects of this seal I would point to three for the time being ... the first two being phrases. The first phrase "Annuit Coeptis" is Latin and translated means "The year it begins." The second is also Latin and reads " Novus Ordo Seclorum" which all you conspiracy buffs know means "New World Order." The third aspect of this seal I would draw attention to is the singular eye. That symbol has made it's way to us thru antiquity and it is all but impossible to ignore now for those that observe modern western culture.

I'd like to talk about your musical entries later as music is a subject near and dear to my heart.

Last edited:

fzappa13

Before moving on ... and while we are translating Latin here, now might be a good time to translate the Latin affixed to the jewel of the 33rd degree Freemason. The first phrase inscribed thereon is "ordo ab chao" which translated means "order from chaos'. With this in mind I was somewhat taken aback when I heard the most recent darling of political conservative effort, Matt Gaetz, use this term to describe his efforts. The other phrase on said jewel is "Deus Meumque Jus". You can't translate this from any Latin dictionary you can lay hands on in your local book store ... should one still exist anywhere near you. I had to shell out $120 to get one sufficient unto the task by mail. "Deus" means "gods'. The term is plural. "Meumque" ... this was the term that forced me to find another reference work than that which was commonly available. It means, roughly, "by your own work or labor." "Jus" means law or natural law, as in, a law of nature. Roughly translated you get "gods, by our own effort/work and natural law."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Before moving on ... and while we are translating Latin here, now might be a good time to translate the Latin affixed to the jewel of the 33rd degree Freemason. The first phrase inscribed thereon is "ordo ab chao" which translated means "order from chaos'. With this in mind I was somewhat taken aback when I heard the most recent darling of political conservative effort, Matt Gaetz, use this term to describe his efforts. The other phrase on said jewel is "Deus Meumque Jus". You can't translate this from any Latin dictionary you can lay hands on in your local book store ... should one still exist anywhere near you. I had to shell out $120 to get one sufficient unto the task by mail. "Deus" means "gods'. The term is plural. "Meumque" ... this was the term that forced me to find another reference work than that which was commonly available. It means, roughly, "by your own work or labor." "Jus" means law or natural law, as in, a law of nature. Roughly translated you get "gods, by our own effort/work and natural law."
Yeppers.
Masons are just another packaging of spiritual alchemy and gnosticim.
Seeking hidden divine knowledge to help you open yourself up to the inner self-realization that you can rise above and be part of brotherhood of godlike beings that shepherd order back to a chaotic world.
It started way back in the garden.
Made a big comeback and caused a flurry of secret societies to arise.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I suspect that one guy's good guy is another guy's bad guy it just depends upon your perspective. I like your list. It's peopled by a pretty disparate group but that's not immediately obvious in that few have taken the time to thoroughly research everyone in the group as it concerns their individual masonic affiliations and how they were or were not manifest. It is human nature for us to cast ourselves in the best possible light when offering a self estimation of ourselves for public consumption and so anything offered by the lodge as it concerns their members tends to look something like your list depending upon which culture said list was crafted for. I suspect that my attempts to bring forth names and history that involved Freemasons not commonly known might look like a "bad guys" list in that their masonic affiliation is not commonly known for the reasons I listed above.

I'd like to address everyone on your list individually but that is beyond the scope of a single post. As a way to briefly illustrate my point I would like to consider the names of John Wayne and Ben Franklin. John Wayne was a media created icon and, as such, had a great deal of positive cultural cache. The Lodge greatly desired to be affiliated with his image for that reason and so they pursued him relentlessly. He eventually conceded to their requests for him to be initiated. Both they and he had little, if anything, to do with each other after that.

This is in stark contrast to Ben Franklin's masonic career. Ben Franklin was extremely intelligent and nothing if not eccentric. Like Albert Pike who came after him, he was a member of many Rites and Lodges, Grand Master of the Philadelphia Lodge, Grand Master of the Illuminati 9 Sisters Lodge, a Templar mason and the list goes on. It was at his behest that the seal you now see on the back of our present one dollar bill be adopted. Said seal is admittedly masonic and though there are many significant aspects of this seal I would point to three for the time being ... the first two being phrases. The first phrase "Annuit Coeptis" is Latin and translated means "The year it begins." The second is also Latin and reads " Novus Ordo Seclorum" which all you conspiracy buffs know means "New World Order." The third aspect of this seal I would draw attention to is the singular eye. That symbol has made it's way to us thru antiquity and it is all but impossible to ignore now for those that observe modern western culture.

I'd like to talk about your musical entries later as music is a subject near and dear to my heart.
Your bias is startling.

Some significant percentage, although not a majority, of the people who founded the most free, prosperous, tolerant and generous nation the world has ever seen were Freemasons, including its first president, who, instead of being the power hungry politicians that masonic conspiracy theorists would have you believe that freemasonry is all about, not only refused to be made king but stepped down after two terms as president and retired back to being a farmer.

What exactly is it that you believe the Masons are up to, anyway? What is it that you think their real purpose is and just what are they doing to achieve this purpose?